Home
Recently bought a 2013 Rubicon with 4-1 reduction transfer case.

Am trying to find out where the transmission gears overlap from high to low range.

Most transfer cases are somewhere around 2-1 reduction, and cross over in about the middle of the transmission.

I've got a manual 6 speed transmission, and it seems like 6th low is just a bit higher than first gear high?

Don't know where to find this information., Can anyone help?

Thanks! Virgil B.
I would think if it's got a tach, a speedo, manual trans, it should only take a few minutes to figure it out.
Transmission ratio for 6spd manual transmission.

You will then need to know if you are a 3.73 or 4.10.

Use this for your crawl ratios.
Using Sac's link, your ratios will be:

Code
	          1st	  2nd   3rd	4th	 5th     6th
High Range	 4.46	 2.61   1.72    1.25	 1       0.84
Low Range       17.84   10.44   6.88    5	 4       3.36

So, yes 6th gear low range is slightly higher than 1st gear high range. Your axle ratio would apply on top of this, but won't change where your gears overlap.

ETA: They do you a hell of a favor with that 4:1 transfer case IMO. On my toyota trail rig, I have dual 2.28:1 cases, so a max of ~5.2:1 with both in low. It would make a lot more sense to lower both high and low range by a factor of 2ish, since the thing never exceeds 25mph. I guess that is sort of accomplished by the second transfer case, but it seems like a waste of a set of high range gears.

cwh 2;

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.

Also, I have 4.10 differential gears.

My driveway gains 300 foot elevation in less than a half mile, and I had 8-10 inches of snow on it two days ago.

6th gear low with the front and back differentials both locked seemed to be "just right" for climbing it.

Virgil B.
© 24hourcampfire