Home
ok i'll start this is my 1988 K5 blazer 400hp 350 running mild 33x12.50 tires

yes a bit rusty i bought a military blazer for a donor cab and plan to rebuild from ground up

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just plain old 2006 Chevy Silverado LT-3 Crew Cab/Short Bed Duramax LBZ/Allison 1000. Works for me.

Steve
99 ranger, 4.0 3" BL(previous owners)

Twas sitting on 32x11.50's
[Linked Image]

Now its on 33x12.50 MTZ's
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Don't know how to post pics, but mine is a 2000 Taco on 31X10.5. Never even got close to stuck anywhere we went. Hauls a huge load with 3K+ lb trailer out back.
Originally Posted by Joe_Kidd
Never even got close to stuck anywhere we went.

Then you werent pushin it grin grin grin
My daily driver...'98 Taco 4x4 V6 5 speed w/134K miles...better than a Rhino..its got heater & AC ! 23 mpg.. [Linked Image]
Mine, an 04 Ford PSD 4x4 and I get 17-18 mpg in town.
[Linked Image]
I just need to give the nose a bit of a lift to level it out.
2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ
[Linked Image]
i knew we would get atleast one jeep i've always wanted a cj
[Linked Image]

1953 M38a1 at work in the Sierra mountains. Stock drive train with the addition of a warn over drive. It has Ham radio and CB as well and is just FULL of guns. grin Bear
'06 MegaCab .... stock

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 11236-Megacab.JPG
Yes, it's all wheel drive. wink

[Linked Image]

Then there's this one.

[Linked Image]
2003 Dodge 3/4T Cummins, leveled, a few plug in engine mods, 315 BFG's on H2 rims.

Attached picture 11237-677902427505_0_ALB.jpg
Originally Posted by pixarezzo

Then there's this one.

[Linked Image]

Well the car looks great and the truck looks good!!!! But Damn your house needs some work�grin grin grin
[Linked Image]
I took this picture because of my dog, but you can see the truck pretty well to.

1997 GMC K1500. 5.7 Vortec, few small engine mods, dual exhaust running 35x12.5x15's. 127K, and I get on average 14 MPG. Unless I am towing my trailer with quads, then I am down to about 10. She will go anywhere and laugh at the terrain, all though I dont push her too hard.. That is what the quads are for!

[Linked Image]
here's one of my 2 fav trucks doing some work.

load of dirt.
[Linked Image]

hauling logs for corduroy road.
[Linked Image]

and here's what it looks like taking a rest.
[Linked Image]

here's a pair of workin brothers next to each other.
[Linked Image]

and here's one that I let get away after doing a full restoration a while back.
[Linked Image]
I'm jelous.

Great trucks, those old fords.
i'm a chevy man but the truck i miss most that i let go was a 79 ford 3 speed on column but 2 wheel
OT, but the search and FAQ revealed nothing. How do I get a picture in a post (as opposed to just a link)?
Tony_M,

Look in the photography forum, I think its right above the trucks and 4X4 forum. In this photo forum, the top of the list is a sticky and it shows how to post pics. Really easy.

Me is truckless but been looking for something for a while. Prolly will get a Taco before the end of the year.

Let us know if you still have problems.
Valad - Much appreciated!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The current 03 Jeep GC. It's history next weekend to be replaced by an 08 4Runner. It's a true POS having gone through $7K in unplanned maintenance in 93K miles. Had a prior 91 standard Cherokee and a 95 Grand that were good trucks. Just have to assume that Jeep is pretty much done in.

Issues:
Front brakes and rotors at 30K
Driver side seat heat at 40K
Both hatch struts shot at 45K
All four shocks leaking and replaced at 50K
both rear bushings shot at 50K
Plastic surrounding shifter snapped in two at 60K
drivers side air duct broken at 75K (requiring disassembly down to the firewall)
Glove box latch came off in my hand at 90K requiring replacement of whole door assembly
Constant clunk from left front backing out of driveway (not ball joint I think)
Constant grinding from rear that goes away f you flush and fill differential every 15K

Hopefully the Toy will be better, can't be much worse.
[Linked Image]

well pugs you sure got a lemon the taco will be better for sure
Originally Posted by tbear99
well pugs you sure got a lemon the taco will be better for sure

I have high hope. Tears me up to by a Japanese vehicle but I don't think I have a choice. Cars are expensive and ought to last if maintained.
Pugs ... on the bright side, buying a Taco employs many Americans since they're made here!!! Almost like buying American.
Originally Posted by avagadro
Pugs ... on the bright side, buying a Taco employs many Americans since they're made here!!! Almost like buying American.

Wife says SUV so no Taco, although I'd be all over it.

The sad part on the Jeep is it wasn't a lemon. The build quality was fine. Even today it's quiet and has no odd rattles or other noises. The problem is stuff simply wearing out long before it should. Brake rotors, hatch struts, climate control doors, shocks, bushing etc, stuff that was planned to be obsolete so it could be replaced. I won't be party to it and bad engineering.
DOESEN'T Tacos have a fore runner or something in the suv line?
Put a topper on the taco and call it an SUV. Problem solved
DOESEN'T Tacos have a fore runner or something in the suv line?

Yep, that's what it will be is a 4Runner. The first generation were essentially caps on 4 door pickups. The new ones are a bit more lux. That keeps SWMBO happy and thus I am happy. grin
Well, went and did it. Finn the Wonderlab approves

[Linked Image]

Atlas gray that looks bluish. Looking forward to a little off-road driving this next week when I head to the farm for deer season.

[Linked Image]
ok pugs eithe i'm half blind which i admit or i can't tell what it is.so what did you buy?
I hope ya didn't fall outta the tree you had to climb to get that downward shot........
ok pugs eithe i'm half blind which i admit or i can't tell what it is.so what did you buy?

Couple of pictures there so they must not be loading for you. Picked up an 08 4Runner limited. V8 with AWD. $10K under sticker right now.

Took the picture from my back porch so it's a bit of a downward angle.
pugs pics showed i just not up on the new vehichels. congrats on the taco

i would take over a cherokee any day
Wow nice ride Pugs..
that thing's cool.

but don't park so close to the building, make me nervous!! grin
Nice ride. It does look a wee bit too close to the bldg.
nice rig pugs. guy I work with has one and likes it a lot.
not to worry i'm sure pugs depth percetion is better then ours.Fine parking pugs
Here's my 1964 GMC Carryall (Suburban) 4x4. All original with the 305 inch GMC V6 truck engine, and grandma 4 speed.
[Linked Image]
Ain't seen one of them in a while.......
ken nice truck i'm not sure about the 305 is that a built six/
Grandpa's daily Driver. Or It will be when he's done. Bought it new but eventually parked it under an oak tree. Now he's starting over.

Last I heard he had cahnged the steering box over to a 3:1 and changed it from a 3spd collum shift to a 3spd on the floor. Tom's Bronco parts is a local shop here. They know him by name now grin

71 bronco
[Linked Image]

He's planning on paintin it purple. I think that verifies what we thought all along.... He's loosing his mind LOL

[Linked Image]
Pugs ... smooth ride. If momma and the pooch are happy I know you're happy! smile Now go git some mud on it!! smile

Again, its made in the USA, so there are some workers out there that are happy with your choice.
Cool ride, Ken. Sure don't see many of them on the road today. There's a local florist in town that has a '65 2WD model that for as long as I can remember has been parked/abandoned under an awning in the back of their bldg.
mud i like the blazer in backround.Those old broncos are nice too.

The blazer isnt to bad, its got that 6.2 diesel in it. Seems he put a Banks turbo or something in it not to long ago.
If anyone is looking for an old bronco my local junkyard received a 74 in looks decent from distance never been up close it does not have a title which i think is easy solution He told me 700 not sure if my price or anybody price if some one is close enough and interested pm i have nothing to do with this just hate to see old vehichles get crushed

This is in between rochester and syracuse ny
that's the problem with those old bronco's. they look good from far away but once you get up close and take a good look at 'em. they're pretty rough. It not, you're gonna pay through the nose to get one. I like them a lot, but not for the time or the money they take to restore.

That suburban farther up the thread was very cool and would make a great hunting rig.
It sure is nice to see those older trucks and SUV's. You see a lot of older cars, not really a lot of older truck!

Here is my truck. My best helper (my son) and I are getting ready to unload the ATV's. We're getting ready to cut down a few maple trees at my sisters last year. My truck isn't a work truck, it's my every day driver. It's been 100% rock solid so far. It's an '07 SLT 4x4, Hemi, auto tranny, 3:92 gears with limited slip rear end, tow package, pretty much loaded. I put a Downey Tonneau cover on it and changed the 20 inch wheels and tires to 17 inch wheels and tires.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ken375
Here's my 1964 GMC Carryall (Suburban) 4x4. All original with the 305 inch GMC V6 truck engine, and grandma 4 speed.
[Linked Image]

everybody who knows me knows I'm a ford guy at heart, but how can you not like this thing?

That's cool!! love it!!

everybody who knows me knows I'm a ford guy at heart, but how can you not like this thing?

That's cool!! love it!!

I drive a Dodge but really don't have a favorite .... the Mega-Cab fit my needs when I got it ...

But DITTO x10!!!!

Dat would make one fine Hunin' rig.
I agree, and said so earlier in the thread. That is a very cool rig, and it screams hunting vehicle.

I'd drive it like heck.
That ole Jimmie Sub is a real classic.. It brings back memories of one a pard had back in the 70's.. It was dark green and white.. Had the same engine but was a 2WD.. Everything was game in those days.. Hang on to it or you will someday regret it..
Dave love those old Ford trucks! heres my 96

[Linked Image]
i always liked the body style in the 90's ford
Originally Posted by ken375
[Linked Image]

Now that is a Huntin Wagon cool
99 Tahoe: aka "Black Beast" Durable, dependable and made like a truck. In a couple years if I don't decide to put some cash into it, will probably morph into a used FJ cruiser. However I will miss it.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire