Home
Anybody shooting one? YT reviews didn't look horrible. Been wanting a 22 WMR rifle. For $206 I rolled the dice.

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/22...-system-15-new-mlok-sch-gen-2-upper.html
Those uppers get a lot of hate on many forums but honestly Ive had a few and they all worked great for me. Let us know how it does!
I couldn't remember why I didn't have a couple and just tried to order. Then I remembered. Hint.(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Straight blowback makes me nervous once you exceed 22LR,as I've seen a lot of failures/bursts,which is why I LOVE my Garrow Hummer uppers. Hint.................
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I couldn't remember why I didn't have a couple and just tried to order. Then I remembered. Hint.(grin)

Straight blowback makes me nervous once you exceed 22LR,as I've seen a lot of failures/bursts,which is why I LOVE my Garrow Hummer uppers. Hint.................

Damn.
Are you saying they want 190 for shipping that upper---WTRF
Shipping to MT was $24, via Fedex. I thought that seemed a little high......guess I was very wrong.
Went S/S,ordered (2) and that's obviously over the $300 Free Shipping minimum purchase threshold at $437.82 total. They never saw it coming. Hint...................(grin)

Hell yeah, makes sense to order two. Almost the same cost as shipping one.
Most of the buyer reviews are very positive. There are some complaints about light-strikes, and soft firing pins.

This is probably one of those rimfires that you don't want to dry-fire. Most likely that's where the firing pin issues are coming from.

Also it looks like it doesn't work with a notched hammer.
Been considering one in 22 rimfire.
My brother has one. It's OK at best. Has to use a proprietary buffer, so unless you dedicate a lower to it is a PITA. Fun with the binary though.
Yeah I see it comes with the necessary buffer and spring included.

Swapping those parts in/out should only take about 30 seconds.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Yeah I see it comes with the necessary buffer and spring included.

Swapping those parts in/out should only take about 30 seconds.

Yeah I should have clarified that the binary he has in that lower makes it difficult to remove the buffer. Not a big deal normally. We burned up his whole stash of ammo in about 15 minutes with it. Had a few fail to fires, and his won't extract live rounds at all. For the money though, it's not a bad deal.
Sounds like fun. Hopefully this will not be a bum purchase. Anyhoo, we'll find out.
Rickety,

Fortunately,gals like you can "afford" to DREAM and Pretend aloud...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
It’s hard to get to Stick’s AO via ground
Originally Posted by David_Walter
It’s hard to get to Stick’s AO via ground
tough getting the guards at the asylum to pass him stuff?

I have a RayVin upper that is the most accurate 22wmr i have ever shot. if the bear creek units come anywhere close I will get one.
The trouble with RayVin's,are that they are straight blowback and prone to burst cases/failures. Hint.

Flipside being a Garrow,which uses HK-esque roller lockers,which are truly round,as opposed to Teutonic cylindrical. They are gas operated to boot,with locking "bolts". Hint.

The Whine sure is soothing! Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Rickety,

Fortunately,gals like you can "afford" to DREAM and Pretend aloud...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Give that tampon a twist there Stick. I like lighter 22 rifles and more conventional designs. Even a wood stock for instance. But still am considering an upper anyway.
Rickety,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you "don't like" AR's,as you are Posting on an AR Board and DREAMING to "stretch same",but a Dedicated Rimfire Peezer is "too heavy" because there's no wood on it?!? Your Retardation is fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

18.5 lbs on top. Now you can say you've "seen" one,which makes this a BIG Day for you! Hint.

Perhaps add somepunctuation and put my name on your Avatar?!? HINT.

Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend,Stealing Pics and Retardation are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
Posted By: KenMi Re: Bear Creek upper in 22 WMR? - 09/01/23
Liar Larry won't admit to being on the AR15 forums cause they ran him out and locked the door. Hint.
KenBitchAgain,

There's NO slighting your taste in men,as you fill out Hurt Feeler Reports and wax eloquent upon your Man Lust and it's plum flattering...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend,Stealing Pics and Retardation are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Pardon Reality. Hint.

Looks like we timed the buy pretty good. Prices are upped from this morning,

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/calibers/22-magnum-wmr-ar-15/22-magnum-complete-uppers.html
Undoubtedly to recoup their Shipping to me. Hint(grin)

Undoubtedly to recoup their Shipping to me. Hint(grin)

LOL, yeah, I think you nailed it!
I snagged a 22lr upper for momma. Good reviews.
Rickety,

Did you give that tampon a twist? I like light guns when running after the dogs at night hog/coon hunting. When I can carry a less than 5 pound rifle without a magazine, pistol grip sticking out working through thick brush in the dark I will. For paper punching I find 22 rimfires boring as you have to rely on factory ammo to provide precision. But you do you.
Rickety,

You are THE Tampon...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

First it's a scheme to make AR's bigger and now your Imaginary Dogs don't like them,because it gets dark?!? Fascinating concept,that some of the most accurate rifles on the Planet,hurt your feelers to. Keep filling outthose Hurt Feeler Reports,while you think about me and "live" vicariously. Hint.

Perhaps add some punctuation and put my name on your Avatar to boot?!? HINT.

Yep make the action of an AR .25 longer so the bullets you like won't take up so much room inside the case. Bet that would make the rifle what 3 ounces heavier? You don't rate punctuation Stick, maybe chained to a nuthouse wall somewhere foaming at the mouth overdosed on Thorazine. But not punctuation.
Rickety,

I simply consume your every thought,"move" and Avatar...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

May The Force Be With You,on your "Brazen" Journey to "boldly" build The New AR(for my bullets),which will replicate what I've been doing for years. In fact,such things are known here as "Friday morning". Please continue to DREAM aloud,in your high pitched nasal whine(not that it could be curtailed). Hint.

Perhaps add some punctuation and put my name on your Avatar to boot?!? HINT.

Posted By: 79S Re: Bear Creek upper in 22 WMR? - 09/01/23
$237 bucks??? Who has that kind of money laying around????
I’ve yet to play with a Bear Creek upper of any caliber that ‘liked’ extracting live rounds. 223/5.56/6.5 were very ‘sticky’ or stiff. Spotty on not extracting at all. Some of the 300 BO uppers buddies would have me look over would leave the bullet in the bore and dump powder all down the mag well. Most factory 300 BO ammo is not the stoutest on crimping. I’m not sure they have the chamber/throat thing dialed in….or at least their barrel supplier doesn’t.
Well my upper is on the Fedex truck. Should be getting here on Wednesday.

Received a box from Midway today with a couple 14-round Black Dog magazines, and 500 rounds of CCI Maxi Mag 40gr Hollow Point. So I should be all set.
Well my upper is on the Fedex truck. Should be getting here on Wednesday.

Received a box from Midway today with a couple 14-round Black Dog magazines, and 500 rounds of CCI Maxi Mag 40gr Hollow Point. So I should be all set.
Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
Those uppers get a lot of hate on many forums but honestly Ive had a few and they all worked great for me. Let us know how it does!
I have 4 Bear creek uppers and they all work fine.
I have Bear Creek 17 HMR. Works good.
The upper came in yesterday evening. I'm in the process of deep cleaning the bore. The front half of the bore was clean/shiny after a couple patches. The rear half was rough and dull looking in the grooves. Apparently some petrified schmang sauce from the chambering or something. Anyhoo scrubbing it out with a new tight bronze brush, Montana Extreme and Bore Tech Eliminator.....It's getting there, but still working on it.
Got her out and put a 40/100 yard zero on it. CCI Maxi Mag 40gr HP. Midrange it's up .6".

Didn't have any cycling issues. 40-yard groups were all under 1". Most were two or three in a cloverleaf with the rest a bit further out. Not bad for a 22 WMR, and a milspec trigger. It will be a solid 150-yard pest blaster/fun gun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That’s great. I may have to keep my eye out for the next time they’re on sale. I’ve got a 10” BCA 300BO upper and it’s been great.
Kind of messy, but here is the sight-in target with a few of the groups circled.

Rattle-canned the works today, now that I have faith it won't need to be sent back.

Any updates?

Still working smooth?
I have been busy putting up firewood the last couple weeks, so my play time has been infringed upon....(grin).

I'm going to do some longer range accuracy testing with the CCI ammo though. Maybe I'll try to get a vid.

I saw a recent vid by Drew on Beyond Seclusion. He put his through its paces with a variety of ammo. Only trouble he had was with a aftermarket trigger giving light strikes, and forgetting to swap spring/buffer on one of his lowers.

I have been busy putting up firewood the last couple weeks, so my play time has been infringed upon....(grin).

I'm going to do some longer range accuracy testing with the CCI ammo though. Maybe I'll try to get a vid.

I saw a recent vid by Drew on Beyond Seclusion. He put his through its paces with a variety of ammo. Only trouble he had was with a aftermarket trigger giving light strikes, and forgetting to swap spring/buffer on one of his lowers.

I will check it out.
I've a few. Hint.............

I've a few. Hint.............

Are you leaving it at 20", or showing it the sawzall?
20" is a very nice place to be,with said chambering. Hint...............
I had a 20" Winchester 9422M back in my teenage years. I liked it.

I went into this wanting a 20", but only the 16" was in stock when I ordered. I'm happy with it though. It gives up a little velocity, but not enough to really matter for taking care of yard pests.....skunks, coons, porcupines, coyotes, badgers, fox, etc where the shots are not terribly far anyways.
I have one in 22LR. Loves mini mags.
Any updates on function etc??
Nothing new to share here. I have gotten busy with some other stuff, and haven't been shooting the 22WMR.
Nothing new to share here. I have gotten busy with some other stuff, and haven't been shooting the 22WMR.
👍🏻
Didn't realize there was already a thread in the AR section on these. Buddy of mine picked one up , I was skeptical 22mag in a semi and all. Anyway his is very accurate and reliable so I had to have one. Bca 16" upper on a Psa lower. Qms trigger that was smoothed up a bit , leftover set of rings and a Burris FF2 3-9. Taking it to the range later
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Shot mine today. Gotta say I'm impressed. No failures in 80 rounds or so. Well under an inch at 75 yards ( farthest I shot on paper. ) Shot 4 different loads very well. Seemed to like the CCI and Winchester 40 grain hollow points the best.
Good to hear! Seems like a trend.
$203 https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/22...-length-blowback-15-mlok-sch-upper.html?
I went 20",to reap S/S and mine is SURPRISINGLY good,even with a 30mm Reupold 3.5-10x 50mm Teutonic #4 Lit Bitch. Shoots well inside an inch at 100yds. Hint.

Just sayin'................
Nice!
Balances WAYYYYY better than an initial guesstimate,but I didn't factor The Loudener,as being THAT fhuqking heavy. Rather nice parcel now. Hint.

No feed/function issues,but I only whistled 100rds through it. Gunning the OEM supplied buffer/spring. Thus far,I've only shot 30gr V-Max and will stay that course,as I like the flight pattern and Terminal Effects. I keep reaching for the charging handle,that isn't there however. Hint.(grin)

My expectations were easily Low-ish(at most),but this fhuqking thing RUNS and the Accuracy/Precision is very fhuqking surprising. I've been rolling my Garrow 17 Hummers,for Winterly Cast & Blast Fur Guns,but this bitch is gonna make the cut and I NEVER saw that fhuqking coming! Hint.

Will likely go Warne X-SKEL and Illuminatti,as the Reupold Laughs are already old,not even 24hrs into the build.(grin) I'm thinking that'll allow the TLR-8 to come home and rest above the chamber,or better yet,receiver proper. Hint.

Any/all on the fence...get 'em while you can. Hint................
Posted By: KenMi Re: Bear Creek upper in 22 WMR? - 11/02/23
A RAR 22 WMR will outshoot that any day
By the time you delete the loudener, it's not that much longer than the 16" with the loudener.
Admittedly,I've never even heard of a "RAR". Hint.

Though I have heard of a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,who just "happens" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Hint.

By the time you delete the loudener, it's not that much longer than the 16" with the loudener.

The Loudener is rather "impressive". Hint.(grin)

I was counting on having to yank the spout,throw it in the lathe and shorten for balance...but alas. It's a rather nice parcel. Hint.

Appreciate the nudge!...............
You bet. I'm glad I got one myself.
Couldn't fhuqking stand it and sooooooooooo much fhuqking better. Hint.

It'll whack some schit,for certain. Hint...............
Looks like a good match for the rifle.
Did the "inside an inch" accuracy improve with the better scope?

Lil Fish,

I hope all is well up North. Looks like you still have nice weather.

That's quite the scope mounting setup you have going on in your nice picture. Don't think I have ever seen a cantilever scope mount used to mount a scope so far rearward.

Would you mind taking a few moments out of your busy day and snap a picture of you looking through the scope. Similar to Shane's picture in this thread which I will repost so you and eveyone can see where is the normal position scope position on ARs.

Thanks buddy as I am always trying to learn and I realize your stature is a bit less but that's the purpose of that adjustable stock.

Squirms,

You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
What mags do these run?
Originally Posted by badwolf
What mags do these run?
Black dog machine. 10 or 14 rd only as far as I know. Available from Bear creek, midway or black dog themselves
Correct. Both the 10 and 14 are of the exact same footprint,but the 10's wear an internal shim,to rob those (4) rounds. I've been shooting the fhuqk outta them in my Garrow Hummers and never an issue. Hint..................
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Lil Fish,

I hope all is well up North. Looks like you still have nice weather.

That's quite the scope mounting setup you have going on in your nice picture. Don't think I have ever seen a cantilever scope mount used to mount a scope so far rearward.

Would you mind taking a few moments out of your busy day and snap a picture of you looking through the scope. Similar to Shane's picture in this thread which I will repost so you and eveyone can see where is the normal position scope position on ARs.

Thanks buddy as I am always trying to learn and I realize your stature is a bit less but that's the purpose of that adjustable stock.

John, his scope is set pretty far back. The eye relief on that scope (if it's the SWFA 1-4x24) is just over 2" at 4 power, so that probably explains some of the rear set. This photo illustrates what it takes for mounting location to get that scope in a place that's natural. Everyone is welcome to laugh at that gun.

Posted By: Tyrone Re: Bear Creek upper in 22 WMR? - 11/03/23
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
John, his scope is set pretty far back. The eye relief on that scope (if it's the SWFA 1-4x24) is just over 2" at 4 power, so that probably explains some of the rear set.
I'm not seeing that anywhere. What I'm seeing is it has ~3" eye relief, like nearly every other scope in that class.
I think his scope mounting boils down to his freakish neck/face anatomy and how he shoots (not like good shooters).
THE Twatly Trifecta. Hint.

Squirms is THE Professional Victim. Hint.

PaulaBurnedHard is THE Whining Dumbfhuqk. Hint.

Trybone is THE Thieving Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

Originally Posted by Tyrone
John, his scope is set pretty far back. The eye relief on that scope (if it's the SWFA 1-4x24) is just over 2" at 4 power, so that probably explains some of the rear set.
I'm not seeing that anywhere. What I'm seeing is it has ~3" eye relief, like nearly every other scope in that class.
I think his scope mounting boils down to his freakish neck/face anatomy and how he shoots (not like good shooters).

I had previously guestimated the eye relief. I just took occasion to measure it using the flashlight method that John Barsness has mentioned a few times.

SWFA's advertised eye relief on their 1-4 is 3.1-5. The actual measured eye relief on 4X and 1X on mine is 2.7 and 3.9. I just measured the eye relief on my Bushnell AR Optics 1-6. They list eye relief as 3.6. It's 3.7 and 5.4.
The SWFA 1-4x is a killer little scope, but yes, the eye relief on 4x is minimal. Mine is mounted the same way and I'm 6'2. Is what it is, and if Tyrone had any firsthand knowledge instead of reading a spec, he'd know that.
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
The SWFA 1-4x is a killer little scope, but yes, the eye relief on 4x is minimal. Mine is mounted the same way and I'm 6'2. Is what it is, and if Tyrone had any firsthand knowledge instead of reading a spec, he'd know that.

I moved mine over to a 10/22 LVT. I kinda like it there. The glass on the scope and the illumination control are very good. I haven't yet tried it out on the 10/22, but it dialed in as directed getting it sighted in on 2 other rifles.
Puhleeze n1g3r, we aren't talking about 1/4"-1/2" here. It's more like in the range of 2.5" - 3".

Reading spec! 😅😂🤣

Here's a couple properly set-up scopes. A guy might be able to pull them back maybe 1/2", depending on his build. These scopes have an eye relief of about 2.9"

Here's a guy with a well-positioned scope.

[Linked Image from cmp1.zenfolio.com]

Here's a gal with a good set-up.

[Linked Image from cmp1.zenfolio.com]

It's true - you can tell who shoots rifles well and who is good at shooting their mouths.
Posted By: goalie Re: Bear Creek upper in 22 WMR? - 11/03/23
Puhleeze n1g3r, we aren't talking about 1/4"-1/2" here. It's more like in the range of 2.5" - 3".

Reading spec! 😅😂🤣

Here's a couple properly set-up scopes. A guy might be able to pull them back maybe 1/2", depending on his build. These scopes have an eye relief of about 2.9"

Don't bother. I had my SS 1-4x mounted almost exactly the same as my Trijicon. Having it hanging 2-3 over the buffer tube is 🤡

Once a person understands that Lil Fish just uses rifles as props for staged pictures his scope mounting antics make a bit more sense. Once you pay attention it's hilarious how much his scopes vary in mounting location.

LIL Fish,

Pictures of you looking through the scope are still not loading.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
We go through this schitt every year at the range when we have sight-in days for the deer hunters. They all want to shoot off a bench (which we encourage). But after they get shots on paper, we ask them "You gonna have a BR out in the deer woods?" "Uh...no..." "Well, maybe you should try shooting from a field position, like sitting." That's when the hilarity ensues. laugh laugh Nearly every dumbass Fudd has his scope set up exactly like the guy who lives next to the fish cannery.
I am starting a thread about scope mounting here in the AR forum so as to not mess up Shane's thread.

It's an interesting topic.
Squirms,

Your Professional Victim Status,has long been noted...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As well as your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Burns got let out of posting jail ?

Wondering how long that will last until he's gagged again.....
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I am starting a thread about scope mounting here in the AR forum so as to not mess up Shane's thread.

It's an interesting topic.

I am definitely interested.
BCA has complete 22 magnum rifles for $359 right now. Says it doesn't come with a magazine, so you'll have to add those in.
BCA has complete 22 magnum rifles for $359 right now. Says it doesn't come with a magazine, so you'll have to add those in.
They had the 20" upper for just over $200 the other day. I've got a few of their uppers , never tried their lowers or complete guns
Well, a range buddy showed me his BC .22 mag today and I was pleasantly surprised. I had been looking at them just last night, at $306. This evening, I picked up a PSA lower, an EPT model really cheap with free shipping, thinking I’d wait for the uppers to go on sale at some point. Went to look at the uppers again tonight, and that point had been reached.

Only $20 shipping to the Mountain State….

My friend said he was getting light strikes, but an extra-power hammer spring fixed that.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Well, a range buddy showed me his BC .22 mag today and I was pleasantly surprised. I had been looking at them just last night, at $306. This evening, I picked up a PSA lower, an EPT model really cheap with free shipping, thinking I’d wait for the uppers to go on sale at some point. Went to look at the uppers again tonight, and that point had been reached.

My friend said he was getting light strikes, but an extra-power hammer spring fixed that.

You can do better than $306, here are some under $200.

Stainless 20" for $206.

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/calibers/22-magnum-wmr-ar-15/22-magnum-complete-uppers.html

Some triggers will get light strikes . Tried mine on a spare lower that had a Geissele trigger. 3 out of 20 had to be hit again. Went back to the lower with a QMS no problems
I keep milspec triggers in all my AR lowers. No trouble with hard primer 7.62x39, 22WMR, or anything else.

Stainless 20" for $206.

I'm tempted to get a 20" stainless
Originally Posted by Troutnut

Stainless 20" for $206.

I'm tempted to get a 20" stainless

$203 is what I paid.
The PSA is milspec. I’ll see what it does, then adjust if needed. I have a bunch of ammo acquired for my S&W pistol, arriving next month. Some will no doubt need more whack than others.
Originally Posted by KenMi
A RAR 22 WMR will outshoot that any day
Yeah, but its a damn ruger. Nuff said.
One of those RARs, the SS model, was going to be my companion piece to the S&W pistol. They’re $414 on Gun Genie. This one is only a few dollars more, and I’ll have a lower that can be a lot more than a .22 mag with a quick swap-a-roo. No doubt this one will be more fun!
When I got home from fishing today, my upper was on the porch. Gotta wonder how they can do this for $200 and keep the cat fed. Pretty nice. Just for grins I put a PA Cyclops on it, but allegedly the scope and mount I ordered will be here tomorrow, so Wednesday I should have it out making noise.

That Cyclops is FDE, the upper is black naturally w/the SS barrel, and the furniture is O.D. green, all a little too multi-cultural for my taste. C’mon scope……
When I got home from fishing today, my upper was on the porch. Gotta wonder how they can do this for $200 and keep the cat fed. Pretty nice. Just for grins I put a PA Cyclops on it, but allegedly the scope and mount I ordered will be here tomorrow, so Wednesday I should have it out making noise.

That Cyclops is FDE, the upper is black naturally w/the SS barrel, and the furniture is O.D. green, all a little too multi-cultural for my taste. C’mon scope……
Nice. How was the fishing?
Four stinky hatchery rainbows and a decent (for that lake) crappie. They’re invited for lunch today…..

The trout weren’t huge, about 13”, but were fat and pretty feisty.
Four stinky hatchery rainbows and a decent (for that lake) crappie. They’re invited for lunch today…..

The trout weren’t huge, about 13”, but were fat and pretty feisty.
Nothing wrong with that
Nope. Pretty day, not much wind. Best part is the weeds and algae are gone now.

My “free shipping” scope is running later than first promised. I’m beginning to think some of these companies are big ol’ liars……
Despite indications to the contrary, the important stuff all came in today. Total weigh as shown is a rat turd under 8lbs.

[Linked Image]
Awsome. Let us know how it shoots...
As best as I can recollect, total cost including shipping and transfer fee, mags, and scope, is right at $700. Not bad, if it works and shoots….
What do the mags cost? And availinle capacity?. Do you figure the 30 gr v-max loads will function? Or just the old 40 gainers? Mb
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
What do the mags cost? And availinle capacity?. Do you figure the 30 gr v-max loads will function? Or just the old 40 gainers? Mb
They're $24 each ,Midway, Bear creek or Black dog themselves. Mine functions with anything from 30 gr to 50 gr
Just got home from the range. Couldn’t be more pleased with my results. Only fired 25 rounds: 10 Hornady 30gr VMax, 10 Federal 50gr Game Point, and 5 CCI MaxiMags.

5-shot groups with all those were 3/4” or just under; a 3-shot with the Hornady was under 1/2”, all at 50 yards. Bushnell 4500 1-4. Best part is all of those groups were on or just off the edges of the 1” white dots I was aiming for. I know I pulled one of the shots on the upper left to the right a bit.

[Linked Image]

Two shots lower center were the first fired. Adjusted to the center dot, then again for the 3-shots upper right.

Milspec trigger is pretty awful, but necessary for proper primer strikes. The rifle locks back on an empty mag, but there’s no hold open, so when the mag is dropped, the bolt closes. I tested (once) and it ejected a live round just fine.
Any one shoot one Left Handed if so how much gas and debris?
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Any one shoot one Left Handed if so how much gas and debris?

I'm a lefty. I haven't noticed any gas or debris hitting my face.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bear Creek upper in 22 WMR? - 11/18/23
Just got home from the range. Couldn’t be more pleased with my results. Only fired 25 rounds: 10 Hornady 30gr VMax, 10 Federal 50gr Game Point, and 5 CCI MaxiMags.

5-shot groups with all those were 3/4” or just under; a 3-shot with the Hornady was under 1/2”, all at 50 yards. Bushnell 4500 1-4. Best part is all of those groups were on or just off the edges of the 1” white dots I was aiming for. I know I pulled one of the shots on the upper left to the right a bit.

[Linked Image]

Two shots lower center were the first fired. Adjusted to the center dot, then again for the 3-shots upper right.

Milspec trigger is pretty awful, but necessary for proper primer strikes. The rifle locks back on an empty mag, but there’s no hold open, so when the mag is dropped, the bolt closes. I tested (once) and it ejected a live round just fine.

Are you pleased with the scope?
I am, very. It’s got 4” of ER, and a lot of latitude. You can see in the pic where I have it set (the eyepiece is turned out for my old eyeballs) and I can get a full view at 4x with the stock set anywhere. Some of that may be me tilting my head a bit, but not much. At 1x, it’s wide open. Might not be a true 1x, but very close.

I used a few Amazon points and only paid $120. It shipped from Midway. Just looked and the price is $134.99. It adjusted accurately, as far as I could tell. Didn’t do any testing, and it looks like I won’t need to do any dialing when I change loads. That Federal Game Point should be a good load for edible stuff at 1500fps or so.
I am, very. It’s got 4” of ER, and a lot of latitude. You can see in the pic where I have it set (the eyepiece is turned out for my old eyeballs) and I can get a full view at 4x with the stock set anywhere. Some of that may be me tilting my head a bit, but not much. At 1x, it’s wide open. Might not be a true 1x, but very close.

I used a few Amazon points and only paid $120. It shipped from Midway. Just looked and the price is $134.99. It adjusted accurately, as far as I could tell. Didn’t do any testing, and it looks like I won’t need to do any dialing when I change loads. That Federal Game Point should be a good load for edible stuff at 1500fps or so.
Gonna mount mine on the 6.8 upper here in a bit. I may order another soon as I have a new Ruger made Marlin 336 in 30-30 on my mind.

Should make an excellent scope even if a bit heavy for a small straight tube.
Should be fine on a .30/30 and a ML too I think. Very fast on target, if the stock lines you up correctly. 120 moa adjustment range is pretty dang good for $135. Might be helpful on old crookedy-ass d&t jobs.
Posted By: lc11 Re: Bear Creek upper in 22 WMR? - 12/16/23
I just picked up the .22LR upper, did so without hesitation, here's why. Everyone's hating on BCA because of what they read about some disgruntled buyer on a forum, or a couple bad reviews. My first experience was with perhaps, the most maligned caliber to stick in an AR rifle, 7.62x39. I bought a BCA Complete Upper in 7.62x39, stuck Duramags, an H2 buffer and ALG ACT trigger in it, all 3 items on advice by people at Geissele, BCA, my AR guru buddy, and a couple other Industry mfgs(gun companies are VERY helpful, compared to the rest of IDIOT Corporate America!) I run all the crap Russian ammo thru it, has yet to fail, and shoots 1"groups! I'll buy BCA forever!
© 24hourcampfire