Home
Posted By: 40cal Zombieland! - 10/16/09
I'm surprised no one has commented on Zombieland. Saw it last week and it was awesome. Lots of guns and some gore, but very funny. Woody Harrelson puts on a great performance. Emma Stone is a hottie, too! Very good to look at. Jesse Eisenberg and Abigail Breslan also do good performances. If you like zombie movies and shoot-em-ups, you will like this movie.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Zombieland! - 10/18/09
I saw it this evening. It was a much better film than I thought it would be.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Zombieland! - 10/23/09
40cal: I will go see it on your recommendation!
I enjoy something different and especially something different with guns!
It is supposed to start here in remote SW Montana week after next.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Stemshot Re: Zombieland! - 10/23/09
Funny flick. One of the best comedy zombie flicks ever.
Posted By: rattler Re: Zombieland! - 10/23/09
planning on going tonight since the rain [bleep] up my hunting weekend.....
Posted By: rattler Re: Zombieland! - 10/24/09
saw it.....if yah want a stupid funny movie it fits the bill, i was laughing pretty good through it.....
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Zombieland! - 10/24/09
40cal: Up on the marquee this afternoon came "Zombieland"!
I thought it was due here next Friday?
Anyway the VarmintWife and I went and saw it late this afternoon and we both enjoyed it, a LOT!
It was a fantasy romp with some surprises and some very funny scenes.
I am much more observant than many folks are and I found myself howling with laughter all by myself on more than a few occassions during the movie!
The first occassion was when the young hero of the movie is in a bathroom for a sit down session and a couple of Zombies accost him!
That scenes continues to a foot chase from the run down mens room to the adjacent parking lot as the Zombies are chasing the hero and the camera pans back and the hero has about an 8 foot strand of toilet paper stuck to his shoe as he is running for his life!
I am laughing again now just recalling it!
It's certainly worth a matinee ticket price.
I won't "spoil" anymore of the plot or scenes and I hope that anyone who goes to see the show is also entertained and gets a few good laughs out of it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
"Im not real good with fairwells so.........that'll do pig."

grin
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Zombieland! - 10/24/09
Originally Posted by rattler
planning on going tonight since the rain [bleep] up my hunting weekend.....

The upcoming weekend?

What happened? I'm headed out to the hills(up there) tomorrow morning. Hope I don't get stuck!
good luck......been raining here most of the week....
Posted By: BigCheeseStick Re: Zombieland! - 11/17/09
Great movie! Lots of fun!

Posted By: k3yston3 Re: Zombieland! - 02/09/10
I also enjoyed this zombie movie. However, my favorite silly zombie movie is still Shawn of the Dead.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Zombieland! - 03/29/10
Rented it Saturday night, definitely worth the price of rental. Pretty darn funny.

For some strange reason I have an urge to go out and get a hi-cap pistol and a pump shotgun today.

wink
Posted By: ironbender Re: Zombieland! - 04/03/10
I'll be odd man out. Thought it to be one of the worst movies I've fallen asleep during. Other than that, it was just dumb.

I guess I'm not a zombie-movie fan.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Zombieland! - 04/03/10
Originally Posted by 40cal
I'm surprised no one has commented on Zombieland. Saw it last week and it was awesome. Lots of guns and some gore, but very funny. Woody Harrelson puts on a great performance. Emma Stone is a hottie, too! Very good to look at. Jesse Eisenberg and Abigail Breslan also do good performances. If you like zombie movies and shoot-em-ups, you will like this movie.

I put in bold the reason I would not watch it. Won't support that liberal anti gun anti hunting type.
Posted By: DeerTracker Re: Zombieland! - 04/09/10
Im not a fan of the whole zombie thing either but i thought the movie was funny as hell. Just watched it Wednesday night. Only spent $1 on it from Redbox. "You sure do got a pretty mouth!"
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: Zombieland! - 04/10/10
Rented it yesterday. Stupid funny; a lot of laughs and moved fast. Kind of a combination of "Dusk Till Dawn" and "Napoleon Dynamite".
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Zombieland! - 05/13/10
It was okay. I must've rented it a couple of months back. I am a Zombie movie fan. It's pretty pedestrian as far as Zombie flicks go. Good cast and acting but typical lame story. Woody Harrelson always just plays his dad.
© 24hourcampfire