Home
Posted By: Bighorn Montana Bullet Works FYI - 03/21/24
I shoot several .480 Ruger and .475 Linebaugh handguns- for a long time, my bullet of choice for these has been the Cast Performance Wide Flat Nose hardcast gas-checked bullets, mostly 410 grains.
In the past few months, the supply of these bullets has dried up. After fruitless searches to find more, I finally decided to check out Montana Bullet Works. Turns out that they offer a selection of .475 cal. bullets, including a 400 gr. WFN hardcast gas-checked choice. I initially ordered 50, and worked up a load for my .475 Linebaugh that has proved to be very accurate. I since ordered 100 more, which arrived at my house within a few days.
If you are in need of such bullets, check out their webpage. I can highly recommend them!
Posted By: EdM Re: Montana Bullet Works FYI - 03/22/24
I have been using them for decades. Top quality from 32 - 500L.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Montana Bullet Works FYI - 03/22/24
They are indeed terrific, excellent quality and service. Even the way they package bullets is amazing.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Montana Bullet Works FYI - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by GF1
They are indeed terrific, excellent quality and service. Even the way they package bullets is amazing.

I have to agree with you, just opened a package from them yesterday that was wrapped completely with shipping tape, and inside was more packing paper than you can shake a stick at! Plus, the bullets packed into individual boxes with Styrofoam wedges to hold them in place is a nice touch!

Frog---OUT!
Posted By: okie john Re: Montana Bullet Works FYI - 03/22/24
I've used them for years. Top-notch product and service.

Okie John
Posted By: Dinny Re: Montana Bullet Works FYI - 03/24/24
I bought from them before and after the business sold. Now I cast my own.
Great source of bullets.
I have some of their 340gr 45's I'm going to try in my 454 casull, they ship quick that's for sure. Bullets look great, just have to get a spare hour and load some.
Posted By: RMiller2 Re: Montana Bullet Works FYI - 05/02/24
How do you finish an order? I tried several times with no success.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Montana Bullet Works FYI - 05/02/24
Originally Posted by RMiller2
How do you finish an order? I tried several times with no success.

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago- I placed an order online, but it didn't appear to go thru. I tried again a few minutes later, and it did go thru. I then got a phone call later from Montana, saying they had gotten two orders for the same item, and did I intend to do so? I told them no, I only needed one order.
May be a glitch in their system, I would try again, but be sure that only the order you want is being billed.
Posted By: RMiller2 Re: Montana Bullet Works FYI - 05/09/24
Have an order of 315 grain 45 colt SWC-K coming and some 200 grain coated 40's for my 10mm's.
Posted By: RMiller2 Re: Montana Bullet Works FYI - 05/11/24
Here are some of those MBW 315 Grain bullets.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire