Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Jeff, have you read through this thread? You know what my suggestion is. How much is your time worth? Its not about having "buckets of brass either". That's the dumbest fu cking comment, as there is so much brass of .556/.223 rem flavor laying out on the ground, always, that a person never has to worry about finding brass for an AR. Damn, the last time I was at the range I could have picked up a 1,000+ pieces laying on the gravel. Its not worth my time or effort anymore, but it may be worth yours? Some guys get off on collecting buckets of brass. I have better things to do with my time. YMMV... If you are new to realoading, my best suggestion is to keep it simple. If you don't like bending/breaking your decapping pin be selective as to what brass you use. Toss the other chidt in the scrap bin. IF you do pick up brass from the range, learn what is good and what is crap. Nothing wrong with using range pick up brass either, just be selective and it will save you a lot of headache..

Yes, I read through the thread. To me it's not about just chucking the mentioned brass, it's about the challenge of making it work like the rest of my brass. I ended up buying a Redding Flash Hole Deburring Tool with 22 Caliber Pilot. It works great to open up the flash hole from the inside of the case then my normal Decapping/sizing die has no problem pushing out the spent primer. I then use a primer pocket cleaning tool to take off any burrs left from pushing a normal sized Decapping pin through the case.

Again, for me it is all about the challenge. YMMV.

-Jeff

"An armed society is a polite society"