Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Its meme time DMc 4 minutes ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,318 14,658,752 more...
Re: College Burleyboy 11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
$32k Still seems pretty damned high. Get a As degree at the local community college for 20k and them transfer in. Make sure that the credits will transfer and get it in writing! Colleges love to discount students coursework and make them repeat classes in their campus so they can make more money. They’ll lie to your face about what will and won’t transfer.

That's kind of the route I went. I went to a cheap 2 year school to get my associates RN then to Boise State to get my BSN which was pretty reasonably priced for instate. I would have graduated with even less debt than the $15k I had if I hadn't done an expensive semester in Jerusalem and a semester just for fun in Hawaii.

It was graduate school that put me into some real debt but even then I went to the cheapest of the top 20 MBA programs. So I had a lot less debt than people who did ivy league MBAs but still got a valuable degree at a top ranked school. My grad school was only a bit over $4000/ semester for tuition when the other similarly ranked schools were as high as $40,000 a semester.

I paid off a majority of my student loans within about 4 years of graduating. Then I got another discount on interest for making the first 48 payments on time so my rate dropped to under 1 % so i took more time to pay off the last one.

I was lucky I got my loans before Obama federalized them all because I had some great rates and good incentives to pay on time. Now the rates are always much higher than I had and the feds incentivize the borrowers not to pay them back themselves.

The other day I saw were Biden paid off $250,000 in loans for a 49 year old who spent 9 years in school learning to play violin and has never had a real job so he'd never paid on any of his loans. He just let them grow and grow until uncle Biden used our money to buy his vote.

I tell my kids to seriously consider doing their undergrad schooling at cheaper schools. That if they want a degree from a big name school maybe get a graduate degree at one but only if it's were a degree that has great odds of getting a high paying job like engineer, dentist or Dr. I tell them if they really want to do art, music, social work or some liberal arts degree get a real job and pay their way through but don't take loans to get a degree like that.

There's too many kids borrowing tons to get worthless degrees. If anyone is paying their loans for them it should be the school's that suckered them into getting a worthless overpriced degree not us tax payers.

It just seems so wrong that hard working people that never got to go to school are being taxed to pay off other people's student loans. Especially when a lot of those other people just lived large on loans while partying and getting worthless degrees that contribute nothing to society. Almost as infuriating as watching millions of illegals get more money per person than active duty military members get.

Bb
28 1,189 more...
Re: About those "Organic" Campus Protests ..... Esteban325 29 minutes ago
shillbros, where you at? I am so sleepy, so sleepy
21 1,050 more...
IC B2
Re: Six tornadoes on the ground at once… Cecil56 46 minutes ago
https://twitter.com/AZ_Intel_/status/1784004189082837458?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1784005464956518853%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=
28 1,723 more...
Re: Noem's South Dakota Bragging Rights Burleyboy 1 hour ago
I understand some dogs need to be put down, like pit bulls. However being upset because a young bird dog went after birds and then nipped you in the excitement and then putting it down seems like something a wise politician would keep to herself. Not understanding that she has far more to lose for boasting about her ability to "make the hard call" and kill her young bird dog then she ever would to gain from such a story shows poor political judgment. Sounds a little like if she would have done more doing the hard work and less of making the hard call she could have had a whole different outcome.

Ive learned young bird dogs can be knotheads especially smart ones with drive if you don't work with them and teach them. I had to figure that out the last few years but as I've worked with mine and she's matured a bit she's become a great dog and keeps getting better at everything. It just takes more work than I realized when I first got her.

Bb
33 1,814 more...
Re: Dillon seems to have taken a nose dive in customer service MadMooner 1 hour ago
Dillon has always had great customer service. Seems like some odd correspondence there.

Good luck with your machine.
27 1,893 more...
Re: This is worth a bit of your time so the votes stop being stolen keith_dunlap 1 hour ago
I watched it
It wasn’t about 2020
3 568 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: 284Win ChrisF 1 hour ago
Jerry Tierney's experience at F-class and long range benchrest reinforced my lust for a 284. He found that when the winds kicked up, the 284 held better than the 6's and 6.5's.
7 416 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 99C Comment TBigBuck 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by RAS
Originally Posted by TBigBuck
I personally like the older 99 stuff, it's classic...but I'm not against owning some of the post-mil items...I actually have some beauties...recently acquired a nice, minty consecutive pair of 99C's series A... attached a pic of the barrel markings

Are these the guns that were on sale at Jaquas in Findlay, OH?

Why, yes they are...what were your thoughts on them, when you saw them? I was hoping for 2 consecutive 7mm-08's, when I first saw them up for sale smile
18 1,476 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Talley Lightweight's with arrow 01Foreman400 1 hour ago
Contact Talley.
7 365 more...
IC B3
Re: Any you folks experiencing severe weather, like Tornadoes ? Nebraska 1 hour ago
NW Omaha around Waterloo/Bennington got hit pretty hard. Horse farm near by was totally wiped out. Horses just huddled in the open field afterwards. Can't imagine what it would be like to loose everything in a blink like that.....
15 524 more...
Re: Biden Repeats Debunked Story About How He Was Arrested WAM 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
What he meant to say was “he should have been arrested while standing on the Whitehouse porch with the Magic Negro”.
Fixed it for you…
21 1,223 more...
Re: Lying Hiden Biden Says “He’s Gonna Debate Trump” 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂 local_dirt 2 hours ago
I agree. Would like to see just one of these debates on even ground without the dhimoRAT getting fed all the correct answers.
5 298 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS...RCBS .25-20 WCF FL die set...NEW PRICE Paul_J_Alker_Jr 2 hours ago
BTT
1 247 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Value of a S & W M/629 no dash 4" ? local_dirt 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Slavek
98% to 99% of these will be encountered in almost new condition. Buyer price is $1070.39. Cardbord boxes are next to worthless, but wooden boxes add value because they make wonderful jewelry boxes.

Cardboard boxes worthless?

Tell that to the guys selling them for $100-150 a piece on the S&W Forum and elsewhere.

The only value original shipping box provides certain information about the gun it contains. Boxes not original to the gun are just recyclable cardboard. People who pay for them are stupid. How you say? There is a seat for ....
One should always ask about box for gun. Shops often have some on hand and just by asking buyer can get nice one like those provided with Glock pistols. I am talking about newer ones not cheap ones provided with Gen 1 and Gen 2 pistols.

You don't have a clue. And how would you, living in a communist country. Not even in the USA.
14 803 more...
Muzzleloaders Jump to new posts
Which .54 full bore lead conical MallardAddict 2 hours ago
Recently bought a .54 cal knight mk85 for dirt cheap and plan to hopefully use it in Oregon this year which requires full bore lead bullets with no plastic attached. If my encore was Oregon legal then I would just use the 385gr Great Plains and call it a day.

I know nothing about .54 conical except they seem rare. So for those with some experience in this realm what is your preferred .54 conical.
0 32 more...
Muzzleloaders Jump to new posts
Re: 1x Muzzleloader Optic MallardAddict 2 hours ago
Got a Burris 1x going on my knight .54 and an aimpoint 9000 red dot on my encore .50
5 470 more...
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only Jump to new posts
Re: The great 458 Winchester. Everyone should own one at least once Riflecrank 2 hours ago
Sir Spruce,

Working so hard nailing boards on the homestead that you don't have the scope nailed down yet ?
I can understand, I live in a ranch, so I am a rancher, all hat and no cattle, but chores are still rough
on an Old Lady Ranch, even running only two head, Wife and Mother.

This scope selection thing is another one of those deja vu all over again things.
I have been through 127 scopes of 23 different makes/brands but cannot answer specifics except from my small experience.
The scope world is vast.

M-8 and gloss black seem to be gone from Leupold, out of style, sadly,
Progress ? Obesity is epidemic among scopes.

I would trust no illuminated reticle other than the Trijicon tritium.
Glass versus etched reticle: Always have the backup scope along, both scopes in QD mounts for switcheroo.

Adequate eye relief is important: Learn to live with some tunnel vision and shoulder the rifle properly for Weatherby eyebrow prevention.

Light weight: Increases survival of mounts, hence scope survival, mitigates toward 1" tubes.

Smaller ocular bell allows lower mounting with bolt handle clearance to allow basic function.

Smaller objective lens also allows lower mounting and less recoil stress on the biggest piece of glass
wanting to extrude the O-ring/rubber gasket in front of it.

If you like the Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24mm then go for it, and get two of them.
I have two of them, always good to have a backup for a .458 WinMag.
Any can fail, knock wood.

Of about 40 Leupolds and 20 Nikons, both had same failure rates for me, 5%, 2 Leupolds, 1 Nikon.
"It happens" as Forest Gump coined the phrase.

Never had "It" happen to any of these:
Leupold 2.5x20mm. My first was as an M-8, gloss black, now an FX-II "Ultralight" matte black on the seventh of those I bought.
Leupold 1.5-5x20mm. My first two were VX-III gloss black, third was matte black but still a VX-III.
Leupold 2.5-8x36mm VX-III gloss and matte black seven of those too, and last time I looked I could not find one to order.
I trust those on .458 WinMags.

Leupold has moved deeply into obesity, high prices, and model names that read like LGBTQ+ alphabet soup.

But I do like the FX-Freedom line, best substitute for the defunct Nikon shotgun and muzzle loader scopes.
The Leupold FX-Freedom 3-9x40mm "Muzzle Loader" scope with "Ultimate Slam" reticle, has 4.7" ER on 3X.
The Leupold FX-Freedom 1.5-4x20mm with "MOA-Ring" reticle is very nice on a .458 WinMag.
I have two of those ready to go as backup for each other.

I have one scope with 50mm objective and 34mm tube that weighs about 2.5 pounds without rings. Rat rifle scope.
And there are scopes even more morbidly obese than that out there in the vastness, but none I need.
4,008 789,995 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTS - 7mm bullets Paul_J_Alker_Jr 2 hours ago
I'll take:

1...Hornady
154gr sp $25/100

1...Nosler
140gr partition $40/50
3 519 more...
Humor, Jokes, and Riddles Jump to new posts
Re: Word Association Thread olblue 2 hours ago
Inspector
15,859 12,998,480 more...
Re: Will the Jewish Temple be rebuilt one day…? Swamplord 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by DBT
What does Astana mean in Kazakh?

the capital city

On 6 May 1998 it was renamed Astana, which means "the capital city" in Kazakh.

keep Wiki telling yourself that

Another poor excuse. The language and name, has nothing to do with satan, Wiki or me.

Interesting to note that you're hot to trot to defend Satanists ...... And the first in line to bash Christians

Though you were a gAytheist ?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
62 2,977 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Any love for the 30/06 Marshal_Dillon 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Who was it who said "There's nothing you can't fix with $700 and a .30-06."

I was told that it was Col. Jeff Cooper that said:

“There ain’t many problems that a man can’t fix, with $700 and a .30-06!”
185 23,429 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Pressure CX v LRX v TTSX RinB 2 hours ago
comerade

I used the 110 TTSX on two plains game hunts maybe 10-12 years ago. Mine were leaving the muzzle at around 3250-3300. They worked about as well as the 130 TTSX at 3080-3100. I didn’t observe any difference on game.

I standardized the 130 because at longer distances the velocity difference is insignificant.

I have had same results with the 129LRX. The recovered LRX’s look different but results are the same.

I tried the 150ptns and prefer either of the Barnes. I have a good supply if you are interested.
30 3,289 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Mcarbo Spring Model 70 7mm_Loco 2 hours ago
no experience with that style of trigger, so i might be talking out my ass?... But, you might be able to shim it, or try carefully stretching the spring to increase it's length a little bit until you get to where you want to be...
1 163 more...
Re: Help with my Labrador Jim_Conrad 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
12-15 is what ours have lived. Some went peacefully in their sleep. Some had to be put down. Our vet comes to the house and does it on our kitchen floor. Might sound odd, but they've all gone in my lap as I cry like a baby. My current lab is 6. When she is gone I'll probably have one more.

Thats how to do it if you have time.
26 1,269 more...
Page 1 of 207 1 2 3 206 207
AX24

77 members (16penny, 41rem, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 12 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,103
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.