24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: This isn't a Democracy. . . Scott_Thornley 1 minute ago
All constitutional republics are democracies.

Not all democracies are constitutional republics.

It's a set/subset thing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/democracy
22 1,308 more...
Re: Costner filming....how generous...... Kodiakisland 2 minutes ago
The cool thing about America is you get to choose where you work. If you don't like the job or the pay, take it up with the person who took the job in the first place.
You might be shocked to find out some people volunteer at places to work for free.
37 2,459 more...
Re: China Drafts Law to Require Military Training for Elementary School Children 673 3 minutes ago
I bet the little fuggers would be hard to hit.
1 68 more...
IC B2
Re: MAGA Girls - Some with Guns !! Nestucca 12 minutes ago
Very nice guns.
14 1,120 more...
Re: Guns you had and wish you would have kept Alan_C 12 minutes ago
I sold a few through the years like a Sako 270 deluxe which I replaced lately with a std grade. The only one I cannot replace is my first 22. I sold it to my brother when we were young. He thinks my dad bought it for him. It was a Marlin Glenfield single shot that you had to cock. It was accurate enough with 22 shorts. Had a Ruger 77 tang in 22-250 pencil barrel that was a tack driver. Needed the money at that time. I still enjoy buying a gun! I’m more into customizing guns now as my machining and stock making skills are good now. Life goes on!
17 412 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: ...we missed the party johno 15 minutes ago
Well it sure beats the alternative Rick but doing ok at this time

Johno
29 2,356 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Fanny packs K1500 18 minutes ago
Originally Posted by hardway
Alright, call me gay but I bought one of these. Pretty damn nice for summertime carry (gym shorts and t shirt) of a G19. After trying all kinds of dumb chit over the years for this specific style of carry I think it’s a keeper.

The back compartment has a hook n loop type material with an elastic type strap to hold gun in place but it’s not needed with a g19 and the regular size bag. Pretty lightweight but feels very secure and also allows a separate competition for an extra mag and some nicnacks.

With the big zipper pull tabs and making sure you orient them on the correct side you can get a pretty reasonable draw. I’m happy.

What size did you get and how much room is left (for say a G17 or G20)?
18 1,777 more...
Re: $66 billon spent on illegal aliens.... jaguartx 18 minutes ago
Hey Houstless an Gayghost an Suckermore, didn't your Dimocommie Crew say $15 Billion was too much for a worthless, ineffective wall that would do no good in stopping illegal immigrants, Bioweapons, suitcase nukes, Chinese, Moslem mercenaries, MS13, Fentanyl, child trafficking, foreign invasion, treason.....

Oh, that's right Houston_2, I Plumdumb forgot, Trump is a puzzy grabber and a liar.

Hey Houston_2, I'm thinking you're a liar too. You're a treasonous lyin Dimocommie, pedophile, dragqueen loving POS.

Ditto for you Sickermore and Calledumb and Gayghost.
9 373 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: 24 inches to 18 inches 375 H&H WYcoyote 22 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Bugger
I’m concerned about going to somewhere where the authorities say the brass and the barrel have the same cartridge destination.

Shaw did a re-barrel for me and stamped it with the chambering designation.

If that is what you meant, maybe I don't understand your statement.
36 4,050 more...
Re: Ever partake of a Chick O Stick?? NVhntr 31 minutes ago
Like Black Jack gum?
29 1,327 more...
IC B3
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: 35 Whelen powder choice TRexF16 38 minutes ago
Originally Posted by jwp475
Power Pro Varmint is excellent with this bullet high velocity with excellent accuracy in my experience
Mine too. Its only downside is that it's not as temp resistant as some might prefer, but PP Varmint will give an easy 2950 FPS with the 200 TTSX in my 23" barrel.
Excellent accuracy too. Found no data for 200 grains with PP Varmint, so I interpolated between Speer's 180 grain and 220 grain data and it ended up being right on. Interpolation suggests 3000 FPS might be achievable, but I stopped at 2950'.
5 321 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Garage floors and melting snow/ice kk alaska 41 minutes ago
Rental house next door is a mess now with garage floor drain connected to the sewer system, clean out pipe frost jacked renters kept using toilets and water, filled sewer line with debris, cant snake or jet sewer line and basement is flooded. If your garage drain is connected to sewer system have a way of plugging it in a emergency.

Nothing like being the lowest house in the neighbor hood when a sewer main line backs up!

I dont want a fire hydrant next to my house in Northern climates if it frost jacks and breaks the water has no place to go in the frozen ground and often travels back up the house service line, most main line valves are frost jacked and very difficult to shut off in the winter.
14 1,440 more...
Re: Best chickens, egg layers Scott_Thornley 43 minutes ago
Originally Posted by waterrat
We've had chickens 35 years and have tried about every breed out there. We like about a dozen with RI Reds,,Barred Rocks and easter egg mix. My favorite eggs are Kaki Cambell duck eggs but winter and water throws a monkeys wrench in the whole works/ Ducks in the front room frozen in the water bowl is fairly commen sight here when in the duck mode!

My little Khaki Campbell hen is a laying machine. With our California mild winter (relatively, we still get snow) she was producing 5-6 eggs a week the entire winter. Now it's the odd day she hasn't laid.

I now have 4 more Golden 300 Layers month old ducklings , from Metzer, and am hoping those hens will do as well.

Was just talking to Art today about raising various poultry in AK. Good to know that at least the Khaki Campbells can survive the winter up there. He also told me about your bear-riding dog. Good boy smile
35 1,480 more...
Re: Ford 150 Lariat vs Chevy z71 silverado walt501 44 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Dons99
Don't know how relevant a 2014 is in your thought process but my F-150 4wd eco-boost is the best riding truck OR car I've ever owned. I was a little leary about the motor but it has proven itself towing a 30' 8000 lb trailer over the Sierras and the Grapevine numerous times. Only complaint I have is that the ac is marginal on 100 deg days which there are a lot in Calif.

You can insulate all of the AC lines under the hood. Once complete, I guarantee your AC will freeze you right out of the truck. A weekend afternoon is all it takes.
13 529 more...
Re: Saturated fat dangers. jaguartx 47 minutes ago
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Canola oil here

37 1,661 more...
Re: Tucker Carlson interviews Tara Reade in Moscow... SupFoo 48 minutes ago
1 93 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: MT 2024 MSG results Kodiakisland 51 minutes ago
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Well, another year of nothing for me. Who drew?
Maybe the super tags...

Beings how I'm such a nice guy, I figure I deserved the ram tag I drew today. Only took 42 years, but finally.

My Dad also drew his 3rd Montana moose permit since 1998 in Montana as well.

So, fair to middlin' in the Montana draw.

Cool. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
3 172 more...
Re: Republicans need to drop the Gun fight jaguartx 51 minutes ago
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I saw too many "from my cold dead hands" break to the jab to believe there'll be any kind of unified stand to a confiscation.

We're fûcked

Blowhards online are just that. But it's a peek into their psyche when they defend masking, jabs, and killing unborn children.

I will submit to the membership, there are legit gun advocates who care not a whit about unborn children, one should be careful in how they view the populace and how it breaks down into voting blocks. Just because a guy supports A doesn't mean he supports B.

Just be honest about it. Don't say you are pro-life, then walk it back and say candidates shouldn't talk about it, or that it's negotiable. You either believe in killing the unborn or you don't. You either believe in limiting gun ownership or you don't.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Don't be a pussy.

The thing is, 'believing' in something, doesn't pass legislation. The 2A being enshrined in the Bill of Rights is a lot different than the abortion issue.

The abortion issue will only change by passing laws. Passing laws requires control of the legislative and executive branches, and having conservative judges in the courts also requires control of the executive and the senate confirmation.

If you believe in the rule of law, then we all know what is required.

There have been other methods tried like bombing clinics and killing doctors. That's hasn't and will not change anything. There is no popular support for that stuff.

Being mad, self-righteous, and calling people names isn't going to change a damn thing.

I don't believe in abortion, but I'm also not trying to be a crusader for the cause. There is a lot of $hit in this world I cannot control, and that is one of them.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Some things are negotiable, some aren't. Abortion has touched my life, and I feel strongly about it. I'm sorry if I come off as self righteous, I am not. I made a thread about the jab way back and how my employer was mandating it and my struggle to decide what was best for me and mine and what was the "right" thing to do. In this thread I intentionally wove together several issues into one to make my point. If you believe in something then it matters. If you kinda feel strongly about something, then it matters a little less I guess.

Just look at the posts in re the few folks in congress that fight the good fight, at least what the majority here say they believe in. They are parodied, and mocked ad nauseam.

That the abortion topic would be squishy on here is a given. But I have read so many times how people stake out a position, but then walk it back to get the less bad version of the current politician in place. We've done that for so many years now I don't know that we can come back.

You're just a liar.

Post a quote of your's in 2016 against Pro Abortion/Anti Gun Montana Senator Jon Tester.

You can't because you are just virtue signaling now.

Post a single quote now against Pro Abortion/Anti Gun Montana Senator Jon Tester.

You have litterally the worst Senator in the USA, who gave the Democrats the Senate, and you have never spoken out about his Pro Abortion stance or his Anti Gun stance.

Hahaha, TFF.

Where are those pics of the Ukes and Zelensky in Red Square
60 2,183 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Dukes. NVhntr 53 minutes ago
MW rocks, mayo = tasteless goo.
16 672 more...
Re: Fugg it. Kenlguy 1 hour ago
Makes good mouse bait. Other than that, I got no use for any of it.
12 338 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: opinion Savage B 22 (22 magnum ) verns 1 hour ago
I thank you Goomba .I have not bought it yet .
2 225 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: Dakota model 10 SDH 1 hour ago
Thanks guys. Retired now, I loved creating cool hunting rifles.
SDH
32 5,586 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Tonight's Supper/Dinner was/is ? rcamuglia 1 hour ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
15,730 2,697,487 more...
Re: And Now: Boomer News- Frankie Valli fambly drama 7mm_Loco 1 hour ago
bought to stardom by Joe Pesci's Mob connections... Sherry, Sherry baby...
21 909 more...
Remington Fans Jump to new posts
Re: Just Missed This One, Thoughts RAS 1 hour ago
It might be awhile before you see another. If you aren’t in love with the 35 Rem, go for one in 308, 270 or 06. Just as much fun and easier to feed.
1 252 more...
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
AX24

147 members (1_deuce, 2500HD, 5sdad, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 26 invisible), 1,893 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,976
Posts18,499,489
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.