24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold VX-3 2.5-8 Boone & Crockett 2500HD 10 seconds ago
Reduced to $525.00 shipped in lower &48 includes both Alumina caps.
7 863 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: China Drafts Law to Require Military Training for Elementary School Children SupFoo 1 minute ago
Originally Posted by 673
I bet the little fuggers would be hard to hit.

shrapnel would be good at it. He road hunts gophers. Shoots 'em outa the window of his truck as they scamper across a pasture.
7 289 more...
Re: Fugg it. Osky 1 minute ago
Jif, creamy, low fat. Not as greasy, works for me.

Osky
20 902 more...
IC B2
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Headspace question gdc2 2 minutes ago
Thank you all for the responses, the gunsmith that did the work is sending me a set of headspace gauges to confirm if headspace is correct. He feels it is possibly off .0003 due to the barrell not being rotated but should be fine.
17 1,923 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Fanny packs Slavek 3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by K1500
Originally Posted by hardway
Alright, call me gay but I bought one of these. Pretty damn nice for summertime carry (gym shorts and t shirt) of a G19. After trying all kinds of dumb chit over the years for this specific style of carry I think it’s a keeper.

The back compartment has a hook n loop type material with an elastic type strap to hold gun in place but it’s not needed with a g19 and the regular size bag. Pretty lightweight but feels very secure and also allows a separate competition for an extra mag and some nicnacks.

With the big zipper pull tabs and making sure you orient them on the correct side you can get a pretty reasonable draw. I’m happy.

What size did you get and how much room is left (for say a G17 or G20)?

Those are guns for people who nobody likes or have jobs which make them unpopular. Most will carry G42/G43, bubcompact SiG, j-frame,.... carrying large handguns for regular Joes or Janes makes no sense. Almost like carrying small anchor whole not boating.
Bigger guns make sense for wilderness carry, but then OWB holsters are usually used.
20 1,898 more...
Without Comment shaman 3 minutes ago
0 39 more...
Re: Ford 150 Lariat vs Chevy z71 silverado wabigoon 4 minutes ago
The more air pressure in tires, the rougher the ride,
14 667 more...
Varmint Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Sierra 75 gn #1600 .257 dia TwoCup 5 minutes ago
Due to a lack of bullets designed for my Savage M23 in 25-20 WIN, I shoot these single loaded. Very accurate!
6 625 more...
Re: Springfield Armory 6x40 Government 7.62mm scope troutslayer 7 minutes ago
TTT
1 126 more...
Re: Tucker Carlson with News from Moscow!!! SupFoo 7 minutes ago
Sexually Assault a woman, then claim she is a Russian Agent as your defense. Clever. Harvey Weinstein couldn't even come up with that one.
2 337 more...
IC B3
Re: Best of Nat Geo Mr_TooDogs 7 minutes ago
Nice find, thanks for posting.
2 233 more...
Re: S&W Heavy Duty 38 Special The4570Kid 8 minutes ago
$850 plus shipping
2 379 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Amazon and Burris Fullfield 2 Offshoreman 9 minutes ago
When looking just remember Burris MPN for the 3-9 Ballistic Plex is 200162
26 1,739 more...
Johnny Appleseeds? slumlord 9 minutes ago
Ever heard of him? They say he washed his face in a frying pan but fed the nation.

Yes? No?
0 44 more...
Re: Spring Work Thread wabigoon 12 minutes ago
One of my Wife's roses.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
89 4,423 more...
Re: Now is a good time to shop for a KLR 650 MtnBoomer 13 minutes ago
Long winded...

Well, the adventure luggage appears to have little mounting structure, just connected at the top. In person it looked wayyy too easy to break upon impact. Great review video from downunder pointed to this as well. Hmmmm. That factory "fitting kit" looks like a bargain. Maybe they're enough to keep soft bags in place? I was tempted to fab up something but the Tusk pannier rack looked so easy and is wayy more versatile than what "soft bag supports" I'd have made of square tubing. I don't currently see a need for hard panniers. I'm ghetto enough rocking some big Nelson Riggs bags with trimmed down plastic trash cans inside for structure! Might go Harbor Freight for a tail case or just a WP duffle.

I gotta add front/engine guards. Those shrouds radiators etc look wayy too expensive! I'm leaning Dirt Tracks on those which ought serve well for auxiliary light mount as well. Maybe a dual beam 6-8 inch 20-40W bar? I really haven't checked OEM parts. First trip will be without the protection or auxiliary lights.

Ghetto too is my power outlet strategy. Minimally, I'm wired for a Battery Tender with the SAE connector hanging out the left side. I'll use another connector there and run an on-hand wired 12V socket. Just gotta swap sides with the + and - somewhere to get the SAE lined up correctly. This strategy has worked fine previously on other bikes. Might install proper outlets later. Also have a double USB A outlet ($12) that might get zip tied up there in the cockpit. No cutting or drilling yet... Also rigging up a small light source to illuminate the tank bag area for less fumbling around. That's TBD.

Let the good time roll!

100 10,424 more...
Re: Sears model 52 (Winchester M70) in 6.5x55 Robtattoo 15 minutes ago
Bump please
32 3,491 more...
Re: This isn't a Democracy. . . poboy 18 minutes ago
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America

and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation under GOD

indivisible, with LIBERTY and Justice for all,
25 1,533 more...
Hunting Dogs Jump to new posts
Re: Another pigeon shoot day for the Airedale michiganroadkill 20 minutes ago
I am confident she will do absolutely great.
I had a male that could do it all, except point. You sometimes had to play his game.
Great family dogs as well.
6 571 more...
Re: Republicans need to drop the Gun fight Orion2000 20 minutes ago
Originally Posted by rainshot
It’s apparent the only solution is to abort the gun grabbers.

Post birth abortion ?
61 2,485 more...
Re: Lookin for Horn 8mml 150 gr SPs michiganroadkill 22 minutes ago
No one have any extras????
1 83 more...
Re: Barron Trump chosen to serve as Florida delegate at Republican National Convention SupFoo 23 minutes ago
Originally Posted by steve4102
This should send the Media and the Establishment into a tizzy.

DYNASTY!!

CONSTITUTIONAL CRISIS!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
5 328 more...
Re: Guns you had and wish you would have kept shrapnel 23 minutes ago
I’ve owned quite a few and wished I still a Westley Richards Damascus 10 gauge hammer gun. It was one of those I sold to buy something else, but should have kept…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
34 1,239 more...
Re: China Drafts Law to Require Military Training for Elementary School Children Orion2000 24 minutes ago
Originally Posted by las
"Bring ye the little children unto me"

It's been working for at least 2,000 years. Indoctrination at an early age works. Critical thinking not required. Discouraged in fact.

"As the branch is bent, so grows the tree". Not sure who said that.

And there is a chiytpot full of Chinee!

it's why all military service likes 18 year olds (or younger) as well- ergo Hitler Youth.... The Chinee are jumping!

"I was just following orders"...

WTF does a child (anyone under 25 or so) know? Speaking of personal experience getting out into the real world...

When I worked at Procter and Gamble, they recruited exclusively fresh college graduates for their executive ranks because they wanted 100% conformity on what their new hires were taught. Did not want to have to "unlearn" any non-P&G ideas or habits from prior employers.
7 289 more...
Re: Vintage Weaver for sale GregK 27 minutes ago
Steel tube scope, one time price reduction $75 shipped
4 504 more...
Page 1 of 2,636 1 2 3 2635 2636
AX24

364 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1badf350, 31 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,981
Posts18,499,644
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.