Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
And you were wrong but moved to Wyoming where our elk herds are healthy and thriving.

Like I have said many times your politics need fixing.

Not true and I'm not going 15 rounds on it, already have.

I'm not forced to guess one what happened, but MT and ID needed to ditch Wyoming and that's exactly what they did with S-T rider.

Another reason that I support Tester, he got wolves delisted in MT and ID. Which made it easier a few years later for Wyoming to keep their trophy/predator zone plan.

If you followed it, you know I'm right and I'm not going to argue about it. The history is what it is.

I more than followed it and you know I will bring receipts. From 2010 while you still lived in Montana.

Just saw your second question, I dont think the pro-wolfers are going to have a legal leg to stand on. MT and ID did NO harm to the wolf populations with their management and hunting seasons. That didnt and wont go unnoticed by the courts. Molloy already threw out their first run at stopping the hunt, as the MT and ID plans were accepted. I dont see that changing in regards to MT and ID. The trouble will come if Wyoming fails to get a plan together. There is still shakey ground there as the EIS is very clear that all 3 states have to have accepted plans. Molloy has warned of the issue regarding Wyomings lack of a plan.

We'll see how MT and ID respond when the reason they lose management and control is because of Wyoming.

I believe that MT and ID should continue to have control and Wyoming should get to twist in the wind and wolves should maintain full protection under the ESA there, until they put together an acceptable plan. No reason to punish MT and ID for Wyomings bullheadedness.

I was right then, and I'm right now...thank you for reaffirming the trip down memory lane.

That's exactly what happened, how many people didn't agree with Wyoming's plan didn't matter. MT and ID had to leave WY in the dust or their accepted plans would have been:

1. Delayed for more years.
2. Threatened both states having to relist.

That's exactly what Simpson and Tester did...they broke from Wyoming and pushed a rider to delist in those 2 states. If you recall, Lummis tried to piggy back last minute on the rider but was denied (rightfully so).

Further, Montana and Idaho suffered with wolves way longer than they should have thanks to WY's plan not being acceptable.

What Wyoming could have, and IMO, should have done is classified them as trophy game statewide and then just issued unlimited tags and seasons in 2/3 of the state which is the predator zone.

Its OK if you disagree, but those are the facts of what happened and why.

Montana suffered from wolves because of Malloy.... a liberal justice...

You're off the road, across the ditch, and out in the rhubarb...