Hi all.

I'm relatively new to the 'Fire, but I see a lot of good things here. Mostly folks that enjoy the outdoors.

This thread is to highlight an attack that is coming in Colorado. The following link is to an Outdoor Life article that references a fight in Oregon, I'll leave that to the folks from Oregon. This one is a ban on hunting and trapping of mountain lions, bobcats, and lynx. The article and video explain it very well.

Outdoor Life Article

Outdoor Life-YouTube

The fight in Colorado is a pending ballot initiative. We don't have a great record on ballot initiatives. We lost spring bear hunting, most of our recreational trapping by eliminating specific devices (body gripping traps, foothold traps, snares), and our state wildlife agency (Colorado Parks and Wildlife) was mandated after the election in 2020 to introduce wolves into the state. All of these were decisions made at the ballot box that impacted sportsmen and women and didn't take into account legitimate hunting/trapping recreation or sound wildlife management.

Lastly, here is a link to the sportsman group that is spearheading the fight. Unfortunately in the past individual sportsmen have not banded together. It's easy to say: "I'm not a bear hunter.", or "I'm not a trapper.", or "They're only going to put wolves on the western slope, so it won't impact me." It's a death by a thousand cuts, and the animals rights folks and anti-hunters are whittling away at things we hold dear. It's also pretty easy to say: "That's Colorado, or Oregon, they would never do that in Idaho, or Wyoming."

Coloradans for Responsible Wildlife Management

This group has their work cut out for them and can use all the help they can get. I'm not getting anything out of this other than getting the word out and trying to rally the troops.

LHS