I am poking around progressive presses, mainly for .45 ACP and 9mm, but other calibers in lesser quantities as well.

I started at the Dillon 750, then perused the 1100, did a little reading, and still trying to sort it all.

Looks like a D1100 set up for those two calibers would run $2750-ish (shocked) before KA tax and shipping. We’re talking the basic equipment to run the casefeeder and the press. No fluff.

The Dillon site is tricky, but I think if I try to set up a D750 in an apples-to-apples build with two calibers and a casefeeder, it runs about half what the 1100 does ... $1400-ish before KA tax and shipping.

For those of you with experience with these presses, other than swaging, what else does the D1100 do that the D750 will not.

I see the price of the Mark 7 Apex 10 has been dropped to $2500. 10 stations. Seen them operate automated, and they are something. Starting to wonder if the D1100 gets lost in the middle. D750 - a fine press that probably does all you need. Apex 10 has some quantifiable plusses (not the least of which is that Mark 7 was purchased by Lyman) if you’re going to drop double for the top-end.

Welcome all thoughts and input, although I confess, I may be leaning one way already ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine