It may be a long read and I'm either hoping you will enable me or talk me off the ledge..

I sold my 870 Tactical ghost ring shotgun that was my turkey back up and my bedroom closet gun. My nephew really liked it so I sold it to him for closet duty. Now my little browning BPS upland 22 inch barrel 20 gauge is the new closet gun.

I have 5 other turkey guns (12 & 20 Auto, 3 single shots) but not a short 20 gauge pump or auto repeater for turkey blind duty.

So the dilema is... I'm contemplating putting a holosun Shake awake red dot meadow creek mount on the BPS for night shooting and turkey. It takes my BPS out of grouse hunting backup duty.

Do I stop the madness on the BPS and just get the little rem 870 filedmaster compact 20 and make that into my turkey gun and not mess with it... And put the holosun red dot and make that my new closet gun?

Or just stop the madness and don't add any more turkey guns and leave the browning BPS alone?

(but a securuty shotgun with shake awake red dot would be cool...)

Is you bedroom closet gun a dedicated 12 gauge cylinder bore or one of your turkey guns?

Last edited by humdinger; 03/29/24.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?