Picked up an NOE 434-319gr mold a few months back. Cast from my decades old pile of WW they came out at 316gr ready to load after PC. BHN 13.5. Sized in a Lee .430 push thru sizer. Testing was done in a Ruger SBH 5 1/2 Bbl. with a .429 slugged bore. Using a modest load of Unique, my chrono read 1035 fps. Accuracy at 25yds was quite good, able to hit small targets regularly , from a solid rest. Recoil was surprisingly reasonable, with out the wrist torquing of traditional full hose 44 loads. Not trying to say that this " THE" load for the 44 mag. Just giving it as an example of " another " load available for 44 shooters. This appears to me to be a very manageable load, with authority. At this velocity the plain base bullet works well for me. My 44 molds run from 200gr & on up to this 316gr. I realize there are heavier bullets available for the 44, but this is the heaviest I have experimented with. As another note. The load of Unique powder I used in this load will give about 936 loads to a pound of Unique. With the ever rising cost of powder , I believe this delivers a powerful load at a modest cost. IMHO... Hope this may be of some interest to you.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Hesp; 03/30/24.