I don't know if you guys are interested in shooting this one. Didn't get much participation on the St. Patrick's day challenge here. I like shooting these though. The weather is getting better too, so there's no excuse not to go to the range!!

As I'm proving with these shoots, you don't have to be shooting a $4,000.00 set up. My rifle cost me $474.00 total, after selling the factory parts off. This is the rifle I usually reach for, when the chips are down.

I'll start it off for you guys. Be sure to get out and shoot this one. One warning though, print off the new targets!!! They are bigger, like the one in this video. The first targets Eli sent me were smaller. I'm still not exactly sure about how to add up the score on this one, so I'll just let Eli handle that!!!!

Rifle specs: 1990's Ruger 10/22 with 20" stainless Kidd barrel, Volquartsen trigger parts (fine tuned to 2 1/4 pounds), Magpul X22 stock, bolt worked over and headspaced by me, glass bedded by me. The rifle shoots well, with just about any kind of ammo Scope is a Burris AR7.62 4.5-14x42 with C4 windplex reticle:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Target stapled up to the backer board at the 50 yard rimfire range:

Target after trying to score it. Just sent it to Eli, so maybe he will update my score?

This may not be much of a challenge for some of you guys. Get out there and give it a try. I'll be reshooting it, after I get some ink for my printer. Then I can also print some of the new/bigger targets up.

Here's the link for Day at the range if you are interested in participating:

Day at the range Easter challenge

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA