I'm looking to replace my 06 Duramax that I bought so my daughter could use to be county fair royalty and gymkhana. It came out of BC Canada and has a bit of cancer throughout that is really starting to show. It's been mechanically sound, and I've kept it for seven years now.

It needs a bed, new rockers, front fenders, and it has the paint peeling like a lot of Chevys from around that time. I've never been upset about it I knew what I was getting, I only paid $18K cash for it with 120K and it always got the job done. I just figure a new flat bed, body, and paint work isn't worth the money to keep the pickup. I've also looked for blown motor or tranny pickup of the same year to swap that came from a much drier area. They're out there, but still more money than I care to spend on this.

I work with a guy who purchased a 2024 F350 Lariat 6.7L and wants to sell his old pickup. It's a 1987 F350 Lariat that was originally a 7.3L. The engine was professionally swapped out to a 1994 5.9L 12v Cummins around 90K miles and currently has 150K on the odometer on this pickup. The pickup is really clean on the inside, and very few blemishes in the body. He said he averages 20 MPG when not pulling a trailer.

He bought it from the diesel shop that did the swap, and used it to pull their drag and pull trucks to events. He's put around 30K on the odometer since he's had it, said if it had more room he'd have kept it (he's 6'7").

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

He's asking $28K, which he'll more than likely get. I definitely like it as it has way more power than my diesel pickups at the wheels. I just hate going back in years on the model. Though that era of Ford is one I really like.