Originally Posted by Aagaardsporter
Well, this may be a case of getting too soon old and too late smart. I expect JES has completed the job by now. The TCR barrel and monobloc arrangement are not suited to setting the barrel back. The barrel is press fit into the monobloc and then pinned. I'm not aware of any currently operating gunsmiths who are willing to pull or install a barrel in the TCR monobloc.

Bellm's post was dated September 2023. Wonder if Dinny's guns were factory chambered or if they are rechambered .357 magnums and if so, when and who did the work. Very interesting that SAAMI specifications are a flawed design for .357 mag and max. I can understand the need for a forcing cone in a revolver where cartridge alignment with the barrel isn't perfect, but what would the purpose be in a gun where the chamber and barrel are integral? Are SAAMI revolver and pistol/rifle chamber specifications the same? I'll have to try my hand at chamber casting when the TCR barrel is returned.

Also interesting that, according to Bellm, other straight wall pistol cartridges have the same SAAMI chamber design issues. I have a TC Encore .460 S&W barrel that shoots longer 300 gr bullets better than shorter stuff. Might have to do a chamber cast on that too.

Am I mis-reading or are you confusing "forcing cone" with "throat"?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty