Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by JMR40
There was no reason to wait years. We have proven vaccines for a lot of illnesses. Many of those illnesses are very similar. Covid initially was just a much more deadly strain of the Flu. It didn't take much to tweak existing Flu vaccines to match Covid. Taking the vaccine early was the right call. The disease was far worse than any side effects from the vaccine. The Covid virus has morphed in the last 4 years and is no longer nearly as deadly as it was initially. I don't regret at all taking the vaccine when I did, but I'm not sure it's necessary at this point. Covid isn't as bad now and the vaccine was developed for the strain of Covid that started nearly 5 years ago.

Concerns over the dangers of the vaccine are grossly overstated. If you introduce ANYTHING into your body it can kill you. We have athletes die every year in the south because they got overheated and drank too much water. The water dilutes the electrolytes in your blood and the heart will no longer beat. That is what killed my Father-in-Law 20 years ago.

There have been a handful of people who were allergic to the vaccine and didn't know it and those people had issues. No doubt some died. But far more people die every year in this country because they ate a peanut, honey, or sea food and didn't know they were allergic to it.
Saying youre a dumbass without saying youre a dumbass
Ain't that the truth. He said "It didn't take much to tweak existing Flu vaccines to match Covid". I don't know much about vaccines but he sure doesn't. The Covid vaccine used the mRNA technology that the old style vaccines didn't. The old vaccines put a weakened or inactive virus or bacteria into the system to stimulate antibodies. I have read about how the mRNA "vaccines'' work and how safe they are but I know too many people that came down with ugly heart issues, palsies, and other unexpected maladies (including death for 3) after being shot up. My brother's Democrat liberal wife insisted he get shot 3 times and now he has had all kinds of heart issues. First it was AFIB, then his heart got really slow one morning and I had to take him to a cardiac unit. The other night he came by and my RN wife checked his BP which was very low.

I'll take my chances without the wonder jab.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."