Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Don't play coy. You know as well as I do that the adjustments make head positioning less critical, but with consistent and correct sight picture you can eliminate the detrimental effects of parallax even without a mechanical adjustment.

Its not "playing coy". You aren't eliminating parallax, you're mitigating it. No matter how perfect your sight picture, it is still there. There is a reason rimfire specific scopes are made, and a reason every rimfire BR shooter uses an AO or SF.
Read what you quoted again. We can debate definitions and semantics all day, but the fact is that with a consistent and centered sight picture, any effects of parallax are eliminated. Mechanically adjusting the focal plane of the reticle simply makes it easier to eliminate those effects by eliminating parallax itself.

A part of the issue is some don't really understand the physics of how the scopes work.

First off, the parallax adjustment adjusts the image focus location not the reticle focus, as you mistakenly claim. Retical focus is adjusted at the ocular lens. While you might think I am being coy it is an important part of the discussion to actually understand how the scope works and why.

Without the ability to sharply focus the target image at the range being shot there will not only be parallax issues but also target image resolution issues that preclude real "testing" of the optic.

The fact you don't understand why LiL Fish's "tests" are fake bullshit is telling but not surprising. It could just be your confirmation bias is always fed by anything posted that is anti Leupold, no matter how fake and ridicules.

Maybe you just have never learned about how scopes work as aiming devices?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.