I am about fed up with the performance of PowerBelt bullets. 3 years ago, I lost a bear that I shot, two years ago it was an elk. Last year I put 5 shots into my elk, all of which were in the vitals. And this year a friend of mine lost an elk. Yesterday morning another buddy of mine hit a dandy 6x6 elk with his. The elk took off. We followed the blood trail for several hundred yards until it dropped off into a hole with aspens. The wind was not favorable so we backed out, not wanting to jump him. We surrounded the area for the evening hunt and he never came out. So this morning I am out glassing again and I see the same bull running around like crazy chasing cows and bugling his head off. No sign of being hit. I am 100% positive it is the same bull because of a funky brow tine.

All of these shots have taken place between 90 and 160 yards, and have had good shot placement with 300-348 grain bullets. Has anyone else had poor experience with PowerBelts? What are some better choice out there? I feel that I am limited to bullet selection because we aren't allowed to use sabots here in Colorado. I am thinking it is time to hang the smoke pole up for good for fear of inhumane kills. I just love being able to hunt the rut, and not necessarily using a bow!

Fair Chase Hunter
NRA Lifer