Thank you. I cannot humbly thank you enough in any other way, than to simply say it. From the depths of my heart - THANK YOU!

There are those who deserve mention here - John (Seafire) and Matt Yore (MYore). John suggested the project, back when I logged on here asking for information on the 35 Whelen. Matt Yore of Sawtooth Rifles did all of the gunsmithing work, including the barrel machining, fitting, stock fitting and even Cerakoting the barrel and action. And there are countless others who sent monetary donations, and even loading dies, bullets, right down to my chosen optic! To all of you - I cannot ever possibly thank you enough, except to say I will enthusiastically "pass it on", and I will do so perpetually.

I must digress here a bit - I logged on to this forum on the advice of a friend, based on his assertation that there are a lot of 35 Whelen afficionados here. I don't know where they are, save one or two. He must have been setting me up. All of the initial project movers kept trying to seduce me to another cartridge. wink No worries John and Matt - I know it was all in jest.

And there were a few other Whelen guys out there too, who also contributed a bit more quietly. And FWIW - those Barnes 225 gr. TSX bullets have given me the best group thus far - .7" at 100 yards, with loads developed only with an educated guess!

Now for the sad news - I just got home from a week+ camping trip. I did get to fire the New Whelen. (See mention above) I chose a bad time to contract Broncchitis, Asthma and an upper respiratoratory tract infection all at once though. I went to the ER this morning, after my wife drove us back from Tok to Wasilla almost entirely by herself, and towing a trailer for the first time. I just knew there was a reason I married her almost 17 years ago! cool

So I've never been much of a shutter bug, and I made a serious mistake in ensuring I had good batteries in my camera for the range session. I was already under the weather though, and spent most of my time helping Timothy sight in his new 7mm-08 for our black bear trip in a couple days (providing I'm well enough!)

I will say though, that there were a couple of genuine sub-MOA groups fired with my hand-loads from my new, very much cherrished .35 Whelen. The 225 gr. Barnes TSX went into a .75" 3-shot group, from a seated, "rested" position. (I shoot my groups using whatever I might have available in the hunting field.) The second sub-MOA group was from some 250 gr. Nosler Partitions, also hand-loads. I don't think you can get any more "minute of bear" than that!

The LOP with the Boyd's stock is perfect, and I love the personal touches on the scope. Even the weight of the rifle is perfect - It barely feels heavier than my Marlin 30-06. Matt Yore of Sawtooth Rifles gave it the addition that will make it an Heirloom rifle - Cerakoting to last a lifetime.

Here are a few pics from back home. I am feeling better after the hospital drugged me up, and can't think of any better way to spend my time. ;-)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."