Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by toad
this is the cop's AR. it was not shown to the jury...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And "You're [bleep]" seemed to have been his philosophy for dealing with those he's entrusted to serve and protect.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He went home at the end of the day. Nothing to see here.

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
He went home at the end of the day. Nothing to see here.

Yeah, that's the number one priority.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Squidge
The cops handled this poorly, there was no reason they couldn't have cuffed and searched him while he was laying on the floor with his hands on the back of his head.

And the totality of the situation should have clued them in that these weren't hardened bad-asses who'd draw on cops. No common sense, or just didn't want to apply common sense, because then they wouldn't have been justified in acting all bad-ass.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Harry M
That's a fair question and I really don't know the answer. The language on the AR could convict by itself and that would be wrong. The video is all that needs to be examined.

I would have to agree with this, the video is plenty of evidence, how he go off is beyond me.

From the video it appears this cop had very poor training and it cost this guy his life.

Not just poor training, but a murderous attitude toward the public. This isn't anyone who should even be walking around, let alone a cop.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I watched the video three times, but, the third time I couldn't make it to the gunshots. It was making me sick.
This cop is mentally ill. He is on some kind of sick power trip, making all these threats and commands to a guy who is laying on his face with his legs crossed.

That cop deserved 20 years in prison and I am appalled that he walked. Sickening.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Well, theres a couple of these deals that hang in my craw, but the guy didnt follow orders well at all.

The guy was scared chitless. Some cops pointing their rifles at you, telling you if you make a mistake in following their directions they are going to shoot you and kill you. The guy started crying he was so terrified. You really think someone that terrified is going to be thinking clearly?

Of course not. The test was designed for the arrestee to fail it and get shot.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
That was sickening. Here's a question maybe a LEO could answer. If the cop thought the guy might have a pistol in his shorts, why ask him to crawl down the hall?? Why not just walk up to the guy when he was face down on the carpet with his hands behind his head and handcuff him? That seems like the most foolproof way to take the guy into custody.

Why give him the chance to reach down and grab a pistol by asking him to crawl down the hall when he's immobilized face down on the carpet?

All the more opportunities to shoot him and claim justification. Your way would be too simple.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Who was giving the orders? Whoever was giving the orders set up the conditions for a shooting. Tell the man if he doesn't follow commands he will be shot, then give a highly scared, maximally stressed person a string of different commands. If the officer who shot gave the commands, that is at least manslaughter. If it was another officer, they should both share liability in a wrongful death suit, maybe manslaughter for the shooter.

This. But murder, not manslaughter.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[i][/i]
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I watched the video three times, but, the third time I couldn't make it to the gunshots. It was making me sick.
This cop is mentally ill. He is on some kind of sick power trip, making all these threats and commands to a guy who is laying on his face with his legs crossed.

That cop deserved 20 years in prison and I am appalled that he walked. Sickening.

Well, I think we all agree the victim should still be alive and that the ex-cop should be in prison, solely based on the video.

The State presented the case, the defense evidently presented a better case, and a jury of twelve of his "peers" acquitted him.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

It's up to the citizens of Mesa, AZ to correct this. All we can do is make sure our local LE agencies know that this type of behavior will not be tolerated and demand that standards be raised and upheld.

Plus make sure our lawmakers and neighbors understand the need for spending the money to make sure we have competent, well trained, properly vetted LEO's.

Just like with programming computers, G.I.G.O. is the rule of the day.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 12/11/17.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by skeen
This police officer's actions were absolutely sickening. He is a coward and doesn't have the mentality to be a police officer

Here's my litmus test; while in Iraq manning a checkpoint, where there was real bad guys trying to kill me, had I shot and killed an Iraqi civilian under the same circumstances, would I have faced a military court martial and been convicted? The answer is, yes.

Yeah, Iraqis get more protection from tyranny than US citizens.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by skeen
This police officer's actions were absolutely sickening. He is a coward and doesn't have the mentality to be a police officer

Here's my litmus test; while in Iraq manning a checkpoint, where there was real bad guys trying to kill me, had I shot and killed an Iraqi civilian under the same circumstances, would I have faced a military court martial and been convicted? The answer is, yes.

Yeah, Iraqis get more protection from tyranny than US citizens.
Originally Posted by szihn
That's the best evidence I have seen in a long time of a judge being bribed.

That was an outright murder and no one with 2 brain cells could call it anything else, unless they are also a criminal.

Give the man a cigar. Spot on! Only someone looking to provide cover for future criminal behavior could in any way defend this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Going beyond this, the thing that worries me is that this can happen to anybody.

Obviously, the deceased was doing something dumb, pointing a BB gun out the window, but it's not pay with your life dumb.

But how many guys on a hunting trip might bring their rifles into a motel room to keep them from getting stolen? When I traveled cross country I definitely did it. And after Las Vegas, how many people might phone 911 that they saw a guy carry a gun case or what looked like a gun case into a motel room?

The responding officer(s) only knows "man with a gun" or "suspected gun" so he/they arrive ready to kill at the drop of a hat. You're sitting in your motel room, you haven't done anything illegal that you know of, suddenly a banging knock on the door or just as likely a "dynamic entry" and the room is filled with adrenaline charged police screaming "GET DOWN! GET THE F*CK DOWN!". You might try to comply, you might be three drinks into "relaxing after a long drive", or you might be an old fart and it takes you a minute to "get down", or heaven forbid since it's 2017 you have your carry gun close at hand.

We can come up with any number of scenarios where you don't comply fast enough, or get confused by 1 to 6 guys screaming at you, or the officers who came ready to fight see one thing out of place that threatens them and boom, you're dead. For having done not one thing illegal.

With the caveat that there is a lot more that would go into this statement, and without getting all mitigating about good cops, I have to agree with curdog4570's basic statement - an officer's concern is for officer safety, as a citizen my concern is for Citizen Safety, and the best thing to do for that is assume any officer in uniform is ready, able and perfectly willing to kill you, and do everything you can to avoid them entirely.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What kind of Prosecutor fights to have the video suppressed? And doesn’t present the rifle with the inflammatory decal on it to the jury?

Just those two FACTS point to a rigged trial.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
...and do everything you can to avoid them entirely.

Not a bad idea. Don't do stupid scheit, don't break the laws (even traffic codes), and you reduce the odds exponentially of interacting with LE.

The case of being called on for toting a gun case into a hotel room is one that could happen, but my guess is, if you don't do anything else, the cops have absolutely no probable cause to even contact you, much less make entry.

Events like these are horrible, but are very rare given the number of cops, the number of calls, and the number of people with guns.

We can all live our lives in fear of being killed by a rogue cop, or we can go about our lives as responsible, mature adults.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
What is needed to stop these things from happening is for communities to stick together and administer some old fashioned hillbilly justice. Nab the fugger some night, burn him on a cross in his front yard and burn his house down. If cops knew there were severe consequences to be paid for such actions they would stop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its it’s not fear. It’s just recognizing that I’m allowed to protect myself from my fellow citizens, but if that Citizen is a cop,I’m at a severe disadvantage.

I have an inborn reluctance to taking human life...... he may not.

I have to worry about punishment for my actions..... he does not.

So, yeah, I’m a lot more concerned about interacting with cops than with the rest of the citizenry.

It is a prudent concern.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Blackheart
What is needed to stop these things from happening is for communities to stick together and administer some old fashioned hillbilly justice. Nab the fugger some night, burn him on a cross in his front yard and burn his house down. If cops knew there were severe consequences to be paid for such actions they would stop.

If folks would make their LE agencies stop hiring guys like this, we wouldn't need vigilante "justice".

The bigger problem with getting "justice" is the extinction of "justice, swift and sure".

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Its it’s not fear. It’s just recognizing that I’m allowed to protect myself from my fellow citizens, but if that Citizen is a cop,I’m at a severe disadvantage.
It is a prudent concern.

I know you well enough to know there are damned few things that you fear, Gene.

My reference is to those who are expecting to be killed by a cop at the slightest incident/contact and treat all LEO's as if they were rabid killers with no remorse, no humanity, and walk around looking for someone to kill.

That is not reality.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Blackheart

If folks would make their LE agencies stop hiring guys like this, we wouldn't need vigilante "justice".

The bigger problem with getting "justice" is the extinction of "justice, swift and sure".

Ed

How the hll do communities know who or what got hired until one of these murderous SOBs does what this scumbag did? Once hired, unions and civil service policies protect these guys' jobs, and DAs work hand-in-glove with LE, so they're sometimes a bit reluctant to burn an officer, even one like this killer. His type often show what they are before killing civilians. They have disproportionate complaints.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,937
Posts18,498,866
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.