Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 27 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 26 27
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have plans on adding a second bike within a year and so far have it down to either a Kawasaki Versys 300 or Honda CB500X. Hoping to find a low mileage used bike.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My least important criteria for a motorcycle is how it rides 2 up. Having another person on the back of a motorcycle is the worst.

I put a Mustang solo saddle on the Dyna shortly after I bought it to end any discussion on the matter.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
But in any event, I already had the 650 Burgman before I bought the Dyna and didn't realize that conventional motorcycles had been spoiled for me. I put a quarter fairing on it,..some 1" up, 2" back risers along with some Flanders flat tracker bars, the Mustang solo seat, and a little Motherwells fender rack. I loafed around on it here and there, but when I was ready to go somewhere, I'd ride the Burgman. To my eye, the Dyna was a nice looking bike the way I set it up and I enjoyed looking at it and listening to it. But by that phase of my motorcycling it had become about "riding",..and the Burgman was so far ahead of a conventional motorcycle in that regard that it was a no brainer to jump on the Burgman when I was going to accumulate some miles.

I sold the Dyna and bought a tractor. I've still got the Burgman.

A soldier just back from Iraq bought it. He was happy to get it.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Paddler
The DR650 was redesigned in 1996 and remains unchanged. Still carbureted, air/oil cooled, simple, bullet proof, better off road and lighter than the KLR. No perfect bike exists, but if you watch some videos, there are some cool ones about the "Bush Pig" out of Australia. It's an around the world type bike, but two up is a stretch. The KTM 1290 Adventure, or the 1090 version, or the BMW 1250 GS, or the African Twin, or the V Strom would be good. I have the DR650 and two 1998 BMW R1100R roadsters. They're great touring bikes, two up no problem. Not worth much these days, so a good, clean one will be less than $4K. I have my eyes on the new BMW R1250R, which should be available in the Fall. I'll probably order one in Spring. Personally, I don't like the idea of taking a 650# bike off road, so a guy needs at least two motorcycles.

I'm sure you attach one of those big suction cup d i l d o s to your seat before every trip.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Bristoe
My least important criteria for a motorcycle is how it rides 2 up. Having another person on the back of a motorcycle is the worst.

I put a Mustang solo saddle on the Dyna shortly after I bought it to end any discussion on the matter.

Its super handy when the passenger thinks they have to help you corner by "leaning".

So [bleep] handy.

Something clever here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Its super handy when the passenger thinks they have to help you corner by "leaning".

So [bleep] handy.

Or when their ass gets sore so they start switching between one cheek and the other. That situation was my very last experience riding 2 up.

I thought both of us was going to die that day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honda CB500X.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
ST1300. You won't have to worry about rebuilding it in a parking lot. Just changing oil and tires. Add fuel and proceed to put 100k miles on the clock. Once that's accomplished, do it again.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
It is difficult to label one bike as being perfect.

Big dresser for long hauls and cruising - I rode a Goldwing from Kentucky to Alaska solo - best ride of my life.
250-400 dual sport for short fun trips when you are riding solo up to 55 and might run a trail or two
Maybe a Versys 300 for in town riding
A 1 liter sport bike (or bigger) for those crazy times when only wild ass speed will cure what ales you. My blue Kawasaki ZRX1200 fit that bill nicely
Harleys? For some reason just never wanted to own one for various reasons.

I still can't deny the fact that if I were forced to stay with only one bike for everything it might be a lowered KLR 650. It does a lot of things right but not exceptional in any area other than it is easy to work on.

The current concept of Adventure bikes is nice in theory but most are just to heavy to do any serious trail riding. That includes my 2018 V Strom 1000. The main reasons I purchased it was a comfortable riding position, plenty of power, and the front wheel stays on the ground when I open the throttle. Plus I bought it for $3K off the price since it was a leftover.

No doubt about it, a serious rider needs more than one bike. The hard part is finding the cash and sneaking them in past the wife.
[Linked Image]

I really want a KTM Adventurer but even the KTM dealer tells me they're too much bike. He says all the latinos around here that ride to South America do so on the V-Stroms. For whatever reason they push those things hard. But I love KTM's and the 1,300cc's appeal to me.

But in the middle is that GD Africa Twin and I just think it would be tough to beat at its price point.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
ST1300's are nice bikes. A friend of mine who was constantly selling and buying motorcycles had one for a while. I rode it a bit. He also had a Yamaha FJ1300 for quite a while. I got to ride it off and on.

Both are great bikes, but both of us liked the FJ1300 better. I was very tempted to buy an FJ1300 for quite a while. But I never pulled the trigger on it.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

So [bleep] handy.

Birdwatcher thinks he's still 19 years old.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Buy the africa twin travis, they hold value on top of everything else you'll get out of it.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Birdwatcher thinks he's still 19 years old.

All I gotta do to disabuse myself of that notion is to see myself buck nekkid in a mirror. Since I’m packin’ like a gunfighter nowadays I’m thinking of lashing it to my hip. Just wait, your time will come.

Birdwatcher finds himself with a grown son well away from the nest, with an occupation that only requires him to sorta work about 190 days a year, leaving the other 175 free. Furthermore since the ol’ ball And chain has departed I pretty much get to do as I choose.

When I got married all I owned was a motorcycle, guns, binocs and no furniture. I’m regressing to my natural state is all.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I’m just the opposite, I just told ‘em “don’t lean”. In my Ninja period some women got their first 140mph motorcycle ride, and on a winding backroad they would wrap their arms tight and plaster themselves against your back, grinning from ear to ear at the end of it.

Pretty much if a woman got on your bike nine times out of ten you would end up sleeping with em sooner or later. Nowadays of course the bike would be writing checks my body couldn’t cash grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I’m just the opposite, I just told ‘em “don’t lean”. In my Ninja period some women got their first 140mph motorcycle ride, and on a winding backroad they would wrap their arms tight and plaster themselves against your back, grinning from ear to ear at the end of it.

Pretty much if a woman got on your bike nine times out of ten you would end up sleeping with em sooner or later. Nowadays of course the bike would be writing checks my body couldn’t cash grin

Here's another news flash.

If a chick ask for a drive home in your 1989 F-150? There's a good chance she wants to fugk you.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the info Bristoe, when I go looking next fall it’s probl’y gonna be a Harley, I ain’t scratched that itch yet.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

When I got married all I owned was a motorcycle, guns, binocs and no furniture. I’m regressing to my natural state is all.

Homelessness is an admirable goal.

If anyone can achieve it, it's you.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Here's another news flash.

If a chick ask for a drive home in your 1989 F-150? There's a good chance she wants to fugk you.

Is that a motorcycle? Whatever, the one motorcycle ride takes care of the first three dates and saves a lot of talking.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Homelessness is an admirable goal.

If anyone can achieve it, it's you.

No, I absolutely will not take you for a ride.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buy the africa twin travis, they hold value on top of everything else you'll get out of it.

You are wise, Dave.

I will of course have to go with the red white and blue with gold rims pattern.

I like the idea of looking like a fishing lure.

Page 6 of 27 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (1minute, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 63 invisible), 3,323 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,962
Posts18,499,194
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.