Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This damned Covid is keeping me in Minnesota and out of Penn's Woods this year. Gotta play it safe due to my heart issues. Good luck to all the boys headed out next Saturday for the opener. (God, that sounds weird to be opening on Saturday, but seriously-it's long overdue.) Most of all, hunt safe guys, and make some everlasting memories. You'll be on my mind for sure. As for me, I'll be bow hunting up here in Minnesota unless i fill a couple tags this weekend.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bear this weekend!

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shoot straight, Penn Boys!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only thing stranger than having the opener on Saturday will be hunting on Sunday. I know I'll be out there on Sunday paranoid about game wardens. It may be common knowledge that Sunday is now a hunting day but subconsciously I'll feel like I'm breaking the law I just know it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Bear this weekend!

-Jake

Yup in two days I'll be up on the mountain perched above a rhododendron thicket

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
The only thing stranger than having the opener on Saturday will be hunting on Sunday. I know I'll be out there on Sunday paranoid about game wardens. It may be common knowledge that Sunday is now a hunting day but subconsciously I'll feel like I'm breaking the law I just know it.

I remember when I first moved from Ohio to Minnesota and saw guys out hunting on Sunday. Man it seemed weird. I guess I always thought no one hunted on Sundays.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is really gonna screw up our social schedule. We always got together with the neighbors to watch the Steelers games on Sunday afternoon. The way those guys shoot, they'lll still be hunting on Sunday..........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner

I remember when I first moved from Ohio to Minnesota and saw guys out hunting on Sunday. Man it seemed weird. I guess I always thought no one hunted on Sundays.

When I first saw it in NY I thought "hey don't those guys realize it's Sunday? " laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
This is really gonna screw up our social schedule. We always got together with the neighbors to watch the Steelers games on Sunday afternoon. The way those guys shoot, they'lll still be hunting on Sunday..........

No Stillers for me next two Sundays in a row.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bear this weekend!

-Jake

Yup me too. Good luck to all and stay safe.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm not planning to go bear hunting but will be out there for deer season. Since we've got 3 Saturdays, I'm thinking of taking one and poking around in some new territory, maybe that big game lands between Troutville and Mahaffey.

Jeff, too bad another year is passing and you won't be making it to camp. But I understand.

Dale

This space for rent

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Would love to come back again and hunt. Will have to figure something out.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Bear this weekend!

-Jake

I hunted just below a rhododendron thicket yesterday, but I was in N.C. Below me is a spring, big white pines, poplars, and a few oaks. It is my favorite stand site on the planet. I hope you Pennsylvania boys have a great season!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dale K
I'm not planning to go bear hunting but will be out there for deer season. Since we've got 3 Saturdays, I'm thinking of taking one and poking around in some new territory, maybe that big game lands between Troutville and Mahaffey.

Jeff, too bad another year is passing and you won't be making it to camp. But I understand.

Dale
Yeah, I was looking forward to crossing paths with you Dale. Tell your gang I said "hi". So far we've cancelled deer hunting together up here, getting together for Thanksgiving, renting a fish house in January, and other stuff too. Sure hope they get this under control soon.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Good luck to all you guys! I hope you all have great weather and successful hunts. I won't be out this year since I was lucky enough to get a buck during the archery season.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Dale K

Dale

That particular game lands is LOADED with autumn olive this year. Bears galore out there, they killed a few in archery season. It gets it’s fair share of hunting pressure, but it’s big enough you can get away from the crowds 👍

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bear this weekend!

-Jake

Rhododendron, or mountain laurel?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by borden811
Bear this weekend!

-Jake

Rhododendron. . I know the difference

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Getting ready to head up to a friends place in Carbon County for tomorrows bear opener. There are 6 of us that head out opening day and spread out on the same ridge in state game lands. At least one of us has killed a bear each of the last 7 years on opening day. Will stay up there and hunt Sunday at least until lunch, then make the 7 hour trip down to West Virginia for mondays deer opener. Will hunt there until Wednesday lunchtime then head back along with Brother and niece who are coming up here for Thanksgiving and for next Saturday's rifle deer opener.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by borden811
Bear this weekend!

-Jake

Rhododendron. . I know the difference

Don’t recall saying you didn’t? Anyway, good luck, hope you kill a big one. The fun comes after the shooting, especially if they die in the thick stuff!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

356 members (16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 1936M71, 51 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,148
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.