Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
The dust just settled for now with a Sig P365X on it's way.

Wonder how long the nics check will take on this one? Five days for a bolt action .22 last year.

And...

For the first time in probably a decade, the nics check was approved before the pistol has arrived at the dealer.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've got a Glock 19. When my 365 shows up I'll take them both to the range and shoot them side by side.

If, after a couple of hundred rounds, I can shoot the 365 as fast and as accurate as I can the G19, I will think that's pretty good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
^^ While I think the P365 (assuming 9mm standard model here) is pretty good, I can't keep up with a Glock 19 in terms of speed. Hopefully, you are better than me. Also, if you are talking about the standard model P365 with 10 round magazines, you also may run into an issue with reload speed because the empty magazine in the gun can get hung up in the palm of the hand unless you strip the magazine or come up with a different solution. I still was willing to make the switch.

If you really want speed, go with the .380 version, but most people will recoil in horror at that thought.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 08/23/22. Reason: clarify

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You want to see speed with a P365?

Okay, check these guys out. Cole Fackler and DJ Shipley. I can only dream of this kind of skill and experience

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Hickok45 has become a real fanboy of the P-365. He was, for most of his YouTube presence, a huge proponent of the Glock line, particularly the 19/23 and 26/27.

Call it a talisman, or whatever, the P365 platform checks a lot of boxes.

For a guy living in a state that requires a FOID card and has only been carrying concealed a few years, you sure throw that talisman word around a bunch.

It seems as though you have it all figured out.

laugh

Morons abound

And yeah, I have a few things figured out. Mostly original thinking on my part.

I doubt that.

IC B2

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I get the need for a sub compact hideaway gun, I have to ask, how did it do in your last gun fight?

If you haven’t been in a gun fight, how did it do in a match?

I’ll start off by saying I thought one of my J frames were all I’d ever need and I still carry them when I have to. But reality is they reload slow so I bought a Shield, then a G43, then shot a Sig 365. I shot none of them as well as a G19 so that’s my primary pistol.

Choose whichever pistol you wish but don’t ignore the facts, out of all the shooters and pistols we saw come through our CC mouse gun matches, no one shot a sub compact better than a compact G19 sized pistol.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I love my S&W Shield plus in 9mm and Glock 43X.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TWR
I get the need for a sub compact hideaway gun, I have to ask, how did it do in your last gun fight?

If you haven’t been in a gun fight, how did it do in a match?

I’ll start off by saying I thought one of my J frames were all I’d ever need and I still carry them when I have to. But reality is they reload slow so I bought a Shield, then a G43, then shot a Sig 365. I shot none of them as well as a G19 so that’s my primary pistol.

Choose whichever pistol you wish but don’t ignore the facts, out of all the shooters and pistols we saw come through our CC mouse gun matches, no one shot a sub compact better than a compact G19 sized pistol.
Agreed on the 19.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I carry a double barrel, Bond Derringer in each side pocket.

Two hands and four shots usually handles any situation.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by tjm10025
I've got a Glock 19. When my 365 shows up I'll take them both to the range and shoot them side by side.

If, after a couple of hundred rounds, I can shoot the 365 as fast and as accurate as I can the G19, I will think that's pretty good.

If on a timer and measuring groups I feel pretty sure I'd be "better" with my G19. I think I would have to have a timer and measure placement to tell that though. IMHO, the P365 doesn't outdo the G19....but it does very, very well in a smaller package.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What it comes down to is this. I'll carry the G19 OWB, but I'll never carry it IWB. I could, but I won't. Just the way it's going to be.

So when that becomes an issue, it's going to be a smaller pistol for IWB.

BTW, my 365LXSC came in late yesterday. It's pretty sweet. It goes to the range tomorrow.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm a big fan of full size duty guns but I think the slim/single-stack striker fired guns are a great thing. They are assuredly a compromise but handguns are an inherent compromise. If they weren't we'd all have an M4 and two-point sling or walking around with a Staccoto XL. Assuming a full grip like the Shield, 43X, 365XL's provide, most people can shoot them as well as a full size double stack. Matter of fact, I think a lot of shooters end up shooting them better because the slimmer frame allows a better purchase (more contact) with a lot of shooter's hands and their associated grip.

They provide even greater benefit if you carry IWB and if you're carrying concealed you should be carrying IWB unless your AOR allows you to walk around dressed like an Ice Road Trucker 365 days of the year. Sawing down sight radius and grip length does little to benefit a person carrying IWB and the trade offs are not worth the benefit when you do it to a double stack frame. Guys walk around looking like they got a boner growing out of their hip or tucked up underneath their belt while forfeiting substantial levels of shootability. The single stack designs allow you to maintain a grip that approximates a full size fighting pistol, a rewarding sight radius, and impressive capacity. All while making the gun more concealable, easier to carry, and (in many instances) easier to shoot.

When you start factoring optics (and I believe all serious hand gunners should be today) the 365 size guns make even more sense because sight radius becomes moot.

But I think the most important thing to consider when you're weighing all these options is to ensure you're being honest with yourself. Be sure your choice in handgun is influenced by objective thought. If you find yourself contemplating a G34 as an EDC, and quickly whittle that down to a Ruger LCP, you're probably just being lazy. And in keeping with the theme of objectivity you should work to establish a standard for yourself. Not some bullschit "most fights happen" theory but a real standard that you can do with a reasonable amount of ammo. i.e. Five rounds from the 25 in XXXX, three rounds from the 15 in XXXX, 7yd line, etc. Establish your baseline with a full size gun that you have a high level of confidence with. Let that be your standard.

Last but not least, if you don't own a shot timer, STFU and go buy a shot timer. A phone is not a shot timer.

Hand gunning is a two pronged discipline. Accuracy and speed. Hitting is step one, hitting quickly is step two. If any handgun choice significantly compromises either of these two things, you've picked the wrong gun and in all likelihood, you are lying to yourself.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm a big fan of full size duty guns but I think the slim/single-stack striker fired guns are a great thing. They are assuredly a compromise but handguns are an inherent compromise. If they weren't we'd all have an M4 and two-point sling or walking around with a Staccoto XL. Assuming a full grip like the Shield, 43X, 365XL's provide, most people can shoot them as well as a full size double stack. Matter of fact, I think a lot of shooters end up shooting them better because the slimmer grip allows a better purchase (more contact) with a lot of shooter's hands and their associated grip.

They provide even greater benefit if you carry IWB and if you're carrying concealed you should be carrying IWB unless your AOR allows you to walk around dressed like an Ice Road Trucker 365 days of the year. Sawing down sight radius and grip length does little to benefit a person carrying IWB and the trade offs are not worth the benefit when you do it to a double stack frame. Guys walk around looking like they got a boner growing out of their hip or tucked up underneath their belt while forfeiting substantial levels of shootability. The single stack designs allow you to maintain a grip that approximates a full size fighting pistol, a rewarding sight radius, and impressive capacity. All while making the gun more concealable, easier to carry, and (in many instances) easier to shoot.

When you start factoring optics (and I believe all serious hand gunners should be today) the 365 size guns make even more sense because sight radius becomes moot.

But I think the most important thing to consider when you're weighing all these options is to ensure you're being honest with yourself. Be sure your choice in handgun is influenced by objective thought. If you find yourself contemplating a G34 as an EDC, and quickly whittle that down to a Ruger LCP, you're probably just being lazy. And in keeping with the theme of objectivity you should work to establish a standard for yourself. Not some bullschit "most fights happen" theory but a real standard that you can do with a reasonable amount of ammo. i.e. Five rounds from the 25 in XXXX, three rounds from the 15 in XXXX, 7yd line, etc. Establish your baseline with a full size gun that you have a high level of confidence with. Let that be your standard.

Last but not least, if you don't own a shot timer, STFU and go buy a shot timer. A phone is not a shot timer.

Hand gunning is a two pronged discipline. Accuracy and speed. Hitting is step one, hitting quickly is step two. If any handgun choice significantly compromises either of these two things, you've picked the wrong gun and in all likelihood, you are lying to yourself.

Makes a lot of sense.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm a big fan of full size duty guns but I think the slim/single-stack striker fired guns are a great thing. They are assuredly a compromise but handguns are an inherent compromise. If they weren't we'd all have an M4 and two-point sling or walking around with a Staccoto XL. Assuming a full grip like the Shield, 43X, 365XL's provide, most people can shoot them as well as a full size double stack. Matter of fact, I think a lot of shooters end up shooting them better because the slimmer frame allows a better purchase (more contact) with a lot of shooter's hands and their associated grip.

They provide even greater benefit if you carry IWB and if you're carrying concealed you should be carrying IWB unless your AOR allows you to walk around dressed like an Ice Road Trucker 365 days of the year. Sawing down sight radius and grip length does little to benefit a person carrying IWB and the trade offs are not worth the benefit when you do it to a double stack frame. Guys walk around looking like they got a
boner growing out of their hip or tucked up underneath their belt while forfeiting substantial levels of shootability. The single stack designs allow you to maintain a grip that approximates a full size fighting pistol, a rewarding sight radius, and impressive capacity. All while making the gun more concealable, easier to carry, and (in many instances) easier to shoot.

But I think the most important thing to consider when you're weighing all these options is to ensure you're being honest with yourself. Be sure your choice in handgun is influenced by objective thought. If you find yourself contemplating a G34 as an EDC, and quickly whittle that down to a Ruger LCP, you're probably just being lazy. And in keeping with the theme of objectivity you should work to establish a standard for yourself.
Not some bullschit "most fights happen" theory but a real standard that you can do with a reasonable amount of ammo. i.e. Five rounds from the 25 in XXXX, three rounds from the 15 in XXXX, 7yd line, etc. Establish your baseline with a full size gun that you have a high level of confidence with. Let that be your standard.

Last but not least, if you don't own a shot timer, STFU and go buy a shot timer.
A phone is not a shot timer.

• Yes you are sometimes
  • Statistics are reality, everything else is make-believe
  • Nor is a shot timer a phone. Time to move into this decade grandpa
  • Playing games and self-defense do not directly corelate

You're welcome.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dla
  • Yes you are sometimes
  • Statistics are reality, everything else is make-believe
  • Nor is a shot timer a phone. Time to move into this decade grandpa
  • Playing games and self-defense do not directly corelate

You're welcome.

You can't shoot.

Stop lying.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Assuming a full grip like the Shield, 43X, 365XL's provide, most people can shoot them as well as a full size double stack. Matter of fact, I think a lot of shooters end up shooting them better because the slimmer frame allows a better purchase (more contact) with a lot of shooter's hands and their associated grip.

Regarding grip, I took my new 365XLSC to the range today. 150 rounds of Winchester 124 gr. FMJ. Slow and fast fire. Arm's length to 10 yards. One-handed and two handed.

I'll tell you it's like the grip is custom made for me. Not once, in all 150 rounds, did I feel a need to slightly readjust my shooting hand after recoil. The sights come to my eye naturally.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Assuming a full grip like the Shield, 43X, 365XL's provide, most people can shoot them as well as a full size double stack. Matter of fact, I think a lot of shooters end up shooting them better because the slimmer frame allows a better purchase (more contact) with a lot of shooter's hands and their associated grip.

Regarding grip, I took my new 365XLSC to the range today. 150 rounds of Winchester 124 gr. FMJ. Slow and fast fire. Arm's length to 10 yards. One-handed and two handed.

I'll tell you it's like the grip is custom made for me. Not once, in all 150 rounds, did I feel a need to slightly readjust my shooting hand after recoil. The sights come to my eye naturally.

I dig got those 365's.

God help me I hope I don't bump into one of those Macro's they introduced because I think I'll have to buy it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If you do bump into one of those at your LGS, it likely won't be there the next day.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you do bump into one of those at your LGS, it likely won't be there the next day.

If Flave expresses interest they know to hold it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Hickok45 has become a real fanboy of the P-365. He was, for most of his YouTube presence, a huge proponent of the Glock line, particularly the 19/23 and 26/27.

Call it a talisman, or whatever, the P365 platform checks a lot of boxes.

For a guy living in a state that requires a FOID card and has only been carrying concealed a few years, you sure throw that talisman word around a bunch.

It seems as though you have it all figured out.

Your sock(s) are showing.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

325 members (1minute, 16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 48 invisible), 2,028 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,162
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.