Hop To
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i wish the 30-06 Winchester model 70 s.s. i own was more consistent with groups ,i realize most people would be happy with the groups that this rifle shoots and yes probably good enough ,but i have always been fussy with my own hunting rifles for accuracy.so once i get a new Brux barrel on this 30-06 / Winchester rifle i will do some stock work and this rifle will shoot much better than it did , i had a 22-250 that shot bad too that i replaced the barrel also . ,just won`t be ready for this trip barrel won`t be here till end of June from Brux barrels . my Remington 700 Tactical 300 Win.mag. has always shot extremely well right out of the box , but this 700 should for the price i paid for this rifle 10 -15 some years ago. our tickets are purchased for the airline so in 2 weeks we leave for S.E. Africa ! thanks for all the positive posts . Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Best of luck Pete, fine choice of rifles. Shoot straight and enjoy.

Molon Labe
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Best of luck Pete, fine choice of rifles. Shoot straight and enjoy.

thank you much ,Pete53

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pete53
i wish the 30-06 Winchester model 70 s.s. i own was more consistent with groups ,i realize most people would be happy with the groups that this rifle shoots and yes probably good enough ,but i have always been fussy with my own hunting rifles for accuracy.so once i get a new Brux barrel on this 30-06 / Winchester rifle i will do some stock work and this rifle will shoot much better than it did , i had a 22-250 that shot bad too that i replaced the barrel also . ,just won`t be ready for this trip barrel won`t be here till end of June from Brux barrels . my Remington 700 Tactical 300 Win.mag. has always shot extremely well right out of the box , but this 700 should for the price i paid for this rifle 10 -15 some years ago. our tickets are purchased for the airline so in 2 weeks we leave for S.E. Africa ! thanks for all the positive posts . Pete53
What kind of groups were you getting with that Win 70? What kind of groups are you expecting from new barrel?

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
old barrel was 1 1/2 inch at best 3 shot groups sometimes 2 inch, the new Brux barrel is being machined & installed this week under 1 inch consistent with my handloads probably will do even better than i expect probably . my 300 Win. mag. Remington Tactical shoots consistent 3/4 inch 3 shot groups at 100 yds all the time with my handloads with many different kinds and brands of bullets ,sometimes even 1/2 inch ,but this rifle now that i am 70 with bad shoulders is kinda miserable to shoot without the muzzle brake too.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
How does your barrel shoot consistently under an inch before it’s installed?

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
It took 17 pages to get to the point we all knew on page 1. Don’t confuse the OP.

The way life should be.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Amen. This thread has been a joke from the git go. 18 pages to decide the 30-06 is an adequate plains game cartridge? Really? And, of course, you have to wonder how a new barrel is shooting under 1” before it’s installed.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jdollar
Amen. This thread has been a joke from the git go. 18 pages to decide the 30-06 is an adequate plains game cartridge? Really? And, of course, you have to wonder how a new barrel is shooting under 1” before it’s installed.

It's even more of a joke now that your never-Trumping, covtard vax jabbing asss showed up......

Sorry for the delayed response. Just saw this post. I leave in 4 days for the Caprivi via Doha, Joberg, and Kasane, then drive into Namibia. I and my wife( who has a PhD in nursing education) are vaccinated. As a retired physician, I consider anyone that is refusing the vaccine as stupid. It’s free insurance against a potentially fatal disease. Granted, the mortality rate is low, but the hospitalization rate isn’t for unvaccinated people. 85-90 % of people in hospitals due to COVID are unvaccinated. Enough said.
)

The virus is now ubiquitous and will remain so forever. It isn’t going away. The days of worrying about travelers spreading it are gone. All one can do now if you want to travel outside the US is follow the rules, whether it is vax or testing prior to arrival. Right now you must have a negative Covid test to re-enter the US but that regulation is expected to be lifted in the near future. Brother Raider believes the vax does no good and is dangerous. Check the graphs in the link, especially the US graph. The evidence speaks for itself.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

You can’t fix stupid.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Once again, my stalker/troll makes a post having nothing to do with the topic at hand..It is strange to be followed around this forum by an irrelevant retard but there you have it. I’m pretty sure there is a forum here for personal attacks. Too bad he is too stupid to use it….

1 member likes this: BFaucett
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Good to see you're back Karendollar. This forum is as good as any to keep front and center the dumbass covtards like yourself, the poster child. Keep up the great recommendations you dumbass coward.

I and my wife( who has a PhD in nursing education) are vaccinated. As a retired physician, I consider anyone that is refusing the vaccine as stupid. It’s free insurance against a potentially fatal disease. Granted, the mortality rate is low, but the hospitalization rate isn’t for unvaccinated people. 85-90 % of people in hospitals due to COVID are unvaccinated. Enough said.

Check the graphs in the link, especially the US graph. The evidence speaks for itself.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,529
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.