Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I was very critical of that ridiculous thing about White guilt. Doesn't mean I agree with forcing a business to be open on any day they wish not to be. Seems unconstitutional to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This seems to be a special situation. The state has determined that this highway now needs 7 day food service and future contracts will require it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It is a uniquely American concept that everytime we stop a car, we need to get out and eat fried garbage wrapped in polystyrene.

Skip a meal or two. And phugh new york.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
So when are those restaurants going to close? I can't imagine shutting them down would make much or a dent in a nationwide company's bottom line. Particularly one that has waiting lines around the block every time they get harassed by a bunch of phag freaks.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Maybe some black folks need their shoes shined for Church on Sundays.

Many who love their Jesus chicken would like to forget that

I won't.
But then, I'm not burdened by white guilt.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
They serve food in Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta where the Falcons play but aren't open on Sunday's when most pro games are played. They are open for other events in the stadium any other day of the week. They tried to convince them to open during Falcons games but didn't push the issue too hard.

I don't care much either way but do think it is a bit hypocritical that they close on Sundays so their employees can eat lunch after church at every other restaurant in town.

And I've seen several instances where they have opened on Sundays in order to feed people during times of emergencies. They are also good about feeding workers at such times any day of the week.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I was very critical of that ridiculous thing about White guilt. Doesn't mean I agree with forcing a business to be open on any day they wish not to be. Seems unconstitutional to me.

who's forcing them?.....you are not stupid trh....but you are being dense on purpose probably......bob

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't care much either way but do think it is a bit hypocritical that they close on Sundays so their employees can eat lunch after church at every other restaurant in town.
The idea of not working on Sunday comes from the old Jewish laws about the sabbath. Scripture clearly says that Gentiles are NOT under that law. If you want to keep it, though, you need to keep it. It required that all food eaten on the sabbath be prepared the previous day. Cooking was prohibited. So, you close your restaurant on Sunday so your employees can go eat at McD's or Burger King where they serve day old 'food', if you want to call it food.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Gots to have sum chiken

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I might hit em up in a few mins.

#1 add lettuce and tomato, waffle fries, small cherry coke, stroyberruha mrlkshate.

That or cici pizza

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Who's forcing them?.....you are not stupid trh....but you are being dense on purpose probably......bob
Thread Title: Chick-fil-A being forced to open on Sunday

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
This is a nothing burger.

It seems perfectly reasonable to have a clause in a contract to require a food entity to be open 7 days a week at a rest stop on a restricted access road. If the contract doesn't fit your business model, then don't bid on it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gsganzer
This is a nothing burger.

It seems perfectly reasonable to have a clause in a contract to require a food entity to be open 7 days a week at a rest stop on a restricted access road. If the contract doesn't fit your business model, then don't bid on it.
I had assumed they had already been there.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I can't see how anyone can consider ordering a private business to be open to be proper.

Crazy Communists.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
CF will likely shrug and not bid to have future stores on the thruway.

In the state's defense, a thruway isn't like an interstate where people can get off and on to find food and gas. It makes sense to require businesses who contract to provide services there do so around the clock. No business is forced to bid.

This is yet another thread where the OP creates a gross exaggeration of the facts - either out of ignorance or to create clickbait.

When did I ever decide a road to take or the time I take it because one of how many eateries was or wasn’t open? Never.
Pure power play against religion.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Winnie70
Just saw in NY a bill introduced to force Chick-fil-A to open on Sunday. Might be good time to pull out.
Wow! How does our government legally force a business to be open on a particular day? I don't see how that will survive challenge, just on basic freedoms grounds, let alone the First Amendment right to free exercise of one's religion.

Exactly what I thought.

Seems insane.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Who's forcing them?.....you are not stupid trh....but you are being dense on purpose probably......bob
Thread Title: Chick-fil-A being forced to open on Sunday

Got it...you comment without reading the link.....bob

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Next target all the outlets/eateries including McDonalds because they have fish sandwich specials at certain times for Christian’s on fridays?

Osky?

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Maybe some black folks need their shoes shined for Church on Sundays.

Many who love their Jesus chicken would like to forget that

I have had 1 sandwich from there...sorry sammywhich for the baby talkers on here.....it was ok, but I wouldn't go out of my way to support those asswipes....bob
asswipes why? I actually don't go out of my way either. but I've never had bad food there.

I'm just curious as to the hate part. I mean best I can tell no one forces you to see their ads. signs. Stop at their stores. give them your cash.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Terms of contract....if you don't want to follow it....don't apply....bob

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

405 members (16gage, 16penny, 12savage, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 46 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,130
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.