Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by drop_point
Don't play coy. You know as well as I do that the adjustments make head positioning less critical, but with consistent and correct sight picture you can eliminate the detrimental effects of parallax even without a mechanical adjustment.

Its not "playing coy". You aren't eliminating parallax, you're mitigating it. No matter how perfect your sight picture, it is still there. There is a reason rimfire specific scopes are made, and a reason every rimfire BR shooter uses an AO or SF.
Read what you quoted again. We can debate definitions and semantics all day, but the fact is that with a consistent and centered sight picture, any effects of parallax are eliminated. Mechanically adjusting the focal plane of the reticle simply makes it easier to eliminate those effects by eliminating parallax itself.

A part of the issue is some don't really understand the physics of how the scopes work.

First off, the parallax adjustment adjusts the image focus location not the reticle focus, as you mistakenly claim. Retical focus is adjusted at the ocular lens. While you might think I am being coy it is an important part of the discussion to actually understand how the scope works and why.

Without the ability to sharply focus the target image at the range being shot there will not only be parallax issues but also target image resolution issues that preclude real "testing" of the optic.

The fact you don't understand why LiL Fish's "tests" are fake bullshit is telling but not surprising. It could just be your confirmation bias is always fed by anything posted that is anti Leupold, no matter how fake and ridicules.

Maybe you just have never learned about how scopes work as aiming devices?
Nice hissy fit. I made no such claim, and you clearly don’t know the difference between the physics and the mechanical implementation of the scope. The adults are discussing the physics of parallax and bringing the plane of the reticle onto the focal plane of the image (or vice versa, it’s simply a reference frame difference and the physics are the same).

Then again, I only have a couple of degrees in physics, while you have a first-class education in bankrupting companies.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Don't play coy. You know as well as I do that the adjustments make head positioning less critical, but with consistent and correct sight picture you can eliminate the detrimental effects of parallax even without a mechanical adjustment.

Its not "playing coy". You aren't eliminating parallax, you're mitigating it. No matter how perfect your sight picture, it is still there. There is a reason rimfire specific scopes are made, and a reason every rimfire BR shooter uses an AO or SF.
Read what you quoted again. We can debate definitions and semantics all day, but the fact is that with a consistent and centered sight picture, any effects of parallax are eliminated. Mechanically adjusting the focal plane of the reticle simply makes it easier to eliminate those effects by eliminating parallax itself.

mit·i·gate
/ˈmidəˌɡāt/
verb
make less severe, serious, or painful.

e·lim·i·nate
/əˈliməˌnāt/
verb
completely remove or get rid of (something).
"a policy that would eliminate inflation"

There are the definitions. They aren't up for debate. No matter how hard you try, you won't perceive all parallax error on a fixed parallax optic. I've tested it. It even exists with an RDS. The more magnification, the greater the effects.
Now define “parallax” and “detrimental effects of,” and then we’ll talk.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
I haven't stolen a single picture, Betty, but you sure keep following me around trying to flirt with me. You see, snowflake, posting a screen shot of your "weeeerrrrllld claaaawwwssss" mounting job is not "stealing". I would never pass that along as my own; its a disgrace. But you post screen shots all the time. And you continue to flirt with me. I'm not into lonely old hags. Sorry, Betty Sue.

Meanwhile, I've posted plenty of, as you say it, "wares that exist"; over 100K in stuff I have "afforded".

Betty Sue, when was the last time you got laid? 1988?

Drop Point,

thanks for this thread.... I haven't laughed this hard in ages.

Rumor from POW Island, is Schtick gets " Laid" every night.....

Down in the lower 48, its called jerkin off....

But rumor has it on POW Island, that he's jerking off to pics of himself...guess that is where the term " man love" came from....

Oh man, that's funny as all get out!

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's no slighting your taste in men,as you gals collaborate on your man Crush...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Fantasies and Proclivities are more than a touch telling. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Betty Sue, you can keep reposting the same BS over and over and over again and keep copy-pasting the same text time and time and time again.

Repeating the lie over and over like your hero Berry Obama doesn't make it true.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You and Shefire keep dueling for the deepest Homoerotic Fantasies. Two Crying CLUELESS Lying Professional Victims,make a GREAT pairing. Hint.

You keep her in stolen pictures and she'll keep feigning Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as you gals meet in the middle. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I reckon it plum flattering,how many times a day you gals think about me and always take the time to make sure I'm nude. Keep Pretending aloud. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Betty Sue, you can keep reposting the same photo over and over and over again and keep copy-pasting the same text time and time and time again.

Repeating the lie over and over like your hero Berry Obama doesn't make it true.

Nobody thinks about you, but you keep showing up blabbering nonsense that only a Barry Obama lover could come up with. Go away and stop replying to people and we'll quit slapping down the miniscule amount of your manhood that remains, you narcissistic homosexual.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You and Shefire keep dueling for the deepest Homoerotic Fantasies. Two Crying CLUELESS Lying Professional Victims,make a GREAT pairing. Hint.

You keep her in stolen pictures and she'll keep feigning Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as you gals meet in the middle. Hint.

I reckon it plum flattering,how many times a day you gals think about me and always take the time to make sure I'm nude. Keep Pretending aloud. Hint.

It's funnier than fhuqk,that Professional Victims always become a "we",as they extoll their very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Betty Sue, you can keep reposting the same photo over and over and over again and keep copy-pasting the same text time and time and time again.

Nobody thinks about you, but you keep showing up blabbering nonsense that only a Barry Obama lover could come up with. Go away and stop replying to people and we'll quit slapping down the miniscule amount of your manhood that remains, you narcissistic homosexual.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It's funnier than fhuqk,that Professional Victims always become a "we",as they extoll their very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

Time to go rattle some 53's through the SVT and watch a Barkin' Arken do,that which Reupold can't. Be sure to use your Imagination and Pretend to think about me,as you ride the pine on "Life" and extoll your Frustrations and Fantasies,from your Brokedick World. Hint.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

The real question is do you like Barry's little black Johnson better? Or the Chinaman's?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So how bad does the mk4 hd suck?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with you in that a lot here are just wannabes and don’t actually get out and shoot and see what actually works and what don’t .
Problem is they seem to be some of the worst at rushing to give advice to others.

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by raghorn
Here’s an idea.
Why don’t you doubting morons post up some pics of you doing a rtz multi group test?
Or a ttt ?
Instead of offering nothing but verbal bull!?$$.
In other words for the slow …. Put up or shut up.

Posted before, but just for you…

Leupold Mark 4 M5A2 on a 6.5 Creedmoor

3 shots at 100 yards, then dialed for 12 rounds at different ranges out to 800, then returned to zero for 3 shots

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pretty good test

But this probably trumps it since it involved 3 days of shooting in nasty conditions, constantly dialing for 150 targets and the abuse that comes with the field match

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Here’s the deal though . I will take you at your word that the scope you used 10 years ago for that tracking test worked as it should.
However I was there when Stick was testing the vx5 and first hand saw the target for the 4hd.
They are a pos and I seen it with my own eyes.

Also I use to have leupolds on dozens of rifles.
Shot them all and at one time leupolds were among the best.
I learned over time that things change and that’s no longer true.
So nowadays I may have two or three leupolds left but none that get dialed.
Sure I may get lucky and have a Leupold that tracks decently but I learned that with other brands such as swfa, some Bushnell, some athlons, etc almost always track.
All that to say this ….
When I began ditching Leupold and buying almost anything made by LOW a lot of weirdness went away.
That knowledge came for advice but also more importantly by getting out and shooting multiple solid rifles with multiple scopes.
I would have LOVED for Leupold to be my brand of choice but shooting/using/dialing other brands proved that to not be possible.
As Stick has often said …… good [bleep] sells itself!
I’m not brand loyal…….. I’m performance loyal!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
You saw the target...because you know, Betty Sue couldn't have thrown shots, or had her range off, or anything like that.

I'm quite skeptical of Leupold after having had one of their $3600 flagships take three trips back to Oregon to make it right. But I KNOW Betty Sue is a liar and an idiot. I'm still at square one because the "test" added zero information.

Last edited by drop_point; 04/28/24.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
You expect anyone here to give shtick any credibility whatsoever?

Lol

That's the joke of the day.

He's already "proven" himself, and no reversing that.

I'd put more trust in the local barber for legitimate gun info.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And there in is the problem. You fellas have your feelings involved which has ZERO bearing on the truth.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by raghorn
And there in is the problem. You fellas have your feelings involved which has ZERO bearing on the truth.

No feelings involved. It requires faith in Betty Sue's honesty. Betty Sue is a proven liar. Betty Sue is proven to be an idiot. Betty Sue is proven to be incompetent.

Maybe your FEELINGS toward Betty Sue has caused you to overlook the incompetence? Hmmmm.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I probably should have given you a shout,but was Slammin' & Jammin',to Barkin' Arken the SVT. Then one of the boys swung by,for the big unveil on his bun that's in the oven. Hint.

Always nice,gunning wares that actually work. Gawked the JB'd SVT spout,knew I'd hit 50yd paper and sent one. Corrected it and shot the 2nd shot out of the new rifle. Hint.

Added .3 Mil's and hung a hasty 100yd trio. Liked what I saw and was done. Zero'd turrets and was ready for a bit more R&D. Hint.

The 62 ELD-VT's were fairly consistent,given the Virgin Spelunking Brass,but as factored,there's not enough gross RPM to make them happy(50yds). No "surprises" there,but worth a whirl,hoping to be wrong. Hint.(grin)

Reeled in my targets and went to bang come ups. Hint.

Had the Transonic Slip factored right at 750yds,so stayed inside as a cushion and it was money to 700yds. Hint.

Rather enjoying the Brokedick Professional Victim Hurt Feeler Reports,from Couchbound Kchunts,who can't even fhuqking BEGIN to fathom the magnitude. Time to mass produce and flog on the SVT. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
28 FPS ES with three shots! HAHAHAHHAHAH

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1badf350, 160user, 1941USMC, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,382
Posts18,506,704
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.