Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Besides Reupold being rather adept,for incorrectly assigning parallax yardages on their turrets. Hint.(grin)

As I plainly cited to her prior:

"Parallax is most daunting to Drooling CLUELESS Professional Victims and is easily nipped from a 3/4" steel stationary bench,with a World Class platform on bags. Hint."

Bless her heart,for trying though.

Just sayin'...............

Its well known that the numbers on any scope's parallax adjustment are atmosphere dependent. You turn until parallax is eliminated, not dial to a number and call it good.

But, like many examples, you don't read anything. Your parallax knob is zeroable, you dolt.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by drop_point
Don't play coy. You know as well as I do that the adjustments make head positioning less critical, but with consistent and correct sight picture you can eliminate the detrimental effects of parallax even without a mechanical adjustment.

Its not "playing coy". You aren't eliminating parallax, you're mitigating it. No matter how perfect your sight picture, it is still there. There is a reason rimfire specific scopes are made, and a reason every rimfire BR shooter uses an AO or SF.
Read what you quoted again. We can debate definitions and semantics all day, but the fact is that with a consistent and centered sight picture, any effects of parallax are eliminated. Mechanically adjusting the focal plane of the reticle simply makes it easier to eliminate those effects by eliminating parallax itself.

mit·i·gate
/ˈmidəˌɡāt/
verb
make less severe, serious, or painful.

e·lim·i·nate
/əˈliməˌnāt/
verb
completely remove or get rid of (something).
"a policy that would eliminate inflation"

There are the definitions. They aren't up for debate. No matter how hard you try, you won't perceive all parallax error on a fixed parallax optic. I've tested it. It even exists with an RDS. The more magnification, the greater the effects.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You have a FIXATION with moot numbers,not I. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Your Homoerotic Fantasies,are well beyond "telling". How many times a day,do you "think" about me and what am I wearing? Hint.

It's your Imagination and certainly feel free to Pretend with it,in the manner which best fulfills your NEEDS. Hint.

Brokedick Professional Victims are adept at "justifying" the simplistic fact,that they are Thieving Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit,to fuel their DREAMS. Hint.

"Tell" me "more",as you are doing "GREAT!",rattling pom-pom's on the sidelines of "Life". Hint.

Steal pics as requisite,to salve your Delusional Fantasies and you may as well steal my punctuation too. Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Pardon my having such a profound influence on your HILARIOUS "life". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Betty Sue, you're the one complaining about markings. You're the one that can't read. Don't lash out at me. Its time to change your pad again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your Emotional Investment,GREATLY exceeds your "means","abilities" and "comprehension",while you FIXATE moot numbers. Hint.

Your Homoerotic Fantasies,are well beyond "telling". How many times a day,do you "think" about me and what am I wearing? Hint.

It's your Imagination and certainly feel free to Pretend with it,in the manner which best fulfills your NEEDS. Hint.

Brokedick Professional Victims are adept at "justifying" the simplistic fact,that they are Thieving Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit,to fuel their DREAMS. Hint.

"Tell" me "more",as you are doing "GREAT!",rattling pom-pom's on the sidelines of "Life". Hint.

Steal pics as requisite,to salve your Delusional Fantasies and you may as well steal my punctuation too. Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Betty Sue can't read. She says Leupold doesn't publish the number. I find it for her. She lashes out.

Betty Sue complains that the parallax numbers are wrong and it's Leupold's fault. I teach Betty Sue that parallax is atmosphere dependent and that the numbers can be zeroed. Betty Sue lashes out again.

I must cut you deep, Betty Sue. Sorry, you're not my type. I do hear that Alaska has the worst Male/Female ratio. Maybe that is having an effect on Betty Sue.

Meanwhile, Betty Sue says I've stolen something. She can't find any evidence, but keeps running her cockholster. Yep, Betty Sue lashes out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Betty Sue, you can keep reposting the same photo over and over and over again and keep copy-pasting the same text time and time and time again.

Repeating the lie over and over like your hero Berry Obama doesn't make it true.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your Emotional Investment,GREATLY exceeds your "means","abilities" and "comprehension",while you FIXATE moot numbers. Few things mean LESS,than arbitrary parallax "yardage settings",unless one is a Professional Victim and "shoots" as "much" as you. Hint.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Betty Sue, you can keep reposting the same photo over and over and over again and keep copy-pasting the same text time and time and time again.

Repeating the lie over and over like your hero Berry Obama doesn't make it true.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your Emotional Investment,GREATLY exceeds your "means","abilities" and "comprehension",while you FIXATE moot numbers. Few things mean LESS,than arbitrary parallax "yardage settings",unless one is a Professional Victim and "shoots" as "much" as you. Hint.

Steal pics as requisite,to salve your Delusional Fantasies and you may as well steal my punctuation too. Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. It's not like someone like you,could "afford" their own camera and my cup runneth over. Hint.

IC B3

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You voted for Obama Larry?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks never disappoint,by simply doing your best. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drop_point
Don't play coy. You know as well as I do that the adjustments make head positioning less critical, but with consistent and correct sight picture you can eliminate the detrimental effects of parallax even without a mechanical adjustment.

Its not "playing coy". You aren't eliminating parallax, you're mitigating it. No matter how perfect your sight picture, it is still there. There is a reason rimfire specific scopes are made, and a reason every rimfire BR shooter uses an AO or SF.
Read what you quoted again. We can debate definitions and semantics all day, but the fact is that with a consistent and centered sight picture, any effects of parallax are eliminated. Mechanically adjusting the focal plane of the reticle simply makes it easier to eliminate those effects by eliminating parallax itself.

A part of the issue is some don't really understand the physics of how the scopes work.

First off, the parallax adjustment adjusts the image focus location not the reticle focus, as you mistakenly claim. Retical focus is adjusted at the ocular lens. While you might think I am being coy it is an important part of the discussion to actually understand how the scope works and why.

Without the ability to sharply focus the target image at the range being shot there will not only be parallax issues but also target image resolution issues that preclude real "testing" of the optic.

The fact you don't understand why LiL Fish's "tests" are fake bullshit is telling but not surprising. It could just be your confirmation bias is always fed by anything posted that is anti Leupold, no matter how fake and ridicules.

Maybe you just have never learned about how scopes work as aiming devices?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Professional Victims are a fhuqking HOOT! Hint.

Keep The Hurt Feeler Reports coming,despite it being the only thing you can "do". Hint.

Just sayin'...............

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
😂😂😂😂😂

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
🤣🤣

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Could get more accurate shooting tests from Michael J. Fox shooting off a stagecoach going down a two track through a rock quarry

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (AdventureBound, 907brass, 300_savage, akpls, 11 invisible), 1,339 guests, and 794 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,932
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.