Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#19276629 03/06/24
dukxdog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does anyone here belong to a private duck club?

I just joined a small one near my home. Twelve members max.

I knew a guy who belonged to it previously. He died last year.

I'm hoping to increase my opportunities and options.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
GB1

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Never a member, I had the opportunity to hunt as a guest a few times at a club in Illinois. Great atmosphere and some neat people. I even shot a few ducks. If it were closer, I’d have joined in a minute.

I’d think that as a local, you’d have lots of good freelancing opportunities in SD, no? I’ll bet that a well managed private place there could be a ton of fun. I guess a lot would depend on the personalities involved. Every group of twelve has an Ahole in it. Don’t let it be you. 😁

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Pretty common on the grand Prairie.

We have 11 or 12 members depending on year. We are all good friends at this point. Do a lot of work, break a lot of equipment, fix equipment, eat good food, drink a bunch of beer and smash some ducks.

We usually travel once a year to hunt somewhere else.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I live near the Grand Prairie and more Duck clubs going in all the time around me. I am talking big money clubs. I am not a duck hunter. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Pretty common on the grand Prairie.

We have 11 or 12 members depending on year. We are all good friends at this point. Do a lot of work, break a lot of equipment, fix equipment, eat good food, drink a bunch of beer and smash some ducks.

We usually travel once a year to hunt somewhere else.

That sounds like just the right deal. Congrats.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Friend of mine started one here East of town. He has a nice setup. He bought an old church and converted it into a lodge with nice amenities. Lockable storage for each member for boats and UTVs. He has good hunting ground with blinds for them. Dog Pens. He and his wife cook them breakfast.
He has no problem selling memberships mostly from east of here. He says they kill their limits most mornings and are happy as can be. Last I heard it was $11500. a year.There is another south of us that is fancier and has more ground that is 20K a year

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Some depends on ground you lease. We have some private ground but also hunt public timber. Nice mix.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some Blinds will be much more proctive than others, THEREFORE rotation assignments will be VERY important................................

Check that out first!!!!

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Reba
Some Blinds will be much more proctive than others, THEREFORE rotation assignments will be VERY important................................

Check that out first!!!!

Or get in a club with a bunch of good guys where assignments aren't necessary. We just agree on the hunt for the next morning every night over good food and a few beers.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Some 3 decades ago I was a member of a goose hunting club for several years. We rented a farmhouse and a total of a section of land. It started off well but the resident jerk began bringing his friends into the club and things went south. I was the first to bail as drunkeness and related petty crimes followed this group. Things came to a head a couple years later when actions of this group brought the attentions of the sheriff and wardens. Glad I was gone by then.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
our entire hunting club originated from the start of a duck club. we went from leasing a single 150 acre corn field with a flooded slough and bordering a river to now leasing over 1100 acres of upland, river bottom crop fields, and hard wood ridges.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I belong to one. Small, but limited members and one "The X" for our area. Blessed that I am a member because it is slim pickens everywhere else around here. One note.... know the rules up front and follow them!

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hunt as a guest at a buddy's in Sacramento Valley, CA. Pretty informal deal, 5th wheels and a club house on flooded rice fields. The experience is pretty neat to me, I have seen the hunting be good and bad. I have spent a morning in a blind without firing a shot while a blind a field over limited out, so the rotation thing mentioned above would probably be cool.

Dinner in the clubhouse with some beers in the evening has been pretty fun.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have been to the most exclusive Goose and Duck Club in Canada.

My father's good friend Bill O'Brien owned it. Believe it or not, a member of the club was Prince Philip yep, Queen Elizabeth's Husband, and Edgar Bronfman the owner of Seagram, basically you had to be very, very rich to be a member there. We got to the private island, which was on the St Lawrence River, by Jet Helicopter.

I would never be able to afford being a member of a club like that, I was very fortunate to have been invited as a guest to one of Bill's private Island Duck Hunting clubs.

Here is a picture of a morning hunt, the geese and ducks are hanging on the side of the Clubhouse building. While you shot, the guides would show up and serve you wine and cheese served on a silver platter.

My Father shot all of those geese and ducks in one morning's shoot. I believe 75 Snows plus ducks.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/06/24.

KB

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,566
Posts18,473,245
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.