Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#19409443 04/25/24
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting take here by a NY union. Now I get it - Trump as a developer likely has good relationships with the construction unions in the area but still.

Here's a guy who is willing to be public about dissatisfaction with the D side. I can't remember this in my lifetime.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting. Just this morning I saw a headline saying the construction unions were for Biden. Must have been a typo, the press don't lie.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Green New Deal isn't union friendly. The UAW got the message...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Interesting. Just this morning I saw a headline saying the construction unions were for Biden. Must have been a typo, the press don't lie.

Watching RAV early this AM, couple hundred union[construction] workers were waiting outside of the courthouse for Trump to arrive.
They seemed very happy to get to meet him.

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Unions are shrinking. The democrats support the illegals that cut union members throats pay wise.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
IC B2

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It's not even about the union for me. I just can't remember the last time "traditional" allies of the DNC have publically called them out and said they're done with it.

Unions
African-Americans

Groups like that are not being open about dissatisfaction with the DNC - wayyyy too late to save our country but still, at least they've mentioned the rising water finally.

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Staemfitters Local 638 was my stepdads union,mine was Dockbuilders 1456.I meet Trump when we drove the piles for the NY TIMES building in Queens,in 1995-6.He jumped up on the Manitowoc and threw the lever to start the piledriving hammer.I met him again in 2003 when we were driving the piles for Trump Tower on the West side of Manhattan.
The crane operator tried to walk the crane with the hammer way up in the leads and flipped leads and boom up and over the crane,it was a gigantic mess ! Trump came by to see it himself,all he said was," Thank God nobody got hurt ." I think NYC Unions support of Democrats is done.People are hurting and fed up.It's about time.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Interesting….. Just a month or so ago, the pos UAW President proclaimed joe biden is part of the UAW family, to a cheering crowd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s a wide gap between what most union members think and what the leadership thinks. I’ve run into a few diehard, brainless sheep members, but in general the rank and file are pretty conservative, and growing more so. A glaring exception to that was my former UPS driver, a pretty nice black guy, who he was all in on the union line as well as all the race stuff. At least he could talk about it rationally, and admitted the Teamsters had screwed them when they absorbed other unions with pension financing troubles.

My former union spent 75% of our dues on Democrat campaign contributions, so when I moved to a RTW state, I dumped them, simply by not signing on with the different local. Unlike the DC and MD locals, they never even tried to sign me up.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thinking a large percentage of Union members will break ranks and vote Republican is akin to believing the same about the black community. Ain’t gunna happen.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Staemfitters Local 638 was my stepdads union,mine was Dockbuilders 1456.I meet Trump when we drove the piles for the NY TIMES building in Queens,in 1995-6.He jumped up on the Manitowoc and threw the lever to start the piledriving hammer.I met him again in 2003 when we were driving the piles for Trump Tower on the West side of Manhattan.
The crane operator tried to walk the crane with the hammer way up in the leads and flipped leads and boom up and over the crane,it was a gigantic mess ! Trump came by to see it himself,all he said was," Thank God nobody got hurt ." I think NYC Unions support of Democrats is done.People are hurting and fed up.It's about time.

I’m with the operating engineers, Local 15, New York City.. I’m working two different locations, South St., Seaport seawall job and uptown on York Avenue, dock builders on both locations, great guys have always had a lot of respect for them. Do you know brother? 1456 Forman. 95% of the guys that I work with are Republicans even the laborers Local 731. I can’t stand when my local tells us who to vote for, I tell them to mind their own business :-) and I also years ago stopped paying into PAC… Most of us feel the same way. Maybe now they’ll stop publicly supporting the Democrats.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Somewon said nothing can stop what is cummin.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Somewon said nothing can stop what is cummin.
…and he was correct.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a lot of dissatisfaction among the rank and file. We get the propaganda from the national, or Rep. is taking the silver while quietly disagreeing. He doesn’t even try to influence us anymore.

The last Rep called our former President and wanted us to take a knee at lunchtime to support George Floyd.
“You have a better shot of lunch with the Pope than that happening”

The current president is not as tactful.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Union members will overwhelmingly support the Democrat nominee, same plantation as the black community

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Interesting take here by a NY union. Now I get it - Trump as a developer likely has good relationships with the construction unions in the area but still.

Here's a guy who is willing to be public about dissatisfaction with the D side. I can't remember this in my lifetime.

And yet union donations keep going to the party destroying America

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BamBam

I’m with the operating engineers, Local 15, New York City.. I’m working two different locations, South St., Seaport seawall job and uptown on York Avenue, dock builders on both locations, great guys have always had a lot of respect for them. Do you know brother? 1456 Forman. 95% of the guys that I work with are Republicans even the laborers Local 731. I can’t stand when my local tells us who to vote for, I tell them to mind their own business :-) and I also years ago stopped paying into PAC… Most of us feel the same way. Maybe now they’ll stop publicly supporting the Democrats.
'
This ^^^
Most of the general public is not aware that most/many union members in the trades vote Republican.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive

'
This ^^^
Most of the general public is not aware that most/many union members in the trades vote Republican.
Bullschit

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by steve4102

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

Steve, most union members do support the Republicans

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

'
This ^^^

Then why do those members allow their elected officers to throw their monies[dues] and support behind leftists?

FJB & FJT
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

IME - they support Republican ideas, support democratic candidates. Wasn't trade guys but mill guys in the USW. They love the R idea but vote D and that's not based on conjecture but face to face conversations I've had with them.

Take the label off - talk the ideas of conservatism they're all for it. Ask who they vote for - D.

Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

lol here we go again. :-)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

IME - they support Republican ideas, support democratic candidates. Wasn't trade guys but mill guys in the USW. They love the R idea but vote D and that's not based on conjecture but face to face conversations I've had with them.

Take the label off - talk the ideas of conservatism they're all for it. Ask who they vote for - D.

Exactly

Except for the Public Employees and Teachers Union members, they are mostly Liberal Democrats in both ideology and how they vote.

Last edited by steve4102; 04/25/24.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
'
Evidence ^^^ that the general public will never be convinced because they have never been in a lunch shack on a heavy construction jobsite and listened to the conversations.
And that's the way it is.

/thread

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
'
Evidence ^^^ that the general public will never be convinced because they have never been in a lunch shack on a heavy construction jobsite and listened to the conversations.

/thread

Do 'they' have no say in what their dues are used for?
How do the officers get those positions?
Do they just elect themselves?

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hell, Teamsters hasn't supported the GOP since '88, the O.E. doesn't advocate either party they vote for those that promote union jobs and benefits and actually come through on their promises... trump failed across the board.

Phil

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
'

/thread

LOL.

I grew up on the MN Iron Range, very heavy Union member population, they have voted Democrat for ever and still do.

I also worked in the Construction industry most of my adult life and have witnessed first hand the stupidity and the unwavering support these brain dead Union members have for their beloved Union and the Democrat Party.

The Arrowhead Region in the NE corner is all mining country and filled with Union voters.

This map tells the story.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
'

/thread

LOL.

I grew up on the MN Iron Range, very heavy Union member population, they have voted Democrat for ever and still do.

I also worked in the Construction industry most of my adult life and have witnessed first hand the stupidity and the unwavering support these brain dead Union members have for their beloved Union and the Democrat Party.

The Arrowhead Region in the NE corner is all mining country and filled with Union voters.

This map tells the story.
The UAW does the same thing to Michigan. Along with the teachers union.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

I belong to Local 798 and I know for a fact that our Local supported Trump

All of the labors and teamsters that worked pipelines supported Trump

In fact our Business Manager was on Fox with Hannity wearing a Trump cap

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Hell, Teamsters hasn't supported the GOP since '88, the O.E. doesn't advocate either party they vote for those that promote union jobs and benefits and actually come through on their promises... trump failed across the board.

phil

Hell, neither do the child diddlers of socal......clearly

FJB & FJT
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

I belong to Local 798 and I know for a fact that our Local supported Trump

All of the labors and teamsters that worked pipelines supported Trump

In fact our Business Manager was on Fox with Hannity wearing a Trump cap

At the time I was in Local 47 - well I think technically it was like USW 2-00047 or some such thing in 2021/2022. P&G Green Bay. Converting Machine 5 (old ones). Josh Schott who was the Union Pres said "We don't endorse or care who you vote for, we're here for the people and wages for the workers inside the plant". Which I believe, great. (I took about 9 months off from what I've done most of my life and went to work in the mill at this time. Sabbatical if you will)

Guys loved the Republican ideas - but they voted for Biden. I'm not saying all did or don't but EOD, the talk about presidents came down to voting for Biden, even tho talking of hunting/shooting/money/time off were all aligned with conservative ideas. I believe they felt that they had to vote D to preserve the wage that allowed them to live their conservative lifestyle.

Just my experience - not saying it's everyone's or iron clad.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
These stupid Union miners and tradesmen always had the same pathetic comeback when asked why they keep voting Democrat knowing that doing so will jeopardize their Second Amendment rights.

They would puff their chest out and say” I’ll liked to see em try”, idiots

Last edited by steve4102; 04/25/24.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
'

/thread

Union guys are heroes. You keep donating 90 per cent to democrats but claim to be pro American. lol

Clown world

https://www.politico.com/newsletter...up-pipeline-workers-union-backing-790000

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raeford
'

/thread

This clown is a slava Ukrainian left wing union lib. Not surprised she won’t answer

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
There is a lot of dissatisfaction among the rank and file. We get the propaganda from the national, or Rep. is taking the silver while quietly disagreeing. He doesn’t even try to influence us anymore.

The last Rep called our former President and wanted us to take a knee at lunchtime to support George Floyd.

Open secrets indicates almost 95 per donations to democrats

https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/C00012476/summary/2022

A few votes don’t win elections, millions of union dollars do

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Open secrets indicates almost 95 per donations to democrats

https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/C00012476/summary/2022

A few votes don’t win elections, millions of union dollars do
What’s even more ridiculous is Law Enforcement pay dues to organized crime to represent them

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
'

/thread

You can opt to have none of your dues go to political parties.
Union Officials are voted in by the members that bother to vote. Just like Political elections .
No one votes them selves in . Bad Union officers get in by apathetic Union members . Just like Political officers.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Thinking a large percentage of Union members will break ranks and vote Republican is akin to believing the same about the black community. Ain’t gunna happen.

And thinking you would not suck each and every dick you come across... equally impossible.

I reckon.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
'
LOL

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
'

/thread

The same way Biden got the Whitehouse.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
'

/thread

The same way Biden got the Whitehouse.

biden is part of the UAW family. They claim him and cheer for him enthusiastically.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Joe's first day in office he had 11K of my brothers laid off from the Keystone pipe line.A lot of us union tradesman arn't listening to the bull$hit leadership!😡💩🤡🤡🤡🤡

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by garddogg56
Joe's first day in office he had 11K of my brothers laid off from the Keystone pipe line.A lot of us union tradesman arn't listening to the bull$hit leadership!😡💩🤡🤡🤡🤡

Exactly 💯

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Exactly 💯

But your dues are paying for his re-election campaign.

MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C

All this time I thought Manhattan was solid granite.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Union officials don’t care what the “rank and file” think. The sole purpose of the union is to raise money for the DNC.

Sam......

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Exactly 💯

No they are not, that is where you are dead wrong

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Exactly 💯

Your local is not a part of a national?

MAGA
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Exactly 💯

Local 798 is part of the UA, but our Local doesn't use dues to support political candidates

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Exactly 💯

Union dues do not go into what you call a reelection campaign fund? PAC /political action committee. Union members are not forced to pay into PAC. If you want a portion of your paycheck to go into it they will take it out. If not, they will not take it out, I opted out, none of my money goes into pac…

Last edited by BamBam; 04/25/24.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Exactly 💯

Local 798 is part of the UA, but our Local doesn't use dues to support political candidates

But they kick up a payment to the national correct?

It’s like planned parenthood saying they don’t use taxpayers money to kill children. But the money they “don’t spend” on one thing frees up money to spend on the other thing.

Unions fund democratic campaigns.

MAGA
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

FACT!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Exactly 💯

It’s like planned parenthood saying they don’t use taxpayers money to kill children. But the money they “don’t spend” on one thing frees up money to spend on the other thing.

Kick up a payment To the national? I’m not too sure what you mean. political funding comes through PAC. They only get funding for political funding from those who contribute into PAC. I do not contribute it into PAC..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's not even about the union for me. I just can't remember the last time "traditional" allies of the DNC have publically called them out and said they're done with it.

Unions
African-Americans

Groups like that are not being open about dissatisfaction with the DNC - wayyyy too late to save our country but still, at least they've mentioned the rising water finally.
add Tulsi to that list too????

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe if Republicans would quit badmouthing unions things might improve. I am not talking about government employee and especially teacher unions. The white pipe liners, the Teamsters, and the paper mill workers I know are voting Trump. Maybe a kind word aimed at people who work for a living (they are called labor unions) might help. The Republicans are still. by and large anti union and almost 80 years ago the Republicans they overrode Truman's veto of the union busting Taft-Hartley Act. It's a wonder the Republicans can get the majority of the white union vote.

The right to work states are responsible in a large part for the illegal immigration. Strong unions would have kept them out of the trades. I call those states RIGHT TO WORK FOR LESS.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Union officials don’t care what the “rank and file” think. The sole purpose of the union is to raise money for the DNC.

I believe rank and file union members don't know this. They should, but the reptiles running the unions would never spill those beans to the "Proletariat".

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Exactly 💯

They do indeed, Gruff. It's not a lie, It's a damn lie when they say they don't.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'

/thread

Officers are voted in by the dues paying members. Anyone is free to run against any officer as long as they pay dues.

I've been elected 2 terms for our local VP, 3 terms for local President, also legislative chairman twice.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Exactly 💯

Kick up a payment To the national? I’m not too sure what you mean. political funding comes through PAC. They only get funding for political funding from those who contribute into PAC. I do not contribute it into PAC..

Do the locals send any any money to the national?

MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Do the locals send any any money to the national?

Sure, some do. Is there a point there?

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

Funny thing, my understanding is that union publicly endorsed Sleepy Joe over Trump. I guess they thought good ole Joe wouldn't do anything to harm them even though he said he would.

Far as I am concerned, they got exactly what they deserved.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RJY66

Funny thing, my understanding is that union publicly endorsed Sleepy Joe over Trump. I guess they thought good ole Joe wouldn't do anything to harm them even though he said he would.

Far as I am concerned, they got exactly what they deserved.

You assume that The Union actually gives a Schit about its members.

Unions don’t need Government help shutting down American manufacturing and mining, they have a very good track record of doing that all on their own.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
To use your concealed carry weapon, in most states, one must be in fear of death or serious bodily injury.

Not so with unions!

If a striking union worker feels you are imperiling his/her job, they can kill the offending non-union worker!

Don't believe me?

Look up the "Enmons Decision".
A union picket walker shot and killed a non-union dump truck driver crossing the picket line!
The shooter was charged with "obstructing a public thoroughfare" because the truck didn't clear the highway when the driver died! That's all! 🤯

The Enmons Decision is an offshoot of the Hobbs Act (1934).

The Hobbs Act, which makes it a federal crime to obstruct interstate commerce by robbery or extortion, does not reach the use of violence (which is readily punishable under state law) to achieve legitimate union objectives.

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 04/26/24.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
For the Union guys. Serious observation that I'd like a response to.
1. you are in the union
2. your union supports Biden/democrat's and their policies
3. therefore you support Biden/democrat's and their policies

How is there any other way to look at it? If you don't support your Union's policies, what do you do to try and change them?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Exactly 💯

The PACs are set aside money for political use.
Collected as such.

Consider it a beer fund.
From a side job you have to have because you can’t buy beer with your income.

It doesn’t free up wage earnings, because you couldn’t use them to buy beer.

My money does not go to the PAC.
About the only consolation I get, when they
“ Speak for tens of thousands of members”

Not sure how they know what we might want to say?
They sure as hell have never ask!

Often wish I was the type with the knowledge and ability to start a reform movement.
It would probably take off.
But then I’d commit suicide or get killed in a bungled robbery.

I
Am
Not
Suicidal!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by blairvt
1. you are in the union

How is there any other way to look at it? If you don't support your Union's policies, what do you do to try and change them?

Most places that anyone shops at accomplishes that.

What is the remedy? Quit working union? Forget the pension and benefits and just accept scrap wages so that at least it ain't going to a Democrat.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Huntz
Union Officials are voted in by the members that bother to vote. Just like Political elections .
No one votes them selves in . Bad Union officers get in by apathetic Union members . Just like Political officers.

I'm a member of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, my union falls under the umbrella of the Teamsters. I used to be UTU until I promoted to engineer. I've been in a labor union since 2012 when I hired out on the railroad. Ever since I hired out the old guys who hired on before 1985 were staunch Democrats, saying I needed to vote my job.

So I started under Obama and currently under Biden, my best four years on the railroad was under Trump. The work was as much as we could handle, and until the plandemic with its supply chain issues slowed things down. This last year the guys that have hired on recently have a bleak future for work as Bidenomics is going to cause more damage than Covid.

The heads of the unions are just another political class who are out of touch with its constituents. So when I vote, I vote for whomever isn't the incumbent. I don't know if that's the right vote or not as we get so little info on the candidates outside of our regional level. However, I want to disrupt the status quo. The national unions aren't in favor of the workers anymore IMO, they're just another political ruling (lobbying) class that wants to rub elbows with DC elites for a photo OP.

So I vote my job like the old guys said to do, and I tell everyone the same. I vote for the person that says and will actually try to stimulate our economy. As I told the first "old head" who told me I sounded like a republican, "Without an economy I don't work, and if Obama is so great why did we put 200 coal trains in storage when I was less than a year on the job?" The company never did pull all those trains out of storage, and under Biden we've been parking even more.

So of course I'm going to vote my job, I'm going to vote for the candidate that wants me doing mine. I left the UTU union because the President brought up a vote that would remove the conductor's job from thru-freight trains. It failed thankfully, but I promoted and got the hell out. I never understood how reducing working conductors by 2/3 was good for anyone but the companies bottom line and more than likely some sort of kickback to the UTU president. It sure isn't good for a bloated top heavy union to cut its dues by 66%.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1. you are in the union

For the Charlotte NC guys. Serious observation that I'd like a response to.

1. you are in Charlotte NC and therefore in Mecklenburg County
2.Mecklenburg county supports Bide/democrat's and their policies
3. therefore you support Biden/democrat's and their policies.

How is there any other way to look at it? If you don't support your City/County's 's policies, what do you do to try and change them?

The political climate in Charlotte, NC is moderately liberal.

Mecklenburg County, NC is very liberal. In Mecklenburg County, NC 66.7% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 31.6% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 1.7% voted Independent.

In the last Presidential election, Mecklenburg county remained overwhelmingly Democratic, 66.7% to 31.6%.
Mecklenburg county voted Democratic in the last five Presidential elections, after voting Republican in 2000.

https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/north_carolina/charlotte

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
1. you are in the union

How is there any other way to look at it? If you don't support your City/County's 's policies, what do you do to try and change them?

Mecklenburg County, NC is very liberal. In Mecklenburg County, NC 66.7% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 31.6% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 1.7% voted Independent.

In the last Presidential election, Mecklenburg county remained overwhelmingly Democratic, 66.7% to 31.6%.
Mecklenburg county voted Democratic in the last five Presidential elections, after voting Republican in 2000.

Will you stop with factual data and logic!?!

Makes me sick...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, me too.

The shrinks have told me it's an obsessive compulsive thing with smart people. grin

In it is contentment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Pssst, there is a Yuge difference between being a conservative while living in a liberal hell hole and claiming to be a conservative while sending monthly payments to the Democrat Party

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
1. you are in the union

👍

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pssst, while being a conservative living in a liberal hell hole is one paying taxes to the local Democratic administration to further their agenda? Shopping in places that send money to their local politicians. Owning a business with employees that vote D?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The sun rises in the east
Union leadership drives the vote and they will vote democrat. No doubt many will not, but enough to make a difference
Negroes always vote democrat (in the 90 percentile)
Jews practically the same ~ 85%

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Pssst, there is a Yuge difference between being a conservative while living in a liberal hell hole and claiming to be a conservative while sending monthly payments to the Democrat Party

How about if the same person in a union makes personal donations to Republican candidates? I donate more to local and state candidates, nothing to the RNC but have sent Trump money. I have no choice but to be in a union if I want my job.

I could decide to take a non-union job or start a business, but the average income where I'm living is $28-32K per year. So not much support with a small buisness either around here. The average cost of a house is $250K. I earn 4X that with my job. It allowed my wife to stay home while rasing our daughter and not worry about the necessities. I only live 55 miles from my aging parents (83 & 78) as well, so I can help them often.

I don't agree 100% with the union and how they operate. I did need to feed, house, and put clothes on a family. As a man and a father it was my privilege and responsibility to do so. I've had to make some sacrifices to take care of those important to me, and tonprovide them opportunities they wouldn't of had otherwise.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm actually in Cabarrus Co, but even if I was in Meck Co your argument makes no sense. Nobody tells me who to vote for. I don't join any clubs to support Libs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm actually in Cabarrus Co, but even if I was in Meck Co your argument makes no sense. Nobody tells me who to vote for. I don't join any clubs to support Libs.
No one in any union I ever belonged to told me who to vote for.

Your experience, if you were ever a union worker, might have been different.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m a union member, have been since 1971: I voted for Trump both times, and I will again!!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I’m a union member, have been since 1971: I voted for Trump both times, and I will again!!!!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Same here, I donated 1000 bucks to Trump national committee, I do my part.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by BuzzH
'

/thread

Officers are voted in by the dues paying members. Anyone is free to run against any officer as long as they pay dues.

I've been elected 2 terms for our local VP, 3 terms for local President, also legislative chairman twice.
How much cock was sucked to get there🤣🤣

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Y'all are federal bureaucrats, not even in the class with actual working people. There is a huge difference between government employees and labor. I've done both, have you?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by Huntz

I'm a member of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, my union falls under the umbrella of the Teamsters. I used to be UTU until I promoted to engineer. I've been in a labor union since 2012 when I hired out on the railroad. Ever since I hired out the old guys who hired on before 1985 were staunch Democrats, saying I needed to vote my job.

So I started under Obama and currently under Biden, my best four years on the railroad was under Trump. The work was as much as we could handle, and until the plandemic with its supply chain issues slowed things down. This last year the guys that have hired on recently have a bleak future for work as Bidenomics is going to cause more damage than Covid.

The heads of the unions are just another political class who are out of touch with its constituents. So when I vote, I vote for whomever isn't the incumbent. I don't know if that's the right vote or not as we get so little info on the candidates outside of our regional level. However, I want to disrupt the status quo. The national unions aren't in favor of the workers anymore IMO, they're just another political ruling (lobbying) class that wants to rub elbows with DC elites for a photo OP.

So I vote my job like the old guys said to do, and I tell everyone the same. I vote for the person that says and will actually try to stimulate our economy. As I told the first "old head" who told me I sounded like a republican, "Without an economy I don't work, and if Obama is so great why did we put 200 coal trains in storage when I was less than a year on the job?" The company never did pull all those trains out of storage, and under Biden we've been parking even more.

So of course I'm going to vote my job, I'm going to vote for the candidate that wants me doing mine. I left the UTU union because the President brought up a vote that would remove the conductor's job from thru-freight trains. It failed thankfully, but I promoted and got the hell out. I never understood how reducing working conductors by 2/3 was good for anyone but the companies bottom line and more than likely some sort of kickback to the UTU president. It sure isn't good for a bloated top heavy union to cut its dues by 66%.

You're a "hoghead" huh?
I was a "mudhop" for 15 years.
BRAC (clerks) sold us down the river when they started computerizing way bills and train lists. (mid 70's)
"Iron wheels" is about all today's railroads have in common with the railroads of twenty years ago!

If I'm not mistaken, the BLE (Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers) combined with the BRT (Brotherhood of Railway Trainmen) to become the UTU (United Transportation Union).
Best I recall, the UTU didn't do a good job of representing both.
When the RR's cutoff all the brake men to go to the two man crews, I can only surmise the BRT.
With the two man crews consisting of an engineer and conductor, are both BLE?

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 04/26/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

LOL, not near enough to offset what you paid to the Democrat Party

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

What a hysterical Karen you are Steve...

Your brokedick VJJ ain't never given no dime ta nobody...

BTW... Refresh me on Board Feet sumtime.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

+1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

You know what Steve, [bleep] YOU!!!! you never satisfied no matter what you’re never ever satisfied. What did you put into Trump‘s national committee? You don’t like unions,too effing bad. You probably just pissed off you never could get into a union and make some decent money.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You know what Steve, [bleep] YOU!!!! you never satisfied no matter what you’re never ever satisfied. What did you put into Trump‘s national committee? You don’t like unions,too effing bad. You probably just pissed off you never could get into a union and make some decent money.
Doesn’t change the FACT that you are funding Trump’s enemies in exchange for your Thirty Pieces of Silver. Enjoy

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
If I'm not mistaken, the BLE (Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers) combined with the BRT (Brotherhood of Railway Trainmen) to become the UTU (United Transportation Union).
Best I recall, the UTU didn't do a good job of representing both.
....With the two man crews consisting of an engineer and conductor, are both BLE?

No, the BLE and UTU have never merged. They are still two separate unions.

Doesn’t change the FACT that you are funding Trump’s enemies in exchange for your Thirty Pieces of Silver. Enjoy

It also doesn't change the fact that if you live in the USA everyone here probably contributes more to the Democrats than Trump. Any technology you use that comes from a major tech company gives more money to the DNC in a year than most unions. Before you call people out, take a look around your house. Do you see any Amazon boxes, use AT&T or Verison, how about Apple, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, or Microsoft? If you do then your as big of a Judas as those you're calling out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I left the UAW for supporting Hillary.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Union Workers seem to be slow learners......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eat me Toby!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The real question here is...

If you have the need to buy a new car will you:

A) Buy one made by Union employees?

B) Buy one made by non-union employees?

--------------------------------------

If you have the need to send children to a K-12 school... will you:

A) Send to send them to one with Teacher Union employees?

B) Send to send them to one with no Teacher Union employees?

That kinda thing...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If you have the need to buy a new home... will you:

A) Buy one built exclusively with Union employees?

B) Buy one built with regular craftsmen/tradesmen?

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing
If you have the need to buy a new home... will you:

A) Buy one built exclusively with Union employees?

B) Buy one built with regular craftsmen/tradesmen?

I'll buy the house my wife wants, regardless of who built it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unions saved America and then they ruined it.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag

None of the union bashing here makes any sense. Maybe it did in '65 in the Carolinas.........................

Make it make sense first.

Toss the benefits and take a significant pay cut just so that I know I would contribute less to the dnc? That makes zero sense.

Would have to quit shopping wal mart as well, half their political donations go to the dnc. The other grocery store here is union.

I am going to the trapping class at the local F&G office. Maybe I should stop engaging in anything ran by the gubment too? Naw, I want to trap.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Originally Posted by 12344mag

None of the union bashing here makes any sense. Maybe it did in '65 in the Carolinas.........................

Make it make sense first.

Toss the benefits and take a significant pay cut just so that I know I would contribute less to the dnc? That makes zero sense.

Would have to quit shopping wal mart as well, half their political donations go to the dnc. The other grocery store here is union.

I am going to the trapping class at the local F&G office. Maybe I should stop engaging in anything ran by the gubment too? Naw, I want to trap.

When you advocate for a POS like Tester because he’s “pro-labor” there is going to be very little common ground politically

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Steve4102
Doesn’t change the FACT that you are funding Trump’s enemies in exchange for your Thirty Pieces of Silver. Enjoy[/quote]

taylorce1 is spot on correct.
The largest freight mover in the U.S. is the railroads.
I can't think of a single railroad that is not union!
Truckers, bless their pea picking hearts are second.
Not all truckers are union. Lot'sa independent contractors!
Not sure where airlines fall in volume, but I'm sure they're up there.

Honestly, I have absolutely NO love for unions...BUT...if you removed everthing made or moved by union hands, you'd probably be living in a hand hewn log cabin eating home preserved goods with hand carved wooden utensils!
Food, clothing, tools, GUNS.... Just about anything needed for everyday life.
So, whether you want it to or not, a percentage of what you spend on a daily basis falls into union hands.
Que sera, sera!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,986
Posts18,499,825
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.