-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Illumination is THE great equalizer and they do it well. Hint.

Just sayin'..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ronc
Originally Posted by bugs4
Anyone actually tested these things on a scope checker? ?

What's a scope checker?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 shot each at 425yards with Howa Mini 6ARC and Arken LH4 4-16 scope. What I use for a scope checker.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot steel to 1600yds+. Hint.

Thus far,I've yet to see a Barkin' Arken bobble,or a New Age Reupold that didn't. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lying Karen will eventually find a rifle that shoots good, or maybe a shooter that can shoot it good. HINT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep nipping heels and Pretending aloud,like THE Brokedick CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit that you are,despite it being your only "move"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You've never even "seen" a Skookum Rifle,let alone "shot" one,but you can "afford" to "live" vicariously. Hint.

Scope checker. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Gentlemen, I started this question to glean information regarding Arken optics. Please show some decorum and respect for a simple question. It was NOT my intent to start a quarrel. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have spent some time on this web site, snipers hide, and a few others looking for info on an affordable scope that functions well. As I mentioned earlier, It needs to have decent glass, track well, return to zero, have illumination, preferably 30mm, FFP.

No matter where I look I keep reading try the Pacific rim countries and Japan. I would rather not buy a scope made in china.

I know this is an Arken thread. But what are some other options available?

Apples to apples comparison please.

I already own Trijicon credo's, Leupold VX5 HD and VH6 HD's, Vortex, Had a couple of Zeiss scopes, I have owned many more.

I would really like to get nightforce. But I have been retired for some time now. Fixed income sucks when buying toys.

So again, I will reiterate, apples to apples comparison please. Including the affordable price point.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
My last Leupold scope had to be returned for repair twice. THEN, it was sold. I have looked at SWFA. Quite frankly I do not want to spend a lot of $$$ on a scope I will use infrequently. Can I afford an expensive scope? Yes! Can I justify an expensive scope? NO! The Arken line has been suggested by a very experienced handgun shooter/hunter. This is the reason of my initial posted question regarding the Arken line.
BTW, I have many older Leupold USA manufactured scope. The older ones still perform well. The newer ones I have little confidence. Also own a few Burris scopes that perform well. But, inquiring about Arken. It is NOT my intent to start a quarrel. Merely looking for information. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Trijicon scope "luck" isn't great. I'm lukewarm at BEST on my Trijicon Credo HX 1-8x. Everything but the internals,are superb. Waiting on a GrandBaby to get dropped off and will try to get warm/fuzzy in said scope's regard,before it gets yanked to ride the pine. 338 Twat-Six formed Lapooey,230 ELD Smooches at 2600fps. Hint.

My Reupold MK4 and MK5 HD's are total fhuqking garbage. Hint.

Vortex has never made anything worth a fhuqk. Hint.

I'm thinking I'll grab a Zeiss LRP S3 425-50,if only for the 46.5 Mil erector,for LR Rimfire Pursuits. Hint.

NightFarce has long had a grip on guts,but struggled with reticles,especially FFP. I suffer a few and am in love with their NX8 1-8x with FFP DM-X reticle,as it's fhuqking amazing. The 2.5-10x is close to great,but fhuqking SFP Mil-R. Thinking about tossing a NX8 2.5-20x F1 Mil-XT on a Montucky Six Twat-Six. I hate their fhuqking push button bullschit illumination "control" and MUCH prefer a rheostat ala 1-8x. Hint.

It's actually fairly fhuqking amazing,how many Manufacturers botch optics and how squarely Barkin' Arken NAILS same. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trijicon - Stick, any ACOG time? Thoughts there? Pervasiveness in the .mil has me thinking "gtg" but never know. Kinda thinking one on a SHTF AR type thing.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never heard of 'em. Hint.(grin)

Interesting how well a 308 BDC jives AR driven 75 Hornie HPBT's. Great platform to hand guests and simply say "connect dots",so they can blow their own minds. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Got it - thanks. I'll talk to my guy....

Me

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by ronc
Originally Posted by bugs4
Anyone actually tested these things on a scope checker? ?

What's a scope checker?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 shot each at 425yards with Howa Mini 6ARC and Arken LH4 4-16 scope. What I use for a scope checker.........

😁

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only as per always,today was a Scope Checker day. Hint.

5yr GrandBaby was cool with checking Red Dots and it's a nice arrangement. Hint.

Just sayin'................

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I rather like the LH '16x Mil/Mil in VPR. Hint.

I'm unaware of a Barkin' Arken 1-10,but have their 1-8x LPVO and it's sound. Front and center here. Hint.

Just sayin'.....................
yes correct it's 1-8 I guess my mind went blank when put 1-10

thanks for the input and correction

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.