Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I bought 2 from Amazon a few months back, when they were $99. No problems here. Better buy them while they are still available. When they are gone, they are going to be $200.00. Trust me on this one.. I wouldn't buy a regular FFII, but I would buy the one with the ballistic plex reticle. That is the selling point of this particular scope.

I paid 109. They are now 189. So close bud.

They're $159

https://www.amazon.com/Burris-Fullf...;sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

3x9x40 yes, I bought the 4.5x14x44.

Ah- makes sense.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
For $159 it's still a good deal. I have a couple of them still in the boxes and might buy another. Even if you like higher end optics they're great as back up scopes.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The 2-7 ballistic plex I have is a great scope. Light and bright.

Wish they had some more of those for sale.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
On Ebay, a new one is selling for $160, used is $140.

Anyone know how different the Fullfield II is from the new Droptine?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by czech1022
On Ebay, a new one is selling for $160, used is $140.

Anyone know how different the Fullfield II is from the new Droptine?

I've read that the focus turns with the power ring on the FF II but not so on the Droptine.
(I don't own a Droptine so I can't confirm that.)

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Droptine has traditional power selector, FFII eyepiece rotates to adjust power. I have both and can't tell a lick of difference between them, aside from how you adjust scope magnification.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
When looking just remember Burris MPN for the 3-9 Ballistic Plex is 200162

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks for the responses - sorry, I seem to have hijacked the thread.

I picked up 3 Fullfields over the last couple of years - whenever I'd find one on sale. I can't tell any difference between them and my Leupold VX1 with long-range dots - except the Burris Ballistic Plex is actually more useful...

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The only thing I dislike is the rotating eyepiece on these. You can’t use a flip up cover, so I just use a bikini one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What is the total mounting length on the 3-9s?

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I measured one of mine and see at least 5.75”

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by spence1875
The only thing I dislike is the rotating eyepiece on these. You can’t use a flip up cover, so I just use a bikini one.

That is an issue. Years ago I was talking with someone at SWFA about a scope and he mentioned that he only kept a cover on the front. He said he always carried the rifle with the muzzle up so it wasn’t a problem. It’s an idea I have thought about.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don’t like the rotating eyepiece, but not because of flip-up covers because I don’t like those either. I buy the E1s, which are often cheaper than the FFIIs.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I buy the E1 when I can.

They are both good deals I think.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by WoodsyAl

That is an issue. Years ago I was talking with someone at SWFA about a scope and he mentioned that he only kept a cover on the front. He said he always carried the rifle with the muzzle up so it wasn’t a problem. It’s an idea I have thought about.

I like a little hood made from foam rubber and an old bicycle inner tube on the ocular. The pic is not of a FF2 but if you have reasonable clearance with the bolt handle it'll work with a FF2. I keep my 2-7 FF2 on 2x 99% of the time so, it's not too much of an inconvenience. Definitely not ideal, though. If you hunt in rain or snow often, you have to have something on there. Even if it's not snowing, if you're moving through tight spruces covered in 6 inches of snow and may need to shoot fast, a hood is the best thing I've found.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by RLA
Originally Posted by Partagas
Nice, would you guys trust this scope on a springer air rifle?
I called Burris and ask them same question, they said no because of wire reticle.
Guy suggested the E1 because he said it had an etched reticle.

Doesn't the FF2 have an etched reticle? Not that you should put it on a springer, I just thought it was etched. Looks etched. I've been wrong before, though.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1eyedmule

I like a little hood made from foam rubber and an old bicycle inner tube on the ocular. The pic is not of a FF2 but if you have reasonable clearance with the bolt handle it'll work with a FF2. I keep my 2-7 FF2 on 2x 99% of the time so, it's not too much of an inconvenience. Definitely not ideal, though. If you hunt in rain or snow often, you have to have something on there. Even if it's not snowing, if you're moving through tight spruces covered in 6 inches of snow and may need to shoot fast, a hood is the best thing I've found.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by RLA
I called Burris and ask them same question, they said no because of wire reticle.

Doesn't the FF2 have an etched reticle? Not that you should put it on a springer, I just thought it was etched. Looks etched. I've been wrong before, though.
Have you looked at the BC Blizzard scope lens covers?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have one of these scopes, put it on my LAW .308 Winchester. My wife likes it very much, she wanted to use it on her Kansas deer hunt.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RLA

Never knew that, though it should be obvious once you look at the E1 ballistic plex everyone loves to hate.

I like the neoprene covers with the tether. They add a bit of protection under the gun sock in the safe, and while I can lose almost anything, I’ve yet to lose one of those…..

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by 1eyedmule

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by RLA

Have you looked at the BC Blizzard scope lens covers?

Yes and they're a decent option. What I like about the hood is that I can be at port arms with my left thumb on the nub of the objective cover and my right thumb on the safety while stalking through snow covered spruces and if I have to shoot fast it's effortless. At least for me, flipping the ocular cover with the thumb of the safety hand is too much. For FF2's the hood also eliminates the hinge which can be a clearance issue depending on magnification.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With the Blizzard, there is no need to flip up the ocular cover at all for short, quick shots.

1 member likes this: ttpoz
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (beefan, 35, 308ld, 808outdoors, 338reddog, 7 invisible), 927 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,261
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.