-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife has one and loves it! She carries it in the glove compartment of the car. her theory? At car-window distance, why worry about aiming?

Needless to say, I do not appraoch the car unless she knows I am there...................

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh! On another note, for many,many years, i worked part-time in a gunstore, and one of the old hands there would always recommend to ladies who came in 410 and 20ga (sometimes 12 for the BBW) single-shots (we kept a number with barrels cut to 19"or so) with low-brass bird shot. His theory? It won't go thru apartment walls and how much could it really spread across a bedroom?

This was a heated debate for many years int he store, and one day, a local surgeon was in and overheard our guy giving his sh-peil to a lady and her beau. the beau was discounting it, but the surgeon stepped up and told them both that he had been wondering who gave that advice. Seems that over the last few years, he had multiple times had to pick a large amount of birdshot and the odd wad as well out of criminals, caught in process of breaking into a home. Way that guy described it, the recipient was going to be plenty sore for a long time, and lost alot of muscle and skin and nerves as a result of having to pick all that crap out of them, so I guess that old guy was right.

I think that is the point of the Taurus judge

Last edited by iambrb; 05/05/10.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
M
M
Greetings!

Since this revolver really wasn't developed with shooting .45 Colt cartridges in mind, I wouldn't waste my time with them. The ability to do so merely allows it to be sold without the 'Tax Stamp'.
I feel that Taurus missed the boat when they failed to develop a "T/C-Style" screw-in choke for this revolver; having done so would have greatly improved the shot patterns, and placed it into the "Handy-Gun/Small Game" category. I wouldn't mind hiking with a ".410 Shotgun" in a holster, that could pattern well enough for small game to 20-25yds.
Be Well, All!

M.T.Marfield:.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the Gunsmith forum here at the 'Fire... more Judge troubles.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...353/gonew/1/help_w_a_taurus_judge#UNREAD

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Makes me wonder, with indexing problems and lead shaving problems, can the indexing be so far off that the bullet couldn't go down the barrel and still be able to strike the primer?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,721
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.