Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

1961 Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifle, half-stock, single trigger, 30-06 cal. Gun is dated �65� on barrel, so that is the year. This is the late version MCA gun with tang safety. Action is butter smooth! Someone decided to remove the sights entirely, so they were turned off, then smoothed in that area only, and blued. 22� to boltface (as opposed to the 24� of my 1950 & 1952 half-stocks) No idea why! When I saw this, I thought it was just perfect for either reboring to 35 Whelen or rebarreling to 25-06 or 280 AI, but I have too many projects as it is. So, rather than leave this sitting in the cabinet till goodness knows when, I thunked that maybe someone here would want it more. Gun has no rust and is super-smooth. Barrel/bore appear to be very good, but could use a good cleaning. Sling swivels are there, barrel is floated, and the pad is in very good shape. The bases alone are $175-200!!! A word about that barrel length. This is the first 61 MCA half-stock gun I have seen, so I am not sure if some length was cut off the barrel, but darn if this thing doesn�t balance RIGHT! It is actually a bit handier than my other 24� guns, and darn near as nice as my Fullstock guns! The stock is free of cracks, but as you can see has been hunted with pretty good. There are some dents on there that are not too bad, but would require a good steam to remove. Checkering is still very good and sharp.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/iambrb/zzzz031.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/iambrb/zzzz035.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/iambrb/zzzz029.jpg[/img]
Now if you want it, I will not make a penny off ya � it is $625 shipped USPS Parcel Post, less insurance to an 01-FFL/CONUS. Only things I might be interested in trading for is a .270 cal (only) Higgins model 50, or possibly a Century Golani Sporter, maybe a Krico full stock in .222, or some other fullstock gun, but that is it. Anyway, look it over, and if you like then doe the I�LL TAKE IT thing, and we go from there, OK?

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
getting some questions about weight....it is about 8 lbs on my very poor excuse for a bathroom scale.

Last edited by iambrb; 07/03/10.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
cheapest that you will ever git 1

Last edited by iambrb; 07/03/10.

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You may see it on GB too.....can't sell here if there is a bid, so BUY NOW!

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
bump it, dawgs

_
IC B2

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
bumpin'

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
yep

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
yep

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
up

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
SPF!!!!

_
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, BamaCKC, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, 10 invisible), 1,205 guests, and 724 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,233
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.