Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by NH K9
Were you shooting black powder when you shot that "8 year old" deer in the azz? If not, did the Unique assist you in any way? Do you clean your guns prior to getting off your golf cart?

I don't use blackpowder or Unique in a .30-06. I've never shot a deer anywhere other than the heart. I don't clean my barrels. I do wipe the outside down with Breakfree CLP. I use BH209 in my muzzleloaders so I don't have to clean them.

You NEVER clean your muzzle loader? You never ever?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BlackHorn 209 is awesome.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Meaning no disrespect, Gentlemen (Swampy excluded) but why are you responding to this troll at all?

As a fart in church, it brings momentary discomfort, but then dissipates and is just a rude memory, so should ANYTHING he posts.

Just my $0.02

Ed

I always dial my azzwhole setting over to the "Farts smell like little white Mints" setting before farting in church.

Jeez, Man,...you're really RUDE, aren't you ?

Go read your azzwhole owner's manual, play with your settings,....and than get back to us grin .

Oh,..GFY, Swampy.

You never HAD a setting, other than smelly and rank,...

Yes, Greg, I am REALLY rude! I interject myself into conversations that I should really stay out of and call my brethren accountable for fanning the flames of eternal stupidity.

I got the idea from changing the settings on my patented "Azzhole-O-Matic" attitude adjustment device, and followed the settings of a well known curmudgeon Border Rat whom I call Friend! grin

Y'all carry on, particularly the "DD Twins", who have it nailed! laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It must be awesome. I have found even white powder has to be cleaned once in a while to make things work right. I guess Black Horn 209 makes all other white and black powder obsolete!

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by derby_dude

It must be awesome. I have found even white powder has to be cleaned once in a while to make things work right. I guess Black Horn 209 makes all other white and black powder obsolete!

What is white powder? grin

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus wept...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Jesus wept...

So am I. I can't believe what i'm reading from Swamp.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."
- Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
"Digital Dan The Quote Man"
-MauserHunter (1942-2xxx)

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Meaning no disrespect, Gentlemen (Swampy excluded) but why are you responding to this troll at all?

As a fart in church, it brings momentary discomfort, but then dissipates and is just a rude memory, so should ANYTHING he posts.

Just my $0.02

Ed

I always dial my azzwhole setting over to the "Farts smell like little white Mints" setting before farting in church.

Go read your azzwhole owner's manual, play with your settings,....and than get back to us grin .

Oh,..GFY, Swampy.

Yes, Greg, I am REALLY rude! I interject myself into conversations that I should really stay out of and call my brethren accountable for fanning the flames of eternal stupidity.

I got the idea from changing the settings on my patented "Azzhole-O-Matic" attitude adjustment device, and followed the settings of a well known curmudgeon Border Rat whom I call Friend! grin

Ed

I'm working on an automatic "Idiot Detection" mode for my auto butt setting program.

In the presence of REAL idiots, it will shift from 'Little white Mint Farts" over to "Really RANK Chili Farts", without any manual input.

...........still in R&D,......and nothing you want to have in place on a first date, or a visit with old friends.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

And You're a [bleep]' idiot,

(stamps foot),.....Shoo !

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"It is my belief that nearly any invented quotation, played with confidence, stands a good chance to deceive."
- Following the Equator

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9
Were you shooting black powder when you shot that "8 year old" deer in the azz? If not, did the Unique assist you in any way? Do you clean your guns prior to getting off your golf cart?

I don't use blackpowder or Unique in a .30-06. I've never shot a deer anywhere other than the heart. I don't clean my barrels. I do wipe the outside down with Breakfree CLP. I use BH209 in my muzzleloaders so I don't have to clean them.

You haven't got the cajones to keep your own posts current, you loudmouthed cretin

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...66820/Re_1863_Sharps_Carbine#Post6366820

show some CLASS, and put THAT show back up,.....

Don't anybody hold their breath, waiting.

again,....this is a BPCR SITE,....[bleep] off, with your jivey white powder ranting.

[bleep] off and DIE

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no idea what you are talking about. That makes 2 of us.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Just my $0.02

Ed

Oh,..GFY, Swampy.

Ed

I'm working on an automatic "Idiot Detection" mode for my auto butt setting program.

In the presence of REAL idiots, it will shift from 'Little white Mint Farts" over to "Really RANK Chili Farts", without any manual input.

...........still in R&D,......and nothing you want to have in place on a first date, or a visit with old friends.

GTC

When you can get it to "Moose Stew with Greek Yogurt for dessert and a beer chaser" fart, let me know. That will be necessary for some old Sourdoughs I know. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good Gawd, that sounds, er, smells, uh....OMG!

I am..........disturbed.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It is known as the "Nuclear Option" or an alternate WMD, depending on which end you are on, giving or receiving. grin

Now that we've hijacked the thread, I'll turn it back over to the OP...

I was intrigued by the thought of BP for these old cartridges and began doing some reading.
It seems that there was some thought by Winchester put into reloading the .32 Special with BP as that was a common event back then. There was mention of the .32 being more suited to reloading with BP than the .30WCF as the bore was large enough to withstand more fouling.(?!?)

I also found mention about Marlin's Microgroove rifling being found suitable for cast bullets. No mention of hardness, velocities, or other details.

Ed

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You might want to read the last page of this thread. It talks about cleaning BH 209.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...6523035/7/recoil_of_smokeless_muzzleload

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is why I figure BlackHorn 209 would be the last black powder substitute I'd used for black powder. It sounds more like smokeless powder masquerading as black powder plus BlackHorn 209 is used to promote Montana Extreme products.

http://www.blackhorn209.com/specs/general-cleaning/

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
BH is a detuned smokeless powder. It's the only BP sub that has to be cleaned with smokeless solvents. All the rest are can be cleaned with soap and water, or just water if you like.

I guess to be a BP sub all it needs to do is measure in volume the same as BP with similar power.

It's biggest advantage is no swabbing between shots with no loss in accuracy. You can take 100 shots with no swabbing, and the 100th shot will load as easily as the first. It's also very consistent, and collect no moisture.

Hardly what BP, or subs should do, but there it is.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1badf350, 204guy, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,051 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,906
Posts18,498,179
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.