Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
sure as hell dont want to buy any 22 ammo.
dont want to carry anything down there and give it away.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The last several local gun shows I went to were simply a $7.00 donation to the show promoter - no nice old guns, no nice old knives, very little in the way of reloading components that I would want to buy. Did buy a pack of 100 targets - that was an expensive package!

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Always fun to look. And you never know when you may find a nice old collector gun.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After what happened over the past few days in Boston, there may very well be a jump in demand for guns, depending on type. I'm sure there are going to be some people in the Boston area reassessing their personal security situations after being locked in their houses, hoping and praying that a radical Muslim terrorist with explosives wasn't going to break into their house with the police minutes away.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm not. Heard a couple explain how they are religious and all they did was huddle and pray.

I'll take a gun, I can pray later.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell Steely, you can pray at the same time you are using that gun!

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

you can pray at the same time you are using that gun!

"Oh Lord, let my judgement be correct, my aim true, and my gun flawless in it's function".

Oughta work in a pinch (as long as you're not in a Gun Free zone).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still enjoy going, especially when weather is lousy.

Better than most alternatives, and who knows, you might find a deal of a liftetime, or run into a friend.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haven't been to one in 5 or more years.........

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Mako25
or run into a friend.

I decided to go wait in line for the local Wally World to open at 7am the other day. Bumped into an old gun nut friend that I haven't seen in 35 years. Also picked up some hard to find .17

MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't been to one in 5 or more years.........

I still go on ocassion (perhaps two or three a year). The last couple, I actually sold some rifles. That was a unique change of pace!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bumped into an old gun nut friend that I haven't seen in 35 years. Also picked up some hard to find .17

Neat!

You'd have done neither, had you sat in the recliner, flippin' channels.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

"Oh Lord, let my judgement be correct, my aim true, and my gun flawless in it's function".

that's about what I had painted on my bow, but I substituted arrow for the gun part. grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I go to quite a few gun shows, as many as I can actually. Wheelin' and dealin' is quite the hobby.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Mako25:
I hope that this finds you and yours doing acceptably well on this overcast Saturday morning.

I'm at work, taking a wee break as I've been here for 3 hours already and won't be gone for awhile.

Your comments reminded me of one of my favorite Mel Gibson scenes - the prayer being right up front for those who wish to forgo the remaining scuffle.

Our eldest daughter and I have been going to the local gun show together for the last 3-4 years and we were there again last weekend.

She ended up with a couple good used pocket knives and we picked up another SAK for her sister too. I ended up with a bolt for a Mauser 98 action that's been sitting in the safe for too long now waiting for me to get struck by inspiration. It's a clean VZ24, so I really should do "something" with it someday.

Anyway, while we didn't pick up any new firearms from the show, we followed last year's trend and ended up with an addition to the family battery afterwards.... laugh

If I ever don't have to work weekends, I'll try to do a bit of a photo essay on how lever guns get reworked at our place - oh, the new addition is an older 336 Marlin in .30-30, so it'll make a nice camping and firewood cutting companion.

Anyway Jeff, I just really wanted to send you greetings from the not so sunny Okanagan this morning and wish you and yours the best in the upcoming week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I went to a gun show not long ago. I carried my old model 63 22 with professional satin blue job and some of the most beautiful,highest contrasting, flame and feathercrotch $2000 walnut you have ever seen. Old fart at his gun table wanted to look at it and told me that altering it had ruined it as for as having any value.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A bad day at a gun show is better than a good day at work. Last one I went to was pretty good. I scored a bandoleer of 8X57 ammo. Prices on everything is coming down. Rimfire ammo prices were still insane but I stocked up on that a couple years ago.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've met more idiots at gun shows and gun shops then anyplace else. Well maybe a public range.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
$13 + $9 to park. I needed to save more than that to make it worthwhile. .223 ammo prices were a little high but I will have the brass to reload. Odds and ends were pricy and some were low quality. Reloading stuff same, or higher than LGS and big box stores. I just can't seem to stay away though.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$13 + $9 to park. I needed to save more than that to make it worthwhile.

I view the shows as entertaiment, similar to say, a car show.
One advantage this form of entertainment offers, is the possibility of long lasting gain (in the form of a firearm, shooting supplies, literature, optics, knives, etc.). Yet another advantage this form of entertainment offers, is the possibility of financial gain, via a "good deal", or the sale of wares.

Not many bowlers, golfers, or movie goers can make the same claim for their entertainment dollars.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,886
Posts18,497,845
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.