-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Any of you fellas tried the Tree Lounge with the bow hunters attachment? Any other recommendations or opinions are welcome. Thanks, Chris.

Chris
GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Chris,
<br>
<br>My girlfriends dad has the Tree-Lounge with the Bow attachment and he loves it. It's all he hunts out of, but I've used 'em a time or two and I don't like them. Comfort wise they can't be matched, but they're a pain in the ass to set up befor daylight. I prefer API or Ol' Man. I've use the API "bowhunter" and the Ol' Man Vision and both are excellent and very comfortable themselves. Also, the API's and Ol' Man's are a HELL of a lot cheaper than the Tree-Lounge.............GH
<br>
<br>Chad

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
chris-- I agree with GH, in re the OL' Man. For all-around use, particularly if you spend some of your hunting time hunting a tree to shoot from, the portability and ease of attatching and climbing, the Ol'Man is very hard to beat. That mesh seating is much more comfortable than it appears and is very quiet and unobtrusive when you stand to shoot. I hunt the swamps of south Ala and have used the original Ol' Man for about nine seasons now and would be hard pressed to use anything else.--Bill

It's the hunt, not the kill.
Lin Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Take a look at BuckShot. I've tried several, including the Tree Lounge. It's the easiest to climb, UP & DOWN. Most secure feeling. Best posture. I use a Buckshot "Magnum".
<br>
<br>Tree Lounge are super comfortable, but a pain in the butt to climb. I know six hunters using the Tree Lounge. Five of them gave up climbing, secured the Lounge up top and affixed a ladder to the tree.
<br>
<br>PorkyPooh.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
API, Ol'Man, Summit are all good stands and I have tried differenct models of each. I bought a Lone Wolf 3yrs ago and love it. Quick, quiet, and light. I've sat all day and have been reasonably comfortable. I have the Alpha with the belt and got the sit/stand for my wife. She isn't into climbers so if Dad doesn't want it I may sell it. Check 'em out at www.lonewolftreestand.com.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I agree with Scott - I've hunted with a Lone Wolf Alpha Hand climber for 2 seasons, and it is GREAT!!! It's the lightest, most compact, quietest climber available... Before that I used an API grandslam, and a Summit saber - the grandslam would be my 2nd choice - it was very good... The Tree Lounge is very bulky to carry, and difficult to put on a tree quietly - besides, it positions a hunter WAY too far away from the tree for my liking...

- georgestrings

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

391 members (29aholic, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 204guy, 264mag, 50 invisible), 1,863 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,204
Posts18,524,197
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.