Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Has anyone tried the Mic Holster for their Glocks. Not sure if i will like it , but wanted to try and see. Here is my Glock 19 with the Mic Holster.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I use a Dale Frickie Zacchaeus holster. Basically the same thing. It works well for a Glock. If you pair it with a clipdraw it's a safe, secure, comfortable carry system. Loop the string around your belt and the cover comes off when you draw. Nothing I've found (and I've used a lot) have as small of a footprint as this system. The downside is if you needed to reholster quickly.

Works well if you're putting a Glock in a bag, pocket, or stowing it somewhere as well. Handy to keep around even if you don't use it as your main carry system.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The fit is really tight and the string really needs to be attached to the belt to get it off in a hurry . It would be a bitch to get off in a hurry if not attached .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yeah, that's why I loop it on my belt. It's not going to come off unless you intend for it to.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
That is for sure .

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very interesting concept, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after a couple of months of wearing in that manner.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I got a Saf-T-Block for my G20, after having thoughts of designing something similar. It snaps into the trigger system and prevents the trigger from being pulled, or the slide racked. Cab be used in any holster, and "pops" out easily with one finger. I drilled a hole in mine and tied it to the trigger guard with a piece of 80# dacron fishing line, so it stays with the pistol when I pop it out. Although my Glock friends kid me about it, not having an actual manual safety scares me., and having a trigger "safety" that is released by pulling the trigger is a damn joke.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw those at the shop recently and the guy next to me was buying his second one. He loves em.

BTW, I just got my XS sights in for the Shield. Did you order the Shield specific set or just the M&P set?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The first thing i did to my Shield was replace the sights with the Big Dot and they were specific for the Shield . Ordered them straight from the factory . They have to be fitted by hand , no sight pusher .
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wanted the standard dot and everyone on earth is out of them for the Shield, so I got the set for the standard M&P. XS says they're the same, except for the rear sight width, so I may need to file the base width down a bit. We'll see.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The regular rear sight is a little wide but not that much and you may be able to live it , you will know when you install it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Here is a view of the installed Saf-T-Block, showing how it fits around the trigger, blocking it from being pulled, or the slide racked, yet can easily be pushed out with a fingertip to make the pistol - G20 - instantly ready to fire.

[Linked Image]

There are Glock manual safety kits available that cost over $100 and require a gunsmith to install them, but this little gizmo does the job for under $20! With it you can use about any type of holster for safe Glock carry, or even slip the pistol in a pocket or inside a waistband without a holster - the trigger cannot be accidentally pulled by clothing - or an adversary. I "tethered" mine to the trigger guard with a short length of 80# dacron fishing line, so it isn't lost if I have to pop it out in a hurry.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
looks like it is set up for right hand shooters only

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I like that the MIC covers the trigger - most important aspect of a Glock holster.

So are you thinking of carrying IWB? If so, the slide of the pistol is gonna grind on your hide a bit unless you wear a tee shirt tucked in.

A G19 is too big to pocket carry IMO.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Texas99
I got a Saf-T-Block for my G20, after having thoughts of designing something similar. It snaps into the trigger system and prevents the trigger from being pulled, or the slide racked. Cab be used in any holster, and "pops" out easily with one finger. I drilled a hole in mine and tied it to the trigger guard with a piece of 80# dacron fishing line, so it stays with the pistol when I pop it out. Although my Glock friends kid me about it, not having an actual manual safety scares me., and having a trigger "safety" that is released by pulling the trigger is a damn joke.

Then carry a different pistol. Sheesh! The Glock system is just fine. Only one rule - pull the trigger and it goes BANG, everytime.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
How is that a holster? How is it carried?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Trying to wear it around your neck?! Looks like the worst holster idea I've ever seen.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'll try to post a few pics of one in use later to clarify.....

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm guessin it basically covers the trigger area for waistband carry. Tie it to belt so it will pull off the pistol on the draw.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Different maker than bea's, but same design:

[Linked Image]

Wrap around belt:

[Linked Image]

Run it through loop to secure to belt:

[Linked Image]

Rough shot of the amount of slack in the loop once secured:

[Linked Image]

I use it with a clipdraw as shown here. It can be used without the clipdraw so that it rides just from belt pressure. The loop should give some support, but I've never tried it, the clipdraw works well with it:

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 1,969 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,870
Posts18,497,544
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.