Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie

You admit my statement is true.

My (true)statement is in opposition with your quoted and highlighted statement. You agreed that someone with a normal electrical conduction system in their heart can throw a PVC.

That makes your blanket statement: "your pathways are defective" false, since we just agreed one can have PVC's without a defective conduction system.

Meethinks you need to take a logic 101 course.

Still can't refute the logic, eh?

Typical TRH crap. All blow, no show.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I've not forgotten the public retraction/apology you still owe me. You said I made a claim of special knowledge on the electrocardiogram, yet you've yet to quote the post where you think I did that. That's because you can't. That's because it doesn't exist. So where's the retraction/apology. Men admit when they screwed up like that.

Um, this whole thread is about the electrophysiology of the heart.

You're gonna have to look real hard to find someone that would read this, then not laugh when you say you have not made a claim to understand anything about EKG's.

If it makes you feel any better, a few cardiologists at hockey this morning thought you were really, REALLY funny. Wrong, but funny.

Just five minutes ago I showed your posts to the entire cardiology staff at Shands (I offered coffee and donuts to get them all together). They laughed and laughed, so I guess we're even.

See how easy it is to make schit up? smirk

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You admit my statement is true.

My (true)statement is in opposition with your quoted and highlighted statement. You agreed that someone with a normal electrical conduction system in their heart can throw a PVC.

That makes your blanket statement: "your pathways are defective" false, since we just agreed one can have PVC's without a defective conduction system.

Meethinks you need to take a logic 101 course.

Still can't refute the logic, eh?

Typical TRH crap. All blow, no show.

I've responded to this already, several times. It makes no sense to repeat the question when it's been asked and answered.

PS Still waiting for the retraction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just five minutes ago I showed your posts to the entire cardiology staff at Shands (I offered coffee and donuts to get them all together). They laughed and laughed, so I guess we're even.

See how easy it is to make schit up? smirk

That's called projection. Just because you do something all the time (make schit up) doesn't mean everyone else does it.

So, to clarify, are you accusing me of lying about what I do for a living? Lying about where I work? Or lying about breaking out the phone and showing this thread to a cardiologist or two at my Sunday morning skate?

If it makes it easier for you to answer, people on 24HC have run into me at Abbott Northwestern hospital......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've responded to this already, several times. It makes no sense to repeat the question when it's been asked and answered.

Actually, you have not. You assert that one has "abnormal pathways" in their heart's electrical conduction system if they have even one PVC, yet someone with a perfectly normal electrical conduction system in their heart can have PVC's. (You even agreed to that)

That makes you an "ignorant moron," to quote a friend who's board certified.

whistle

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If it makes it easier for you to answer, people on 24HC have run into me at Abbott Northwestern hospital......
Your credibility with me, after the EKG lie (yet to be retracted), and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at a cheap diner.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your credibility with me, after the EKG lie (yet to be retracted), and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at a cheap diner.

Again, you've argued with me for how long about the electrophysiology of the heart?

So, at risk of using the logical fallacy of the false dichotomy, either you are still trying to say you know next to nothing about EKG's DESPITE ARGUING WITH ME ALL THIS TIME, or, through arguing the specifics of the heart's EP, you are retracting your previous feign of ignorance?

Which is it? If you know next to nothing about EKG's, and you are willing to say so, then why wouldn't you STFU and quit talking? Wait, you can't do that, so your feign of ignorance was a lie.....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Actually, you have not. You assert that one has "abnormal pathways" in their heart's electrical conduction system if they have even one PVC, yet someone with a perfectly normal electrical conduction system in their heart can have PVC's. (You even agreed to that)

That makes you an "ignorant moron," to quote a friend who's board certified.

whistle
The ignorant person here is the one whose argument has been refuted, but doesn't understand why.

Here you go: "The problem is that you believe this to be contradictory, when it's not. The pathways of people who have an anatomically normal conduction system can become temporarily abnormal due to caffeine or electrolyte imbalances. Which was the whole point of my early posts, i.e., the diet connection."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Again, you've argued with me for how long about the electrophysiology of the heart?

So, at risk of using the logical fallacy of the false dichotomy, either you are still trying to say you know next to nothing about EKG's DESPITE ARGUING WITH ME ALL THIS TIME, or, through arguing the specifics of the heart's EP, you are retracting your previous feign of ignorance?

Which is it? If you know next to nothing about EKG's, and you are willing to say so, then why wouldn't you STFU and quit talking? Wait, you can't do that, so your feign of ignorance was a lie.....
The EKG is a piece of diagnostic equipment. Since I don't administer EKGs, I have no reason to learn how to. What does that have to do with a layman's understanding of the basic functions of the heart, and its electrical system? It's a diagnostic tool for clinicians. Very valuable to them, but not to me, not being a clinician. If you cannot understand that there's no one-to-one identity between understanding basic heart function and a diagnostic test, I'm afraid your problems run too deep for me to be of any help to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The ignorant person here is the one whose argument has been refuted, but doesn't understand why.

Here you go: "The problem is that you believe this to be contradictory, when it's not. The pathways of people who have an anatomically normal conduction system can become temporarily abnormal due to caffeine or electrolyte imbalances. Which was the whole point of my early posts, i.e., the diet connection."

So, I shouldn't apologize because you ARE an expert?

You're an idiot. PVC's don't follow the normal conduction system of the heart, and in a perfectly normal heart, with no history of aberrant conduction, NOT EVEN ONE PVC or PAC, one can easily create a PVC in the cath lab by "tickling" the ventricle with a wire.

It happens all the time. That's why an interventional cardiologist laughed so hard at your idiotic statements.

The wire doesn't create some temporary pathway, the electricity simply follows the path of least resistance (though still inefficient, which is why the morphology is as it is on an EKG, but you know that....), usually through one of the ventricles.

It all takes place OUTSIDE of the heart's electrical conduction system, and in no way indicates the presence of a conduction abnormality in the heart.

But what would I know, I just see it every freaking time I pull a SWAN????

You are an idiot. Quit talking while you can, because you made a 100% factually incorrect (and very technical) statement. Deal with it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
And to your mind there's a one-to-one relationship between specific knowledge of the EKG process and general knowledge of the heart, right? See what I mean?

Uhmm yes actually there is a 1:1 relationship. If you don't understand how to interpret an EKG then you don't really understand how the heart is working I.E. what's wrong. ALL cardiac arrythmias are manifested on EKG.

Any fool can call NSR as its obvious but interpreting the Arrhythmia AND knowing how to treat it is the difference between life and death!

The man is a CCU nurse. That means he has made his living treating cardiac arrhythmias. I work in Emergency Medicine and have had ACLS for almost 20 years. I can tell you the man is spot on in what he had said!!!!

I figured I would just bump this, since you ignored it before.

And, your ignorance is showing again. An EKG machine is the equipment, an EKG is the actual physical representation of a heart's electrical activity printed on precisely graphed paper to allow interpretation by professionals.

By the way, you are not one of the professionals.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And, just to zero in again on why you are wrong, the electrical conduction system in a person's heart does not become "temporarily abnormal" as you say. What happens is a piece of the heart that would normally not act as a pacemaker becomes hyper-excitable and lets loose with am impulse of electricity. For a PVC, this is, by definition, somewhere in the ventricles. Then, that electrical impulse takes the path of least resistance through the heart, usually just one side of it, before petering out.

The fact that one can induce a PVC in a person with a perfectly normal conduction system simply by passing a wire through the ventricle and stimulating the tissue there completely refutes your assertion that any type of abnormal pathways are to blame, heck, they're not even involved.

Tissue outside of the conduction system (that would be pathway to you, laffn') is what is involved, but as a PACEMAKER, not a pathway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The pathways of people who have an anatomically normal conduction system can become temporarily abnormal

For the sake of clarity, please explain the normal conduction system of the heart. From the SA node down. Then, specifically detail exactly how that normal conduction system changes and becomes temporarily "abnormal" when there is a PVC.

Please be specific.

If you want, explain why it is so darn easy to recognize a PVC on a telemetry strip. Wait, doing that explains why you're wrong, my bad.....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm beginning to suspect that you're actually just a precocious little boy pretending to be a grownup on the internet. Your style of interaction gives you away. Adults with real jobs don't communicate like you do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm beginning to suspect that you're actually just a precocious little boy pretending to be a grownup on the internet. Your style of interaction gives you away. Adults with real jobs don't communicate like you do.

Normally, I don't. You, however, are providing me with much entertainment.

Watching you do exactly what people said you would via PM is rather intriguing. I'd never paid much attention to your posts before, but apparently arguing about stuff you don't know much about, then trying to pretend you were misunderstood or that the person you are arguing with doesn't understand you is your usual MO.

You just happened to jump head-first into a subject that is, by nature, VERY technical and detailed. You have just enough knowledge to keep making loops on the noose with the rope you're given. Then, people PM'd me and asked me to keep you going and see just how stupid you would be.

To be fair, I didn't think you would take it quite this far. I know I sure wouldn't try to argue about what BUD/S is like with a Navy Seal, since I was in the marines and have no clue, but you.....

....you're "special."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To either one;

[Linked Image]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dying here...

damn, that's funny...

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
To either one;

[Linked Image]

Too funny.

Been over for a while though

We're already at the "I don't believe that you are really an adult" and "people with jobs don't talk like you" part of the debate.

grin

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Normally, I don't. You, however, are providing me with much entertainment.

Watching you do exactly what people said you would via PM is rather intriguing. I'd never paid much attention to your posts before, but apparently arguing about stuff you don't know much about, then trying to pretend you were misunderstood or that the person you are arguing with doesn't understand you is your usual MO.

You just happened to jump head-first into a subject that is, by nature, VERY technical and detailed. You have just enough knowledge to keep making loops on the noose with the rope you're given. Then, people PM'd me and asked me to keep you going and see just how stupid you would be.

To be fair, I didn't think you would take it quite this far. I know I sure wouldn't try to argue about what BUD/S is like with a Navy Seal, since I was in the marines and have no clue, but you.....

....you're "special."

The above post illustrates what a piece-of-schidt you are, plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

The above post illustrates what a piece-of-schidt you are, plain and simple.

Like I said to you before:

You jumping into the fray was just an added bonus. It is funny because there isn't a single person here on 24HC that believes for one minute that you would simply let it go if confronted by someone talking smack about, say, high-elevation jumps, who posted something obviously technically wrong while trying to appear knowledgeable about said subject. Say someone acting like they knew what to do with their feet while jumping from a C-130 at 26k feet, where you actually ARE knowledgeable, they obviously are not, and they are incorrect in their statement in a way that is not only obvious, but demonstrates an obvious lack of in-depth knowledge.

You'd be all over that like a fly on chit, so you can spare me the righteous indignation.

You would do the same thing if someone was dumb enough to keep throwing softies into your wheelhouse.

Anyone who's watched you go round and round with Stick knows that for a fact, so spare me the righteous indignation BS medic-boy.

Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,920
Posts18,498,450
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.