Home
Posted By: bbassi How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Not trying to be an alarmist, but I wounder how many here are prepared to shelter in place or "self quarantine" if it came to it to protect their family? I'm talking food, water, medicine and possibly protective gear ample enough to survive without outside contact for what, a month, maybe more? Guns and ammo are great, but they won't help you against a virus.

Just a thought.

i am willing to self-quarantine, but i am not prepared. i will be if it takes off.

ked

Posted By: Teal Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
The last thing I'm going to do is admit I'm good to go while surrounded by those in a panic.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Guns and ammo are great, but they won't help you against a virus.

If police refuse to go to work for fear of contracting the virus, guns will be your friend.
Posted By: EdM Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Not at all. smile
Posted By: byc Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
I bought some Twinkies off e-bay during the scare. A-okay here!!
Posted By: BeanMan Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
I sold a guy a ton of pinto beans just before Y2K. He wanted to sell them back to me afterwards...
Posted By: luv2safari Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Originally Posted by byc
I bought some Twinkies off e-bay during the scare. A-okay here!!

I hoarded them and 22 ammo. whistle whistle

Got two wells on the property and a pack of barking dogs. I'm all set. wink
A breakdown of society would be a pefect fit for this administrations goals.
Posted By: Snyper Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Anyone NOT prepared for extended periods is a fool, regardless of Ebola
Posted By: rattler Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
ScottF is no longer in Washington....my whole plan is shot to hell cry
Originally Posted by rattler
ScottF is no longer in Washington....my whole plan is shot to hell cry

There's always safariman and his diarrheatic cats smile
dont think SF is set up to run his place off wood.....electricity goes out and you wont notice other than not being able to get on the internet at Scott's place grin
Posted By: denton Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Good question.

It might be an uncomfortable quarantine, but we've just updated our 72 hour kits and we keep frozen and canned food on hand. With a little help from our friends, we'd probably get by.

It's going to be interesting to see how this unfolds. Of the 16 doctors from Doctors Without Borders treating Ebola, 9 have contracted the disease. They probably didn't have proper equipment part of the time, but they are skilled in proper procedures. That's not encouraging. If one person gets it, their whole family will be at risk.

Still, I think we will do a pretty good job of containing it, and we won't have a major epidemic in the US.
Posted By: broomd Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Originally Posted by Snyper

Well said, and judging from this thread plenty of them here...
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Snyper

Well said, and judging from this thread plenty of them here...

no point for me, without easy access to modern medicine im phugged....im setup to weather a bad winter storm or two but no point for me to have a hell of alot stored.....im on a medication thats pointless for me to stockpile cause its half life is pretty damn short when not kept in perfect refrigerated conditions and even then its not long enough that i can afford to stockpile it as i cant rotate through it fast enough....i keep an extra months worth on hand but thats about it....
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
I'm kinda short on celery and tomato juice.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
I try and be prepared for most eventualities.

can't cover everything, but you do what you can.

I don't consider myself a prepper in one sense of the word, but I do believe in being prepared.

have my hidey hole to run to, whether it be out of control Ebola, some variation of a flu pandmeic (we're due btw for one of those)

and have the stuff I need to get by there for quite sometime.

most things considered, I'm better off at home and pretty well prepared there to weather the storm (earthquake is another matter) right there.

but for contagious diseases, or societal breakdown, where other folks are trying to get what you stocked up on

well I've got the hidey hole and the means to not only defend said hidey hole but have plenty of advance warning that someone's coming. IF they ever even discover there's folks down that holler.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
I'd be good till the summer, but I'd like to get a cow for milk.
thinking a cow and a half dozen Rhode Island Red's would be a good idea. And you have the space to accommodate.

Meeting my Dad tomorrow to discuss all of this. First thing we're planning is a second well. Just bought a bunch of Heirloom seeds for the garden.
Posted By: tzone Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Originally Posted by bbassi
Not trying to be an alarmist, but I wounder how many here are prepared to shelter in place or "self quarantine" if it came to it to protect their family? I'm talking food, water, medicine and possibly protective gear ample enough to survive without outside contact for what, a month, maybe more? Guns and ammo are great, but they won't help you against a virus.

Just a thought.

Do you have enough tin foil for all the hats in your house?

Just a thought.

I always maintain the ability to do that for a few months, if need be. Standard practice.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Guns and ammo......with these everything else is obtained
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Yeah but you have to leave the ranch to do so. I don't want to go anywhere when SHTF. Hunker down.
Posted By: memtb Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Not as prepared as we want to be, but probably much better-off than 90% of the general population. Location is critical, and so is food, water,lots of bleach( 50# of powdered calcium chloride makes a lot of bleach) and medical stores! memtb
Posted By: rgrx1276 Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Got 2 cases of MRe's, water, med kits, 500 dollars and a 30-06.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14

For what? Sometimes it is better to be dead...
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
I'm in a fairly urban setting....1.5 million legal residents and 1-2 million illegal residents. Gonna be pretty hard to do much from where,I sit surrounded by 3- 3.5 million other fuggers trying to make it. Our best bet is to break for the west if we have enough heads up, otherwise we'll do what we can and even consider Shrapnels view!
I jus got a box of Omaha steaks, should be good for a week or so.
I think the pack of dogs was the best idea so far; wonder if they'll all taste the same. I hear black dog is best. Any labs in the pack?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Goats are cheaper...for milk or meat.
Posted By: whelennut Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
What about toilet paper?
Don't forget that!
Whelennut
Posted By: ltppowell Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
I don't like shrimp and craps that much anymore, but I guess you can live off 'em.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Just adding to my post count.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't like shrimp and craps that much anymore, but I guess you can live off 'em.

I'm good with shrimp

[Linked Image]

Craps you say, is that a tex-mex dish?
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14

Yeah... until you run up against a man who also has guns & ammo, and he scatters your brains for trying to steal his goods. cool

L.W.

Posted By: Steelhead Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

But they attract ragheads

lmao

BAM!

case closed

did Bob teach you how to do that?

or did you just go over his notes while visiting K. ?
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Yeah... until you run up against a man who also has guns & ammo, and he scatters your brains for trying to steal his goods. cool

L.W.

This.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: How many are prepared? - 10/15/14
Wife and I could hole up for a year or more, with what I have set aside.
Originally Posted by tzone

Just a thought.

do folks that buy fire insurance for their house, year after year after year need tin foil hats too?

everyone has a different degree of risk assessment and probabilities I reckon.

but I like more than one type insurance.

I actually prefer the kind that doesn't have an annual premium. but apparently the mileage varies.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Y'all look me up if you run out of bacon.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14

grin

Well, ya gotta have somebody to herd them...unless you have a fence that will hold water...which is almost good enough to hold goats.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by memtb
Not as prepared as we want to be, but probably much better-off than 90% of the general population. Location is critical, and so is food, water,lots of bleach( 50# of powdered calcium chloride makes a lot of bleach) and medical stores! memtb

I believe that is Calcium hypochlorite that makes bleach.

Posted By: eh76 Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Why is canned bacon so damn expensive now? I remember buying it for 99 cents in college!
Posted By: fish head Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
I just stocked up on sardines, saltines, and natty lite so I'm good to go. grin
Posted By: JBGQUICK Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Ammo, MRE's and spare socks. Just like the good ol days.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Prepared is a subjective word.

It depends on the time you are talking about. Sustainability.

Sustainability with your environment. Water. Renewable food sources.

And the intelligence and ability to hold on to your stuff.
Posted By: memtb Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
458Lott,

You are correct!!! I need to take a little more time and proof-read before I post. Thanks for correcting before someone used my "bad" info. memtb
Posted By: irfubar Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
With the current events a person would be foolish to not be prepared!
Wasn't long ago the preppers would have been accused of having their tin-foil hat too tight.
Now it seems prudent to prepare for the worst.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Why is canned bacon so damn expensive now? I remember buying it for 99 cents in college!

Keith, how many years you been out of college??? smile Probably not as long as me. laugh
Posted By: deflave Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14

Just a thought.

We're good to go here. And I'm no alarmist.

Travis
Posted By: heavywalker Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
no stock here, but I hear the neighbors down the road are ready to go and don't believe in guns so we will do just fine.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
no stock here, but I hear the neighbors down the road are ready to go and don't believe in guns so we will do just fine.

I hope you are joking?
Posted By: funshooter Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Dambit I missed out on the Twinkies
Not to sure that I have enough but I have a little
Posted By: BeanMan Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Anyone want to buy some pinto beans? I've got a couple hundred thousand pounds of survival rations in 50 pound bags smile
Posted By: bubbajay Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14

Just a thought.

the wife is the only one with daily meds, so I guess the kids and I will have to eat her first, I may have to find a different place to start than what I am used to.
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Anyone want to buy some pinto beans? I've got a couple hundred thousand pounds of survival rations in 50 pound bags smile

Potential for a lot of methane eek

You are an idiot.

Nice to know that a BUNCH of you will be replacing ammo stockpiled, and helping to fine tune plans to DEAL with you and your compadres.

...an idiot, and a [bleep] JOKE.

[Linked Image]
Anybody got a youtube "link" for the Tedhorn style moron pictured above ?

GTC
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

I've been squirreling away stuff for over 10 years now, and we're a little closer to self sufficiency in a time of need, but it would still be tough. I try to buy an item we need out of each check. Sometimes it might be a can of food, or a box of ammunition, sometimes meds, or something else. I would say where I'm lacking is I really don't feel like I've got a very good bugout plan. I feel like it's easy to say, we'll all meet at spot XYZ in North Dakota, but all it takes is one bridge knocked out somewhere, one roadblock and you're plans are useless. My son moved to Indiana, so he's on his own now, cuz there's no way I'd go towards Chicago if something happened. Lots to think about, and hard to work it on a very limited budget. We'll keep putting stuff away as we can and hope for the best. We've probably got enough water, food, and survival necessities to hold out for at least a month. We just keep working on it and putting aside cash and precious metals just in case.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

Real WINNER, that.

Hell, maybe he's posting here as Tedhorn now.

GTC

It appears heavywalker is in the same camp as Tedthorn.?
Posted By: tedthorn Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Funny

Lock your doors.....the bad guys will just move on
Posted By: denton Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Just bought a little ~1 amp cell phone/tablet solar panel (rating is 7 watts). In times of trouble, a cell phone may actually be more reliable than the old landline. A little better, and a buck cheaper than mine.
Nope......most if not all of you seem a bit quick or just dim witted

If.....when it gets bad money or gold will have ZERO value

Guns and ammo will be better then gold......cary on
Funny

Lock your doors.....the bad guys will just move on

One would venture that you think your text is cryptic, and deep, momentous in it's gravitas and import.

Given that's the case,...YOU carry on, and enlighten us, the slower witted here, Ted.

GTC
Nope......most if not all of you seem a bit quick and dim witted

If.....when it gets bad money, gold or anything valuable will have ZERO value

Guns and ammo will be like gold......cary on

You sir are the dimwitted one!
Gold, silver etc... will eventually return to it's place of value as a currency, albeit for a short time until the manipulators take over again.
Food, clean water etc.. will all be valuable commodities but currency will be P.M's
Come around me with your gun trying to take whats mine and you will learn a harsh lesson.
If SHTF you will be an early casualty.
Yours speeks volumes 45 thousand post

Seems you have more to say than some

Teach us.....please
speeks ?

Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
that video was hilarious

I hope I can sleep tonight and don't have nightmares about tubby redheaded guys wanting to steal what meager supplies we have
Posted By: TexasPhotog Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by tzone

Just a thought.

Zing!
Posted By: watch4bear Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Keep pretending its all flowers smile

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/10...tal-in-this-country-if-we-have-to-152263

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/10000-ebola-cases-week-26179330

Posted By: rgrx1276 Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by shrapnel

For what? Sometimes it is better to be dead...

It's just a play on an old saying, "there's very little that can't be fixed with five hundred dollars and a 30-06".
Posted By: Steelhead Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by irfubar

It appears heavywalker is in the same camp as Tedthorn.?

It appears as if you have the sense of humor of a wet sock.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
I am very much amused by those that have eschewed any sort of preps. Tin foil hats indeed! Oh, and lets just belittle and beat up on anyone that does something a little extra to protect their family.
Posted By: Redneck Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I am very much amused by those that have eschewed any sort of preps. Tin foil hats indeed! Oh, and lets just belittle and beat up on anyone that does something a little extra to protect their family.
smile

Posted By: bbassi Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14

Those are likely the ones with the biggest hordes squirreled away.
Heck with you guys! We are prepared!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

grin I couldn't help it...I had to do it! grin

Those are likely the ones with the biggest hordes squirreled away.
No doubt.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
that video was hilarious

I hope I can sleep tonight and don't have nightmares about tubby redheaded guys wanting to steal what meager supplies we have

It's a terrible burden, isn't it?

....just knowing that HE is out there, somewhere, the ultimate "Apex Predator".

Greg
dang I'm headed to Keith's place!

if I take two bottles of good whiskey I know he'll let me in.

figure a 100 watt bulb in that room and dayum after the Apocalypse is over I'm gonna have a tan like dvdgeorge! All the chix will want me.

man I can hardly wait for this Apocalypse thing
Posted By: byc Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
I just shipped him 2 Randy. You and I are covered.
Posted By: KFWA Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
I'm not an expert by any means - and to be honest, after reading some of the books I've read, the people that wrote them aren't experts either

but between bugging out or staying put - unless I can't stay home due to chemical or disaster or whatever, then I am staying put.

Any epidemic or disaster that turns people against each other to the point you need a gun, unless you're planning to go underground and not see light of day, or you've decided to take what you can to some remote spot and eat berries - its going to require you form a community of like minded folks - otherwise you'll have a few weeks of living off your beanie weenies before a hoard shows up at your place to take whatever they can.

IMO, it won't end well no matter how well armed you are.

so in an urban or suburban setting, planning for more than 3 weeks is pretty futile. After that, its Mad Max.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
that video was hilarious

He better hope that nothing starts before he gets out of prison....
Originally Posted by eh76
Heck with you guys! We are prepared!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

grin I couldn't help it...I had to do it! grin

The only thing that's missing is a couple cases of sardines. grin
Originally Posted by byc
I just shipped him 2 Randy. You and I are covered.

good man David, but after our suntans while waiting out the Apocalypse are we gonna be offended if chix call us Redskins??? grin
KWFA, couldn't agree more, the little I've read about folks that have actually survived that sort of scenario, well it just doesn't look good for the lone warrior surrounded by hostiles.

having a hidey hole that is one of our favorite places to recreate is just a bonus.

Sunday night folks up and down the river will get together for our annual meet and greet.

Wouldn't be any day at the beach, but I think we could live there for 6 mos. to a year and do just fine, barring serious physical injury or disease.

have always heard the best way to survive a gunfight is to not get in one.

if the natives get restless I plan to be hard to find.

keep those EBT cards coming and the stores open massah Obama, we's counting on you
I have already formed a core group of friends with useful skills. Our idea is not to fend off invaders but to welcome those who can aid the group and contribute their skills/knowledge to the survival of the group - while weeding out the obvious slackers or worse.

We have a safe location picked out, it's at the junction of several roads so anyone traveling on those roads will be led to us.

We even have signs ready to post directing people:
"Sanctuary for All. Community for All. Those who arrive, survive."

Y'all come on down!

(but if you bring a black chick with a sword or a kid in a state troopers hat, we're gonna shoot you on sight...)
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I have already formed a core group of friends with useful skills. Our idea is not to fend off invaders but to welcome those who can aid the group and contribute their skills/knowledge to the survival of the group - while weeding out the obvious slackers or worse.

We have a safe location picked out, it's at the junction of several roads so anyone traveling on those roads will be led to us.

Y'all come on down!

(but if you bring a black chick with a sword or a kid in a state troopers hat, we're gonna shoot you on sight...)
Dang!
KWFA, couldn't agree more, the little I've read about folks that have actually survived that sort of scenario, well it just doesn't look good for the lone warrior surrounded by hostiles.

having a hidey hole that is one of our favorite places to recreate is just a bonus.

Sunday night folks up and down the river will get together for our annual meet and greet.

Wouldn't be any day at the beach, but I think we could live there for 6 mos. to a year and do just fine, barring serious physical injury or disease.

keep those EBT cards coming and the stores open massah Obama, we's counting on you

part of what drives my logic to stay put is I have more [bleep] than I can throw into the back of a truck or camper - and I honestly can't imagine where I would go where I would truly be away from people in a case of mass evacuation on 1 or 2 tanks of gas.

plus, I have a Ford so how far would I get anyways? (I keed, I keed)

now if I lived out west I'd probably put more thought into getting away from people.

Y'all come on down!

definitely shoot the kid. He shouldn't have made it this long
Posted By: slumlord Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
dont think SF is set up to run his place off wood.....electricity goes out and you wont notice other than not being able to get on the internet at Scott's place grin
dont need electricity to crap in a pickle bucket. Hell, I've always said that.
Posted By: slumlord Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by memtb

I believe that is Calcium hypochlorite that makes bleach.

just get bucket of HTH pool chemical from Sams. That'll work.

I think laugh
My house will be my quarantine area. No need to go anywhere else.

Anybody that knocks will be shot. Then raped. By me.

Travis
Originally Posted by KFWA

part of what drives my logic to stay put is I have more [bleep] than I can throw into the back of a truck or camper - and I honestly can't imagine where I would go where I would truly be away from people in a case of mass evacuation on 1 or 2 tanks of gas.

now if I lived out west I'd probably put more thought into getting away from people.
That's what you get for buying the Coopers. Next time get the Michelins.
Posted By: BossHawg Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by slumlord
dont need electricity to crap in a pickle bucket. Hell, I've always said that.

You should be banned from here
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by KFWA

That's what you get for buying the Coopers. Next time get the Michelins.

LOL
Posted By: Greyghost Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
How many are still shaking hands when greeting someone, not taking advantage of the wipes when grabbing a shopping cart at the store, eat off the local carts and lunch wagons, and all the other little things that might spread something like this?

Phil
Joking aside, communities banding together is the way to survive.

The only thing close to a disaster I personally know of is one of those three big hurricanes that ran through S. Florida in the early part of this century. After one of them my mother's neighborhood in Ft. Lauderdale was without power for three weeks. Trees down everywhere, no gasoline for sale for that whole three weeks (no power so the cash registers wouldn't work!), people pretty much survived with what they had on hand. FEMA did come along and set up an ice and food distribution station about 6 blocks away.

Folks in the neighborhood worked for each other, not against each other. One guy with a pickup would carry several folks over so they all could get bags of ice and rations if needed, that saved gas. Then the next day someone else would use their vehicle to carry a bunch of folks. Or the kids would get their little wagons and all walk over to the FEMA trailer to get supplies. People helped pick up trash and downed trees from everyone's yards. When some a-hole came bombing through there too fast he was met with a crowd of folks telling him to go elsewhere.

We've seen that after tornadoes and natural disasters all over the country - it tends to bring people together instead of everyone running around shooting up everyone else and hording their supplies or stealing from others.

Yes, I know that didn't necessarily apply in one recent hurricane/flooding situation, but as far as I can see the above does apply in neighborhoods of a "lighter" persuasion.
Posted By: Hotload Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
You make a good point. I have lots of 30-06, and could fight it out for years.

Now that damn ebola .... it will be all over in a few weeks.

The only thing close to a disaster I personally know of is one of those three big hurricanes that ran through S. Florida in the early part of this century. After one of them my mother's neighborhood in Ft. Lauderdale was without power for three weeks. Trees down everywhere, no gasoline for sale for that whole three weeks (no power so the cash registers wouldn't work!), people pretty much survived with what they had on hand. FEMA did come along and set up an ice and food distribution station about 6 blocks away.

Folks in the neighborhood worked for each other, not against each other. One guy with a pickup would carry several folks over so they all could get bags of ice and rations if needed, that saved gas. Then the next day someone else would use their vehicle to carry a bunch of folks. Or the kids would get their little wagons and all walk over to the FEMA trailer to get supplies. People helped pick up trash and downed trees from everyone's yards. When some a-hole came bombing through there too fast he was met with a crowd of folks telling him to go elsewhere.

We've seen that after tornadoes and natural disasters all over the country - it tends to bring people together instead of everyone running around shooting up everyone else and hording their supplies or stealing from others.

Yes, I know that didn't necessarily apply in one recent hurricane/flooding situation, but as far as I can see the above does apply in neighborhoods of a "lighter" persuasion.

We saw a very similar situation during the Monument Fire, some years back,....folks teamed up and "Got er' done'. Livestock was evacuated, or gathered into safe areas, potential looters were confronted and run off by squared away and well prepared residents, firebreaks were cleared by volunteered equipment, and spot fires were put out without waiting for permission from INCREDIBLY screwed up "Fire management"

Crap the Feds were in the way, or screwing something up most of the time, up to and including STARTING more fires. crazy

A good and interesting fictional book to read concerning your idea.

One Second After
Posted By: mirage243 Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
I'm good to go for a while, several months at least.
I read that a couple of years ago when it came out, it is a good book. I liked the plan for sharing community foodstuffs; if you wanted to participate you had to open your home and grounds for inspection to prevent hoarding. If you wanted to hoard your own stuff, fine, you just couldn't share in the community goods.
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Could I opt for getting raped first and maybe a last meal before being shot?
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
That obese boob, Tyler Smith, in the "Preppers" video, reminds me of the Internet's infamous "Gunkid," except I didn't see a wheelbarrow. grin

[Linked Image]

Or............

That video was written by a couple of Hollywood comedy writers and Tubby Tyler was perfect casting. wink

L.W.

Originally Posted by fish head

If you like protein I sure that can be arranged.
Posted By: stumpman Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
For those who are prepared to last a month or two what do you do then? All you will be doing is putting off the end by so many days if it gets that bad. Plenty of ammo and guns gets what you want from those that don't have the ammo.
Sure would be nice to have a list of all those without guns and ammo wouldn't it. I'm sure the government could make great use of it too.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rattler Re: How many are prepared? - 10/16/14
Originally Posted by stumpman
For those who are prepared to last a month or two what do you do then? All you will be doing is putting off the end by so many days if it gets that bad. Plenty of ammo and guns gets what you want from those that don't have the ammo.

because im set up to ride out a 100 or 500 year blizzard that cuts us off for awhile....hasnt happened yet here but has to some surrounding communities....like i said no point and being prepped for long term SHTF cause i wont survive it anyway without modern medicine....

If you like protein I sure that can be arranged.

I'm good; please shoot me first.
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

No.

Travis
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[Linked Image]

You coast dwellers should be the last group crying tin foil. Every fuggin' time it rains you make the national news.

Travis
Posted By: memtb Re: How many are prepared? - 10/17/14

slumlord, There are several different types(formulas) of pool treatments available, and some can be far more harmful than beneficial. So, make sure of the treatment!! memtb
Posted By: memtb Re: How many are prepared? - 10/17/14
If anyone is interested, there is a website (Survivalblog, by James Wesley Rawles)which has more info than you could absorb in months of reading. Most of the info is contributed by like-minded people, outdoors types(hunting, trapping, hide tanning,ect.), doctors, vetinarians,dentists, military personel(many using proven techniques used for centuries in 3rd. world nations),gardening, food storage, only to name a few. All articles are archived back about 10 or 12 years, and grouped in alphabetical order. It doesn't promote weapons use(unless needed,)but "Family, "Friends",and "Christianty".To many being prepared,is over the top but to others it's merely common sense logic. Check it out, I don't think you will be disappointed. memtb
Along that line I found the Crisis Preparedness handbook to contain some fairly useful and practical advice. Some will nitpick the parts on firearms but looneys would do that with anything firearm related.

The basic advice is:
Learn the skills you need before you need them
Gather the stuff you need before you need it

If you wait until the actual disaster to start gathering skills or supplies, you're screwed.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: How many are prepared? - 10/17/14

If you wait until the actual disaster to start gathering skills or supplies, you're screwed.

seems right to me
© 24hourcampfire