Originally Posted by memtb

Yondering, I’d forgotten how successful you were with the 460. Your pattern is better than mine! Perhaps I’m pushing mine a bit hard.....what is your powder and charge for the 1/2 ounce load? I used standard 410, 2 1/2” load data! memtb

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm using 200gr of shot in a .410 wad (I'm using a shorter OAL shell than you, and am cutting 1/4" off the petals of the .410 wad) over 5.2gr of Bullseye for 1,000 fps. I did see a big difference in patterns between using a thin card over-shot wad and a .45 gas check over the shot; the gas check opened patterns considerably. Also, even just going down to 4.5gr Bullseye opened up the pattern a bit; 1,000 fps seems to be the sweet spot for that load in my pistol.

The reason I'm using a shorter case than full cylinder length is because of the 45 ACP shotshell die set I'm using - that die set forms the end of the case to approximate a 45 bullet's dimensions, with the result of a "shoulder" in the case at max cylinder length as shown in the pics above. In order for that shoulder to end up at max cylinder length, the max case length has to be as the pic shows. I need to figure out a sizing die combination that will form that shoulder for me in a separate step, so I can leave the case at max cylinder length.