Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Vihtavuori powder is some of the best. Perhaps because it's made in Finland, its very temperature resistant--and as of 2-3 years ago, it all includes a decoppering agent.

The 100-series powders are single-based, and result in longer barrel life. The 500-series a double-based and result in somewhat higher velocities. So much of the choice depends on how often you shoot a particular rifle.

In the Grendel I found N540 worked very well with heavier bullets. In the 6.5x55 you might try their relatively new N555, which was partially introduced for use in the 6.5 Creedmoor, which has a similar case capacity.

I have been wanting to try the N555 for awhile now for my 6.5x55, just haven't seen any in various MT locations and online. Have you seen any in MT?

Don't know, mostly because I have enough N555, so haven't been looking for it! But have generally found Sportsman's Warehouses here in Montana tend to stock VV powders more often than other stores.

Yeah, I was in the Helena store a week ago. None there, but I'll keep looking. Thanks for the help.