Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have two of them, a 223 and a 6.5 Grendel. The Grendel was part of a package deal where I bought a few rifles and sold all but the Grendel, basically clearing enough on the deal that the Grendel was a freebie. I put a Stockys seconds carbon fiber stock that cost $300 on it, and the OG bottom metal which was another $160. So, my total on that Howa isn't too bad.

On the other hand, I paid $450 for the Mini 223, and have left it as is, because I'm using it as a truck gun. If I'd fixed it up like I did the Grendel, I'd have over $900 in it, and that's not including a scope and the mounts. The Howa Minis are certainly nice little rifles, and both of mine shoot very good, but IMO I wouldn't want to have anymore money tied up in mine than what I have.

When the pig is pretty enough to suit you, you’ve applied enough lipstick. If I wanted a truck gun, I’d likely only swap out the guard for an aluminum one that takes the factory mags. After I found the CZ mag unit was reliable, I bought three more mags while the gettin’ was good. Sooner or later, they’ll dry up. The three-shot fits flush and is the one that stays in the rifle.

What fresh Hell is this?