Originally Posted by Windknot
I have one the earliest made in 1964, that I bought just a 1 1/2 year ago because it was so clean. It's about stolen my heart from my model 64 for my favorite! Guarantee it would do the same to any 94 lover! Probably mostly pre64 parts, IDK?. It shoots everything I put in it more accurate than the iron sights can prove, functions flawlessly. I must admit I started not to buy it because of the post 64 hype, knowing by Ser# what it was. Love this rifle! I believe a good portion of the pist 64 hype is talk, too many who swear by their post 64's, just my opinion!
One thing I learned for sure from my dad in 60's & 70's. He was a Winchester shotgun nut, squirrel hunter lifetime. He had Mod 12's, Mod 10, Mod 50, few others including Browning. He swore by his Mod 1400 he got in 1966, drug it all over 2 states. He said you can't do nothing hurt it! He packed that gun solely for about 14 years, finally finished with his Mod 50 later years, just because me and a brother gave it to him. His all time favorite was the 1400!
Post 63 guys always think it's hype until they try a pre 64. The difference in quality quickly jumps out at you. But the later angle eject guns are very good