Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Brad
Ed, where are you going, what are you doing, what time of year?

Brad,

Brown bear over the 4th of July launching via my place in north Idaho. Jake Jefferson is the guide/owner. Fly into Anchorage, spend the night then on his plane to "I haven't a clue"...

Hi Ed, so given you'll be there in July, no need for the extra weight of the Xtherm - unless of course this isn't a backpack trip, in which case I'd get something thicker and even more comfortable than the Xtherm (yes, I have one).
Brad,

Have you tried the NXT? It's thicker and more comfortable than the original XTherm, IME. Tough to beat a Downmat 9 for comfort.

Jordan, no - the fact you mentioned the newer NXT went right past me! I haven't used it. I have the older version. It's nicely warm and plenty comfortable. However, Nemo is upgrading their Tensor line slowly this year. Most folks consider the Tensor's more comfortable than the Neoair's. All are going to 3.5" thickness and better R values. They do, however, average around 1.5 oz's heavier than the Neoairs.

The first they've upgraded is the "Extreme" model, which competes with the Xtherm, but is 3.5" thick and R8.5. Going forward, I'm switching over to Tensor's.

https://www.nemoequipment.com/colle...or-extreme-ultralight-mountaineering-pad

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery