Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The last few days my internet has dramatically slowed down across several devices (iPhone, AppleTV, Fire Stick, and my computer) to where my devices are suddenly having trouble showing videos at anything but low resolution (takes longer to start, and has lots of stoppages where I have to wait for things to catch up again), whereas before, and for years, it's had no problem showing the highest resolution videos smoothly.

Today I get an email from my internet service provider that my old equipment can't handle the higher speeds they have now switched to, and it's time for an upgrade.

I think I smell a rat.

My service went out just before the NFL playoffs started, and I called repair. The problem turned out to be a break in the line well upstream, and it took a day or so to find it and get me going again. When I called, the support lady told me I was earmarked for a change of equipment. No cost, no problem, a few days after they got my service running again, a fellow came out and gave me all new equipment. Furthermore, about a month later, I got a notice saying that they were increasing my internet speed considerably because I was now on new equipment.

No charge. No big hassle. No complaints. I'm happy. It's not always a conspiracy.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer