I thought I'd share this with 24 hr members.

This year marks my old center console 1910 Trophy Bayliner's 40th year. The time sure flied by! When I purchased the boat in 1984, I had Tucson Marine switch the Force engine that was part of the original package with a 115 V-4 Yamaha 2 stroke instead.

I removed the large stainless tubing around the front and windshield. Added a trolling motor. Redesigned the dash using teak and had a shorter angled windshield fabricated. I also have a pair of downriggers I machined myself, you can see the bases in the two rear corners.

While I am on trolling motor # 5 the engine just keeps on going. I attribute its long life to using Yamaha products exclusively. 2 stroke oil, ring free and gas treatment.

The best accessory was the Bennett trim tabs. I have been in some nasty chop and big waves in Lake Ontario, Elephant Butte Reservoir, Lake Powell and the Sea of Cortez to mention a few and those trim tabs made a huge difference.

I have had several butt seats over the years. Most seats were pieces of junk only lasting a few seasons. I discovered that a drummer's throne seat made by Tama is THE seat. It is molded to conform to the body and uses very dense foam. I had it upholstered with convertible top material which has lasted many seasons.

This year I decided to add hydraulic steering. I did some research and it will neutralize torque steer. I suppose it could leak but never again will I encounter the resistance and slop that the original Morse rack and pinion push/pull cable system had. (had two)

I will begin the fishing season next week at the only waters I fish anymore, Roosevelt Lake Az. I use lures and am happy to have ANY kind of fish on the end of the line. While it is mostly largemouth and a few smallmouth bass, there are channel cats, flathead cats, crappie and even carp that could be caught. It is all about the action for me.

Have had my GWPs on board for over 35 years. The dogs have a great time and add to the fun. I have a tiny teak boarding platform for them.

A few pics:
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]