Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Neck down small primer 308 cases.....

Without looking, thought I saw that they also had 260 and 7/08 brass with small primer pockets.

Definitely have some CreedMore brass with small primer pockets.... Would a sizing die make a CreedMore dimensionally usable? Never tried it, so that is why I ask....maybe someone else has.

picked up a box of Peterson 260 rem SRP brass tonight, very nice looking brass, think the 260 brass is a better fit than necking down 308 brass, they will need fire formed

Having experimented with trying to neck down 30 cal brass to 6mm, I'd go that route with no hesitation. With 30 cal you'd have to trim the neck thickness. I end up with a lot of 308 brass I pick up at the range ( NOT when democRATS are in office tho, price goes up and people don't get rid of it or just let it lay.. ), Its fine to neck 308 down to 7/08 or 260.. to 6mm starts to get to be a stretch, without more attention.

I'll have to relook at the Peterson web site. I would like to try some 243 with a small rifle primer pocket. If they have it in 260, then I'd be good to go. First time in a decade or two, I've had to BUY store brass. MY needs have been covered with all of the once fired brass left on the ground at our local range. Its the one good thing about being so close to California..
They come up here and look at their used brass being trash, so they leave it laying where it falls. For some reason, they think their daily range use fee, ( not being members ) includes ROOM SERVICE. At the same time, I can't keep track on how many times I've heard the comments of " Who CARES, Its Oregon!"

Appreciate the free brass..... Their negative comments about Oregon, they can go back to where they friggin Came FROM!

im using peterson SRP 260 brass, they need to be fire form to dimension, loaed all 100 up with sierra 85gr hpbt gameking, screwed a old 243 barrel on and will sit out on my deck and fireform brass shooting at whatever. one other thing peterson 260 brass sized to 243, the OAL is 2.035, as a 308 case resized to 243 is 2.018