Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by Mooseman684
I bought a MEC .410 loader and never looked back. I can Load 2.5" AA hulls for ~3.00 a box. The only issue I have is 3/4 oz wads for 3 inch shells are impossible to find as they sell a 5/8 oz wad that is short.
Rich

How does it do with dropping shot? Does the shot bridge? I've heard anything bigger than 9s can cause problems in the 410 loaders. I'd like to be able to drop as big as #6s. If that's possible I'll get another mec. I have 2 sizemasters, one in 20 and one in 12 and a die set for 28. I love my sizemaster but fir a 310 I'd probably just get a 600 Jr because the 410 sizemaster doesn't have a primer feed anyways.

I'm thinking about buying a ksg in 410 because I think my kids would love it. My 10 year old daughter is tiny weighing in at about 58 pounds. I think she'd love a 410 ksg and it could be her and my wifes home defense gun.

Bb

Burley boy,

If one does the "tricks" described, you find #6 shot will bridge frequently, 7.5 will bridge less often, #8 will on occasion, and #9 rarely when using a single stage loader. This is due to SAAMI tolerances being +/- one shot size for a given size. As mentioned, slowly moving the bar back and forth with a single stage will lessen this tendency to bridge but not eliminate it.